(Topic ID: 137271)

Looking for info/parts on this coin door

By Code_Blue

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0901151039.jpg
    0901151037.jpg
    0901151041.jpg
    0901151038.jpg
    Photo_Aug_28_3_06_17_PM.jpg
    Photo_Aug_28_3_06_10_PM.jpg
    Photo_Aug_28_3_06_02_PM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBillinFL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

The back of your door is somewhat similar to my 1975 Williams Little Chief door, but not exactly. I'm in the middle of cleaning/refurbishiing mine so this is a bit sketchy, but here are some pictures that may help.

The first is the coin mech itself. Each mech has a pair of pins as shown here at the bottom:
    0901151037.jpg0901151037.jpg

These will fit into the plate at the front side of your door as I try to indicate:
    0901151039.jpg0901151039.jpg

Each mech also has a retaining plate on the side opposite the pins:
    0901151038.jpg0901151038.jpg

This plate clips into the spring retainer clip just above the coin switch on your door:
    0901151041.jpg0901151041.jpg

Note that my game did not have any coin mechs when I got it; I picked them up on Ebay. When they arrived the pins I show were on the other side, which was a bit confusing for a while. Also, they did not have the plates; I ordered from one of the pin suppliers (I'd have to dig through my notes/receipts to figure out which).

So basically the pins locate the mech on the door, and the plate/spring locks it into place. Hopefully this helps some; I've been a lurker on here for a long time and this is my first attempt to give back for all I've learned!

#5 8 years ago

I checked back, and got my retainer plates from Marco Specialties. Here's a link to the part; I'm sure other suppliers probably carry them as well: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1A-4253

As to the other piece, I don't have a clue. Not sure what it's called, which seems to be the best way to find things.

Good Luck!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBillinFL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-infoparts-on-this-coin-door?tu=PinballBillinFL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.