2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20211017_003935895 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm just looking to know what tool would be best used to remove those plastic screws that hold together certain plastics.

Thanks again,
    Scott

PXL_20211017_003935895 (resized).jpgPXL_20211017_003935895 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

I use needle nose pliers or tweezers.
    They’re awful!

#3 2 years ago

Push in plastic rivets. Once they deform like that, they can be a bugger.

https://www.essentracomponents.com/en-us/p/push-in-rivets-snap

#4 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Does it make sense to replace the plastic rivets if they deform? Also are pliers or tweezers really the best tools to use?

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from mscottson:

Does it make sense to replace the plastic rivets if they deform?

Yes. New snap rivets would look good too.

LTG : )

#6 2 years ago

hey mscottson what pin is that ? At first I thought it was Medieval Madness, then I thought it was The Adams Family... I know I've seen that somewhere ! It can't be an Elvira, can it ?

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from JadedHesher:

hey mscottson what pin is that ? At first I thought it was Medieval Madness, then I thought it was The Adams Family... I know I've seen that somewhere ! It can't be an Elvira, can it ?

Looks like Freddy to me.

#8 2 years ago

Ya it's a Freddy that I am trying to clean up and get the issues worked out hopefully before Halloween.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from mscottson:

Ya it's a Freddy that I am trying to clean up and get the issues worked out hopefully before Halloween.

It’s a Gottlieb Premier, the issues are never worked out!

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from mscottson:

Thanks for the replies. Does it make sense to replace the plastic rivets if they deform? Also are pliers or tweezers really the best tools to use?

One thing to remember - the 'deformation' is what holds the plastic rivets in place. Some will restore back their original shape when the pin is pulled back (or restore partway back to original shape), some are stuck that way permanently. For some of them that stay deformed, sometimes you need to resort to violence to get the old ones out.

Do you have hole diameter and overall length (excluding the push pin)? Would be nice to identify this down to a manufacturer part number.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-information-on-what-tool-to-remove-plastic-screws and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.