10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smokedog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Looking to find operators in the Ottawa and Montreal area. I know Starburst is the only distributor, I'm trying to locate the middle man who might want to offload some routed machines.

#2 10 years ago

Goto pinball revolution. Their all local Ontario Quebec guys

#3 10 years ago

Yeah I'm not talking about the regular joe that has pinballs. I'm looking for the guy that owns a shitload of routed pinballs, the operator...the guy that makes the routes.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm looking for the guy that owns a shitload of routed pinballs, the operator...the guy that makes the routes.

Are there a lot of pins on location in your area ? If not, the operators have likely already sold off their pins.

Grab a phone book or internet and search for amusement devices. Local distributor ? Ask them for ops in your area to put games in your bar. etc. etc.

LTG : )

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Looking to find operators in the Ottawa and Montreal area. I know Starburst is the only distributor, I'm trying to locate the middle man who might want to offload some routed machines.

The best way to meet an op is to play his or her games regularly. Do you play on location?

Cold calling an op to ask if he will sell games rarely works. You're basically asking him if you can take away some of his income. Good luck either way.

#6 10 years ago

Problem is that there is not really anyone in my area.

#7 10 years ago

All the OPS out our way have also gotten wise. The are not dumb, know how to use the internet, and like money like the rest of us.

Example:

Me: "Hey ***, how are you doing? Long time no talk. Do you still have the Addams Family out on route?"

Him: "Hey Smokedog, I've been good. Nope, it's in storage now. Replaced it with a gumball machine. Gumballs make more money."

Me: "Oh that's good, glad to hear. Say, think you'd part with that pin?"

Him: "Sure would. $5,000 and it's yours. Cash only"

Me: "But that's been on route since you pulled it out of the box. I've seen your sweat and cigarette ash fall all over the play field while you wiped it with the same rag you change your oil with."

Him: "$5,000 and it's yours. I've seen what they go for on Ebay."

Me: "Well, I can't justify that, ***. Have a good one!"

/end scene

*The name of the pin in the above example has been changed to protect the innocent TAF's out there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-operators-in-ottawa-montreal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.