Looking for original METEOR drop target "E" or a "3"

By RC_like_the_cola

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Looking for original METEOR drop target "E" or a "3"

Added: 2019-06-16 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (July 29th, 2019) • Ended: November 15th, 2019

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Wanted

Item description

Seems the repros don't want to stay up. Anyone have an original tombstone target without a hood? E or 3 preferred but could be any Stern target and I can print a decal for it.

Thanks,
RC

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are RC_like_the_cola's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to RC_like_the_cola's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Sellersburg, IN, US

#3 4 years ago

Not a complete set but I probably have a bunch I can check on.

I have repros and they work fine. They are a bit shorter but I don;t know if I'e heard of them dropping too easy before

#4 4 years ago

Mine has the same problem

#5 4 years ago

Hmmm.....well that's not cool at all!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not a complete set but I probably have a bunch I can check on.
I have repros and they work fine. They are a bit shorter but I don;t know if I'e heard of them dropping too easy before

Please lemme know. They don't even have to all be from Meteor as long as they are original Sterns, I can use a decal to get the right letter on there.

Thanks,
RC

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Please lemme know. They don't even have to all be from Meteor as long as they are original Sterns, I can use a decal to get the right letter on there.
Thanks,
RC

Alright I'll try to remember...I;ve made a note

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Alright I'll try to remember...I;ve made a note

Thanks. I can pm you my cell number if that is easier than pinside.

#9 4 years ago

I have complete Meteor drop target banks for sale.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from knazzo:

I have complete Meteor drop target banks for sale.

You have original targets? I don't need a whole bank assembly.

1 week later
#11 4 years ago

Bumping this one up.

#12 4 years ago

Post fireworks bump. Would love to find some original Stern targets. Don't even need to be METEOR at this point. Just original tombstone targets. I can make decals for the letters if needed.

#13 4 years ago

Post fireworks bump. Would love to find some original Stern targets. Don't even need to be METEOR at this point. Just original tombstone targets. I can make decals for the letters if needed.

We have hooded, older aftermarket targets. They are marked "Rotterdam", which I believe was Suzo parts back in the day. Should have at least 6 to spell M-E-T-E-O-R.

#14 4 years ago

Shot in the dark... but would you happen to have a monitor control board for mortal kombat 2 arcade?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

We have hooded, older aftermarket targets. They are marked "Rotterdam", which I believe was Suzo parts back in the day. Should have at least 6 to spell M-E-T-E-O-R.

You have blanks or the METEOR targets? Got any pics? I'm pretty stumped on this drop target issue I'm having and have been advised that the repros are the reason they won't stay up. Something about the notch not being deep enough to catch the little plate.

#16 4 years ago

The repro's work, but take a lot more time to adjust.
had to use a heat gun to bend them forward or back a little.
Think they cooled differently from the mold or something, because the heights are all different.
I had to use small pieces of plastic on the bottom of the mech to get them to line up. (the same thickness as the playfield protector stuff)
Then readjust the reset bar so maybe it slightly higher on one side. I bought them from 3 different sources and they are all about the same.

to get them to drop easier, I used a higher tensioned spring and filed down the nib a little.
I do this last part on stubborn original drops as well.
After messing with repros, I keep the originals now.

Actually have all repro's on my meteor, that game was a pain.

#17 4 years ago

You have blanks or the METEOR targets? Got any pics? I'm pretty stumped on this drop target issue I'm having and have been advised that the repros are the reason they won't stay up. Something about the notch not being deep enough to catch the little plate.

They are blank.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

The repro's work, but take a lot more time to adjust.
had to use a heat gun to bend them forward or back a little.
Think they cooled differently from the mold or something, because the heights are all different.
I had to use small pieces of plastic on the bottom of the mech to get them to line up. (the same thickness as the playfield protector stuff)
Then readjust the reset bar so maybe it slightly higher on one side. I bought them from 3 different sources and they are all about the same.
to get them to drop easier, I used a higher tensioned spring and filed down the nib a little.
I do this last part on stubborn original drops as well.
After messing with repros, I keep the originals now.
Actually have all repro's on my meteor, that game was a pain.

Hmm. I'll try the heating and bending forward. They drop fine, but won't stay up on a reset.

Thanks for that tip.

2 weeks later
#19 4 years ago

Thanks to a generous pinsider, I have nearly all original targets for the METEOR bank. Could use an original, non hooded E or a 3 with no hood if anyone has one leftover from a target change out.

Thanks much.
RC

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-original-meteor-drops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.