You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2C0D1DFD-BC48-4950-B245-30E3299E5399 (resized).jpeg
2A8064FB-5E8A-4E97-93BD-85631519A17E (resized).jpeg
3ED44F5B-6F58-4FF5-96D4-50201CCDEA98 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Went to check out a craigslist ad with a friend from a guy that is a 5 minute drive from my house. He has a high speed for sale. He’s not a Pinball guy at all. He originally had it listed at $1500 and after a few weeks it dropped to $1300 so we decided to go check it out.

The good:
game seems pretty complete
Cabinet is in decent shape
Back glass only has a few minor scratches
Flippers feel good

The bad:
Playfield is shot (and I mean SHOT!)
1 Cracked pop bumper apron
One cracked plastic that I noticed.

He said he’s had it for about 7 years. I’m positive he’s NEVER even had the glass off and they’re the original balls that came with it when he got it. Pretty dirty under there.

This guy pretty much just googled the game and listed at that price. No way it’s worth that. I told him outright he’s way high @ $1300

If we could get it at a fair price for the condition we could surely shine it up as best we can and just enjoy it for what it is. There is no saving the playfield unless maybe we could install one of the whole playfield protectors to keep the damage from getting any worse.

My question is given these few sample pix what is a price I can offer and not feel like I’m insulting this guy?

3ED44F5B-6F58-4FF5-96D4-50201CCDEA98 (resized).jpeg3ED44F5B-6F58-4FF5-96D4-50201CCDEA98 (resized).jpeg
2A8064FB-5E8A-4E97-93BD-85631519A17E (resized).jpeg2A8064FB-5E8A-4E97-93BD-85631519A17E (resized).jpeg
2C0D1DFD-BC48-4950-B245-30E3299E5399 (resized).jpeg2C0D1DFD-BC48-4950-B245-30E3299E5399 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

I would be in the $800-$900 range..... and check the ramp real good, they are always cracked.

#3 6 years ago

It’s been on cL for about a month now, I’m sure lots of people have seen it, and passed. That should tell you something.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

It’s been on cL for about a month now, I’m sure lots of people have seen it, and passed. That should tell you something.

I figured as much. Didn’t go into it with high hopes. Figured if I could get it at a decent price I could just clean it up and play it as is. My Metallica Premium is nice as hell so if I want high end I have it there.

The guy said someone offered him $1200. I told him if that offer is there to take it cause even me with my limited knowledge knows it’s nowhere near that number. Maybe I’ll hit him back and let him know when he’s ready to throw it on the curb to let me know and I’ll come give him $400 for it.

#5 6 years ago

Probably somewhere in the $700 range. The PF is pretty rough. If it were me, I'd pass unless you can get it at a steal. I don't mind a spot here or there but that much wear would haunt me lol.

#6 6 years ago

The game wasn’t for my house. A friend has followed me down the rabbit hole as I’ve started to finally be in a financial spot in life to start buying high end toys. He wants to buy a game. He makes good ass money, double what I do. I keep saying he should just buy a more recent game as the first buy and save the project game stuff till after he has something reliable to play. We took a long shot and went to look at this game. For the right price we’d grab it and make the best of it but even at the 800-900 point I’m out. That’s money out of the fund for my next new game (wife is dead set on GOTG, me not so much until the they address the terrible code)

Thanks for the input guys.

#7 6 years ago

Sounds like this deal isn't for you. I doubt he would sell for $400 so if he wants to hang onto it for a few years let him. He definitely should take someone's $1200 offer for it.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Sounds like this deal isn't for you. I doubt he would sell for $400 so if he wants to hang onto it for a few years let him. He definitely should take someone's $1200 offer for it.

That’s why I said he should take it from whoever offered him that money. He said no one had played it in almost 4 years. I don’t think he has any attachment to it and just wants the basement space back. A bit nicer condition and I would have been willing to work with him to get to a better number but understand the pics I posted are only some of it. He did have a nice air hockey table disassembled against the wall he said he’d sell for $50. It looked nice and practically new but I’m not in the market for air hockey. I’m trying to fill my game space up with pins. I hope the dude can get some money he can feel good about but that machine is pretty well toast. Maybe someone who just want it for parts will help him out. I don’t have the skill level to bring that thing back to being nice.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

The guy said someone offered him $1200. I told him if that offer is there to take it cause even me with my limited knowledge knows it’s nowhere near that number. Maybe I’ll hit him back and let him know when he’s ready to throw it on the curb to let me know and I’ll come give him $400 for it.

Haha 1200 for that he should take it and be very grateful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-input-on-high-speed?hl=jb-7x and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.