(Topic ID: 256789)

Looking for Nth. American pinball experiences for the next 6 months...

By chinosts

7 days ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Kkuoppamaki
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 days ago

I'm Australian and normally live there but I'll will be based out of Vancouver from Dec 17th 2019 - Jun 15th 2020 and am willing to travel for a good pinball expo / experience!

Looking for suggestions for things that may include - new pinball title launches, vendor halls, pinball tournaments and freeplay etc.

Some initial searches have turned up events all over the place (inc. Vancouver Flipout!) but most take place in October I might be still over there then but am interested in what people think I should experience between Jan-Jun 2020...

** I have considered doing a trip to Chicago as I have never been there before but I'm not sure if there is much to do there as an individual from a pinball experience perspective..

Cheers!

#2 7 days ago

A bit away from Vancouver, but Texas Pinball Festival in March is an awesome event!!!

#3 7 days ago

Golden State Pinball Festival in Northern California in May

#4 7 days ago

you could check out yegpin in Edmonton at the beginning of May

#5 7 days ago

You should have titled your thread "Places to play in Vancouver"

#6 7 days ago

Obvs the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. Easy to get to and Vegas is a blast in addition to pinball, even if you don't gamble.

Other ideas ... Allentown show in the spring. There's an airport right there, or it's close to Philadelphia. Maybe American Pinball in Chicago offers factory tours? Sunshine Laundromat in NYC? You should definitely visit New York if you've never been, and Chicago and Philly are great too.

#7 6 days ago

If you're still around at the end of June, try Pintastic New England, now in Boxborough, MA.
    .................David Marston

#8 6 days ago

To decide whether to go to Chicago you could ask for tours of Stern, Chicago Gaming, or American Pinball. And if you're willing to drive a bit Spooky too (which is only ~2hr drive from Chicago).

#9 6 days ago
    Quoted from tiesmasc:

To decide whether to go to Chicago you could ask for tours of Stern, Chicago Gaming, or American Pinball. And if you're willing to drive a bit Spooky too (which is only ~2hr drive from Chicago).

Consider timing your Chicago trip to work in the VFW show in May. About 4 hour drive between.
    VFW is a great time.

#11 6 days ago

VFW for +2

Not far from VFW:

Wizards World (AKA Fort Wayne Pinball) near Fort Wayne, IN (actually located in Huntertown, just a few miles north of Ft. Wayne) 80+ pins, all maintained in great shape.

Main Street in Lafayette, IN

#12 6 days ago

Combine a Stern, American or CG tour with a visit to the Logan Arcade (or multiple other Chitown barcades) and the the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee, only 100Km away, April 3-5.

Don C.

#13 5 days ago

Pretty easy to pop down to Seattle or Portland from Vancouver for a quick trip, so check out the IFPA calendar if you want to see what weeklies or monthlies are happening on a given date. There are also non-IFPA events in both cities, but harder to find a single calendar to get info on those.
    There is gonna be a 24 hour event at Quarterworld in Portland for the Leap Year on that extra day in Feb, off the top of my head. And the 4/20 tournament at Add-A-Ball in Seattle was pretty ridiculous (not IFPA tho!).

#15 5 days ago
    Quoted from JimFNB:

Maybe American Pinball in Chicago offers factory tours?

we're always happy to give people a tour
    just shoot me a PM and let me know when you'd like to visit

#16 4 days ago

Wow such awesome feedback guys!!! Thank you so much! I will definitely take a closer look at the suggestions this weekend

#17 4 days ago

The best pinball show in the Pacific Northwest, NorthWest pinball show (http://www.nwpinballshow.com/) is first weekend of June next year. Hundreds of pinball machines to play, extremely competitive tournament, and a short nice drive down from Vancouver.

You should visit Seattle anyhow, the pinball scene is fantastic and there's a tournament almost every day of the week (check out https://www.skill-shot.com/ for more details on locations and tournament calendar). This thread, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seattle-bound, has a lot of good info in it also.

And while you are at it, don't shy away from visiting Portland. It's the only city with slightly higher number of pinball machines to play per capita than Seattle

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 28.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.00
    $ 199.99
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside