5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by thenaimis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomtest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Definitely use USPS, they are a lot more careful with packages, make sure to insure it, on the shipping customs declaration form you can check "gift" for the receiver to avoid customs costs, typically 25-35% of value, but that could be a red flag for the foreign postal services that could hold up delivery. Just say "pinball Parts" on the form. I've shipped many extremely large and fragile boxes to Europe, Australia and have only had 2 packages damaged, you must really wrap securely. Use custom form CN-22-also called PS form 2976 for boxes less than 4 lbs and value less than $400 and not going Priority, otherwise use PS form 2976-R, check "return to sender" if undeliverable and it will come back to you and I've never been charged for return postage. On the forms make sure to include yours and the addresses emails and phone numbers in case customs needs to get hold of them.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Once it leaves our shores insurance is worthless.

I have. Might depend on what country is returning it. Return postage cost more than it was worth. After that I mark them to abandon it if they can't deliver it.
    LTG : )

I had a CFTBL styrofoam torso totally destroyed that went to Australia, insured via USPS for $200, USPS refunded the $200 + $125 shipping, they had to take it to their Australia post office to verify damage and they reported back to the USPS(after I filed an online claim of course), got the $325 two weeks later.

1 week later
    #7 5 years ago

I have an account with them but really never use it, just wait in line.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomtest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-international-shipping-advice?tu=tomtest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.