(Topic ID: 249437)

Looking for my first real pinball machine...

By Daximus

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daximus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys!
    I'm finally on the hunt for my first real pinball machine! I've had a zizzle POTC in the past and was never really in love with it. We finally got an arcade/brewery here in town which is AMAZING and has rekindled my desire to own one. Anyway, the market for pins in Montana is nonexistent to say the least!
    I'm open to suggestions and don't have a particular one in mind. I find myself drawn to newer machines and in particular 90's machines but not set on anything. I'm not afraid of a project but would prefer one that may have a beat up cabinet, etc but plays 100%...functional but cosmetically loved .
    My budget ideally would be $1000-1500 plus shipping but may be willing to up that for the right machine.
    Let me know if you have something you'd be willing to part with to start my collection. Thanks for letting me lurk and learn as I get started
    Thanks,
    Dax

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Wickerman2 I've been through that list more times than I'd like to admit lol. Anyway, I've been keeping an eye on the classified listings (here and elsewhere) but a lot of them aren't willing to ship, etc. Just was tossing this out there to see if anyone had anything they were looking to get rid of. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post...

#7 4 years ago

Thanks guys, those are some great recommendations! I know enough to be dangerous on the electrical side of things which should help. Do you think it would be better to wait or pull the trigger now on the best deal I can find? The fact that I'm in Montana limits things tremendously and will be expensive to ship. There is ONE machine in Montana currently for sale and it's 1968 Domino...it's fine, but I just know I would find myself wanting to upgrade almost immediately! It's kinda blowing my mind how expensive these things are!

#9 4 years ago

Thanks! How accurate is the value ranges on here as a basis for what I should spend on a particular machine? The lost world you sent seems to be in range but this one is way off...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79272

#17 4 years ago

Haha not sure if the wife would sign on for 2-3k lol. The idea of using shipping costs into the budget is intriguing. However buying on here seems much safer than craigslist. Man, the idea of waiting seems so unfulfilling lol!

#20 4 years ago

Good point about being able to test drive and fully test out in person. Funny, a Firepower II just hit my radar on here, but I think it just went sale pending...sigh.

#36 4 years ago

Thanks guys! Super helpful stuff!!! I messaged on that Simpson’s machine but no response, also got a private message about a Vector which seems really intriguing!

#37 4 years ago

One of you mentioned getting one before the snow flies...is this a concern other than transport? Obviously would take precautions for weather but does the hot to cold hurt the Playfield, etc?

#39 4 years ago

I have to say I’m truly humbled by how many people have opened up to help! Sharing your wisdom and experiences helps more than you’ll ever know...THANK YOU!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daximus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-my-first-real-pinball-machine?tu=daximus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.