Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20180430_20_59_48_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180430_21_00_38_Pro (resized).jpg
Yuma Arizona flipper (resized).jpg
1950_United_Catalog_pg021 (resized).jpg
1950_United_Catalog_pg020 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I inherited a 1949 United Aquacade which I've gotten working pretty well except I find that the flippers are a bit anemic when I compare it to one video I find at

Does anyone happen to have a good parts list for the machine, in particular I remember talking to the person who owned it years ago and him commenting about trying to find the right spring which would push back the flippers but not keep the solenoid from running right. I've cleaned everything pretty well and replaced the coil sleeve, but while it is certainly playable, I would really like to improve it.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

I'm not aware of a parts list for your machine, nor do I know where you might find these parts, but these are from the 1950 United Parts catalog:
1950_United_Catalog_pg020 (resized).jpg1950_United_Catalog_pg020 (resized).jpg
1950_United_Catalog_pg021 (resized).jpg1950_United_Catalog_pg021 (resized).jpg
And this is from a '50 United Yuma Arizona
Yuma Arizona flipper (resized).jpgYuma Arizona flipper (resized).jpg
Oddly enough there is no spring in the parts list even though there was one in the Yuma. Is there supposed to be one? Or is gravity supposed to be enough?

BTW, this parts catalog and others are available at http://funwithpinball.com/resources/parts-catalog-list

/Mark

#3 6 years ago

Thank you! That looks exactly like the the flipper arrangement on my machine and that spring seems like a much better choice than what is currently on the machine... Next I have to figure out what that flipper coil actually is to get a replacement. The current spring on it is a very small light spring so it barely brings it back, but any stronger spring and the flipper coil doesn't seem to be able to pull the flippers.

Quoted from MarkG:

I'm not aware of a parts list for your machine, nor do I know where you might find these parts, but these are from the 1950 United Parts catalog:

And this is from a '50 United Yuma Arizona

Oddly enough there is no spring in the parts list even though there was one in the Yuma. Is there supposed to be one? Or is gravity supposed to be enough?
BTW, this parts catalog and others are available at http://funwithpinball.com/resources/parts-catalog-list
/Mark

2 weeks later
#5 5 years ago

Hi,
On my Aquacade, I've used a compression spring for flippers you can find on Bally, Williams and other brand solid state pinballs (parts nb 10-376).
This spring, together with gravity works prety good as you can see on my video here above.

WP_20180430_21_00_38_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180430_21_00_38_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180430_20_59_48_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180430_20_59_48_Pro (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-parts-numbersflipper-repair-info and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.