(Topic ID: 296924)

Looking for old computer pinball game

By crazycatguy42

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

timeshock (resized).jpg
    williams-pinball-classics-06.big (resized).jpg
    Screenshot from 2021-07-18 00-26-15 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210718-064920_Chrome.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

Hi all, I'm trying to track down the name of a very old and very simple pinball computer game,
    I had it on my old windows computer as a kid, but i've totally forgotten the name of it. I haven't found any
    pictures, all that I can describe about it is that it had 3 levels of machines, and instead of a normal drain it had these little
    funnels scattered around that would lose the ball instead if the the ball touched them, and it would be accompanied by this
    cartoony *slurp* sound effect. The background of the machines was just this black/grey void with no artwork.

#3 2 years ago

I can't remember exactly what version! I think it was compatible with a lot of different old systems, but I'm unsure if it was actually a Microsoft release or not, I just used an old computer when I was playing it.

#4 2 years ago

Oldest I found was epic pinball from 1995?

#5 2 years ago

I did come across that one when I was searching for it! It wasn't that one, the one I remember was even simpler! Thanks
    for the suggestion though!

#6 2 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #7 2 years ago

Is that the board "Enigma" from Epic Pinball? I played the hell out of that game back in the day.

#8 2 years ago

I only remember this

Great game at that time!
    Rest of computerized pinball sucks imo
    Screenshot_20210718-064920_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210718-064920_Chrome.jpg

#9 2 years ago

Oh yeah, my childhood was defined by:
    - Pinball Enigma (above)
    - Pinball Arcade (always had to get to Rowdy Ramp Round!)
    Screenshot from 2021-07-18 00-26-15 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2021-07-18 00-26-15 (resized).png

- Williams Pinball Classics (this was the closest I could get to having "the real thing" at home)
    williams-pinball-classics-06.big (resized).jpgwilliams-pinball-classics-06.big (resized).jpg

- My head about exploded when I saw Timeshock for the first time though. The first pinball game I had that had a full service menu even.

timeshock (resized).jpgtimeshock (resized).jpg
    #10 2 years ago

Great suggestions guys!! I do remember Microsoft Pinball Arcade, I actually recently found a copy of that still in box!
    The distinctive thing about the one I'm looking for is that the ball drain wasn't like the ones on a standard machine, they
    actually appeared as these little funnel like things, and on a few of the tables there were actually drains in places on the field as well as the bottom, as
    an extra challenge!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-old-computer-pinball-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.