• 19 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Obed_Marsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi Pinsiders,

I've got a game reset issue with my Kiss pro machine that happens during multiball. This video is not of my machine, but this is what happens -

It has been suggested by my local pinball tech that this issue may be caused by a fault in some machines running the V1.05 game code and that I should try to downgrade the game code in my machine from V1.05 to V1.04 to try to fix this.

Just wondering if anybody has a link where I can download Kiss Code V1.04, or if they have a copy as back up, if they can send me a dropbox link to download it, so I can give this a try.

Many thanks in advance.

#2 8 years ago

I dont think doing that will make any change.
Instead of changing code do a full factory reset as i did this with mine and it worked...
If that fails contact Zax or Amd and get a new flash card

Also could be your power supply when its under load drops voltage and when in multiball could drop out causing the reset issue..
Tech from Brisbane

#3 8 years ago

Is it a transcend SD memory card? Bet thats the issue if so. Happened on my Kiss and GOT pros.

#4 8 years ago

I had a similar reset issue on another Spike system game (Wrestlemania). Stern sent me a new Power Supply assembly to swap in, and all has been good since.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for the responses guys.

Re the flash card, forgive my ignorance here as I am not in front of the game right now, but is there a memory card that lives in the Spike machines, and if so can I just replace it with an new one or will I need my distributor to supply it with new firmware?

#6 8 years ago

There is an SD on the main board in the backbox. Check to see if the brand is Transcend. You can use a different card, but need to do a bit for bit copy of the contents for it to work (copy and paste won't work). Best to have distributor or Stern to send a new one if its a Transcend.

#7 8 years ago

Great responses here compared to that idiotic aussie arcade site where you get answers like . ' will be a loose wire or blown fuse lol
This is a great forum pinside with heaps of help and the place to be .

#8 8 years ago

Does anybody know what size and card format a replacement SD card should be set up as, and how to copy the data from the old one to new one?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Thanks for the responses guys.
Re the flash card, forgive my ignorance here as I am not in front of the game right now, but is there a memory card that lives in the Spike machines, and if so can I just replace it with an new one or will I need my distributor to supply it with new firmware?

The sd cards have been a bit of an issue for the new spike system. Some brands work others don't.
AMD are fully aware of the issue so they your first port of call.
Alough it could be a power supply issue especially since it's happening in multi ball.
In multiball lots of coils and lights are on a lot more which uses more power and pushes the power supply.
This is a common issue on older games

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

The sd cards have been a bit of an issue for the new spike system. Some brands work others don't.
Alough it could be a power supply issue especially since it's happening in multi ball.
In multiball lots of coils and lights are on a lot more which uses more power and pushes the power supply.

Yep i agree as mentioned the power supply could be the issue running under voltage when loaded down as more coils etc are activated during multiball mode

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Thanks, will definitely contact AMD on Tuesday after the Easter holidays. The game is currently on location so I'm trying to what I can before then to get it back up and running. I'll take a look at the SD card today and see if I can switch it and if that makes a difference.

#12 8 years ago

For anybody else following in my foot steps, I just found this thread on how to switch the SD card in a Spike game -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cloning-duplicating-stern-spike-sd-card-on-newer-stern-pinball

3 years later
#13 4 years ago

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've been having a similar issue of my Kiss pro resetting during especially busy demon Multiball. The machine works fine otherwise.

I sent Stern a message a few days ago, but no reply yet.

8 months later
#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've been having a similar issue of my Kiss pro resetting during especially busy demon Multiball. The machine works fine otherwise.
I sent Stern a message a few days ago, but no reply yet.

Hey, just picked up a Kiss Pro a month ago and have the same exact issue. Did you ever find the answer? Is it the SD Card or is it a power issue? Thanks

1 week later
#15 3 years ago
Quoted from endodoc:

Hey, just picked up a Kiss Pro a month ago and have the same exact issue. Did you ever find the answer? Is it the SD Card or is it a power issue? Thanks

Funny timing to see a new post about this. When I first had the problem awhile back I did a factory reset and re-updated the code to 1.4.1 and the issue seemed to magically clear up for months

I thought it was resolved since I usually play a couple games on the machine each day. Just yesterday I had the issue happen again twice. I think I'm going to ping Stern about it since that post about it being power supply related makes sense. I

1 week later
#16 3 years ago
Quoted from endodoc:

Stern did me right with a correct fix. It is a power supply issue. If your machine is a PRO model, they are shipped with a 320W 48V PS. The LE and PREMIUMS come with 500W 48V PS. Swapping the 320 to a 500 ensures that the machine can handle the addition power requests on mods we add. Solved my Kiss machine issue instantly. Only about $120 to swap out but the most important Mod for a PRO model. It was on a KISS PRO

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Funny timing to see a new post about this. When I first had the problem awhile back I did a factory reset and re-updated the code to 1.4.1 and the issue seemed to magically clear up for months
I thought it was resolved since I usually play a couple games on the machine each day. Just yesterday I had the issue happen again twice. I think I'm going to ping Stern about it since that post about it being power supply related makes sense. I

Stern did me right with a correct fix. It is a power supply issue. If your machine is a PRO model, they are shipped with a 320W 48V PS. The LE and PREMIUMS come with 500W 48V PS. Swapping the 320 to a 500 ensures that the machine can handle the addition power requests on mods we add. Solved my Kiss machine issue instantly. Only about $120 to swap out but the most important Mod for a PRO model. It was on a KISS PRO

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from endodoc:

Ah, good to know. Thanks. I haven't had a chance to call them yet. I dont have any mods installed, but I do have the topper on it, probably draws as much power as mods would.

1 month later
#19 3 years ago
Quoted from endodoc:

Hey there, after ignoring my mails for about a month I finally got ahold of someone at Stern, but they said I couldn't get the bigger power supply directly through them. Curious whereabouts got your from if you happen to see this?

Thanks

Best regards,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-kiss-game-code-v104?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.