• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2193[1] (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Hi there,

Can you help me with a LOTR LE manual. I want to check which fuses are being used (for example on the flippers). At the end it's great to have a manual lying around.

Thanks for your attention!
Peter

#2 5 years ago

Aren't the flipper fuses at the same location as the standard LotR, next to the flipper unit ?

#3 5 years ago

Yeah, sorry you are right about that. I meant the diodes are different. At the board and next to the flipper units.
Anyway, there are some differences, better to have the LE version documentation if it excisted.

#4 5 years ago

https://www.ipdb.org/files/4858/Stern_2003_The_Lord_of_the_Rings_English_Manual_complete.pdf

don't think there is a specific LE manual. if you look at the differences I assume electronic wise they are the same (minus the option of the shaker)

Here are the factory changes that differentiate the LE version from the original version:

• The backglass is real glass (not a translite) with a mirrored gold effect.
• Extra clearcoats on playfield.
• 'Armies of Middle Earth' plastic figures were not used. Therefore, no mounting holes exist in the playfield plastics for them.
• Playfield is signed by Gary Stern and George Gomez.
• "Gold" trim. The lockdown bar, legs, hinges, and side rails are plated and polished. Gold trim around the backbox.
• Game has the option to add a Shaker Motor.
• Leg bolts and hinge bolts are brass plated.
• The speaker panel has a "500 Game Limited Edition" plate and gold painted grills.
• Certificate of Authenticity signed by Gary Stern.

#5 5 years ago

I bought mine NIB. I pulled the manual out of the cabinet before leaving it unstapled was the right thing to do.
It is the same manual as the original

#6 5 years ago

Biggest change in technical aspect is that the LotR-LE has no longer a whitestar boardset but has mixed SAM and WhiteStar boards.

#7 5 years ago

Think its only Pro manual, possibly available on line .

#8 5 years ago

I was always curious if they used he bidirectional board for Balrog on the LE, didn't see it under the playfield, but also couldn't find documentation haha

#9 5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback!
I thought reading the manual extensively would help me understand the machine better.

About the boardset. Since I blew my board repair trying to solve my blowing flipper fuse, board diode, transistor circular problem I ended up buying a new board for this LE. I learned this week about the diode also needed to be replaced.
The board was crazy expensive (+$500,- from
germany) but Im happy that it’s coming to enjoy the machine again after too long.

I need to practice my board soldering. There is also some solder (flux?) on the green lines on the board and I think that messed it up as well. Im not sure. Not easy to fix this board issue messing the board up being a solder noob

Thanks again!
Peter

#10 5 years ago

The Fuse numbers for the LE are different than the Standard. There is an LE manual. This is what is in my LE manual:

IMG_2193[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2193[1] (resized).JPG

#11 5 years ago

Thanks dcfan!
Do you mind scanning more of your manual? So I can print and document it and maybe get it on ipdb?

#12 5 years ago

http://www.firepower.2ya.com/14-lotr.html

Think that all what you’re looking for is here.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

http://www.firepower.2ya.com/14-lotr.html
Think that all what you’re looking for is here.

The links are dead.

#14 5 years ago

Fantastic! Thanks!!

#15 5 years ago

Unfortunately the links to the manual are not working. Still looking for a LOTR LE manual.
Thanks!

#17 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply. The missing pages link does work. The actual LE manual link is broken unfortunately.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Thanks for the reply. The missing pages link does work. The actual LE manual link is broken unfortunately.

The missing pages link is working for me. It shows the pages that are missing from the LE manual. I am guessing when they put the LE manual together they forgot those pages (human error). The LE manual appears to be mainly a hand edit of the original manual with a few complete pages like the fuses swapped out since that was totally different.

I don't have the time to hand scan every page of the manual, especially since the manual is bound and I don't want to take it apart to scan it through auto-feed. If I have a chance I will take a look and see if I can scan the specific pages that have edits for LE.

Have you tried contacting Stern to see if they can sell you an LE manual or post it on their site?

#19 5 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I would appreciate the LE edit pages if you find the time.
I have contacted Stern but no luck up till now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-lotr-le-manual- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.