• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

74586ADD-C354-45DC-ADD1-AA0AFE4AA710 (resized).jpeg
55712687-DF07-4574-A7E2-3949301938F2 (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Have a locked on pop bumper on my Laser War and can’t seem to figure out which transistor it is from the schematic. Can someone lend a hand and let me know which one it is? Thanks for a friendly assist....

#2 4 years ago

Check the manual on IPDB

55712687-DF07-4574-A7E2-3949301938F2 (resized).png55712687-DF07-4574-A7E2-3949301938F2 (resized).png
#3 4 years ago

The Wiz,

Thank you for trying to help. I have checked the manual but don’t see the transistor to the blue pop bumper. The image you attached looks like it’s for Secret Service not Laser War.

Anybody that can find it in the game’s schematic bc I can’t.

Thanks

#4 4 years ago

Page 26 of the manual says that it's Q8 but the schematic says that it's Q10. I suspect it's Q8. You can test both transistors to look for abnormality.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from BaymenCoach:

Have a locked on pop bumper on my Laser War and can’t seem to figure out which transistor it is from the schematic.

Find out the color of the control wire ( blue/xxx) then match the color of the wire to the transistor number. Blue/brown = Q-8 Blue/orange = Q-10.

#6 4 years ago

Here is the schematic from Laser War. It is indeed Q8 for the blue pop bumper. Not sure why I thought you were talking about the blue pop bumper though.

74586ADD-C354-45DC-ADD1-AA0AFE4AA710 (resized).jpeg74586ADD-C354-45DC-ADD1-AA0AFE4AA710 (resized).jpeg
#7 4 years ago

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for the help! Hopefully, I can figure this one out.

#8 4 years ago

Please let use know here.
I may need to update my Tech Chart for Laser War.

Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl
(Check out the Tech Charts section)

#9 4 years ago

Here's where I got with the Laser Wars....

Replaced Q8,Q2, and R19 last night with new components but the Blue Pop Bumper still locks up when you start a game or put it into test mode. I took the board over to a friend's Laser War to test it on his machine and got the same results so it has to be a cpu issue. Anyone have an idea on what might be causing the coil to engage?

Thanks for the help on this one!

#10 4 years ago

I'd first check that your replacement for Q8 is not at fault. It might be a new component but it could've been manufactured with a fault (unlikely but can't be ruled out) or you may have caused a fault in the transistor (due to not fixing a potential playfield problem that caused your original issue - such as a failed diode across the solenoid).

If the transistor tests good (that doesn't guarantee that it is good - i.e. false positive) then I'd go further "up stream". You can do a static check on the 7402. If you have a logic probe you can do a dynamic check on the 7402. The other place to check is the switched solenoid input. Those are components related to CN18. If the switched side is always registered as closed then that will activate the 7402.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-laser-war-schematic-help?hl=thewiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.