SAM_2047 (resized).JPG
SAM_2048 (2) (resized).JPG
SAM_2048 (3) (resized).JPG
1f4ddb329bfec2355a7e794cc768c8a2a4d16f63 (resized).jpg
20170311_212005 (resized).jpg
SAM_2040 (resized).JPG
SAM_2041 (resized).JPG
20170410_205218 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Whats it doing? Did it work when before you moved it? Try reseating tbe connectors

#5 7 years ago

In the picture make sure the small board is plugged in and when it doesn't boot up press on the chip that says prom1 with your finger and see if it boots up while holding pressure with your finger on it.

20170410_205218 (resized).jpg20170410_205218 (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

I could fix it for you but couldn't come out, i have 5 gottlieb system80s at the house and work perfect, but everyone of them had some sort of problem that when i get one i go thru it top to bottom and bulletproof them so that they will stay working for a long time, they are good machines but had a few design flaws that probably worked fine when new but after 30 yrs they need some updating, how long have you had the Victory?

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from tbmi:

I did notice that on your picture you have the yellow ground strap going up in the head. In my game, there is a ground strap coming from the cabinet, but nothing going up. See pics.

In my pic its a different game, I have seen another pic of the same game you have and yours looks correct. Try plugging in the reset board (small board to the right of the mpu in your pic) and see if it will boot while pressing on the prom 1 chip.

#20 7 years ago

I never play my games with it plugged in but when you have a problem diagnosing a boot issue the reset board basicly does the same thing as the on off switch does without you having to keep turning it on and off provided the reset board still works, i have had the mpu lockup to where it seems like its still running fine but theres certain things that wont work to where it locks up and the only thing on is the gi lighting and no display. Once you know for sure that it is booting fine everytime you turn it on then you can figure out why it wont start a game. There is no freeplay unless you buy the new roms that someone has recently come out with, so when your sure it boots you have to make sure it has credits the right number of balls then if that doesnt work you need to put machine in switch test mode and check to see if the trough switches are registering, remove the apron and remove the balls then put in switch test mode then try adding the ball to the switch to see if it registers, if it does it will flash a number. Also check that tilt and slam switches are working right.

20170311_212005 (resized).jpg20170311_212005 (resized).jpg

#33 7 years ago

I would bet its the mpu not booting properly.

1 week later
#41 7 years ago

If you werent 3 hrs from me I would, hope someone close can help you out.

#45 6 years ago

http://www.pbresource.com/boards.html look for system 80 aux driver board, you need to make sure what one you have(look for part number on board) some are out of stock. but you can just leave it unplugged till you get one. can you get it to start a game?

1 week later
#50 6 years ago

So what ended up being wrong with the game?

#52 6 years ago

Ok, the guy was asking for help and people were trying to help him solve the problem, I saw it was marked (problem fixed) but no explanation, just figured if you tell everyone how you fixed it then you could possibly help someone else with the same symptoms.

Quoted from Underspin:I asked him this question through his Craigslist ad. This was the response:
"A couple of the edge style connectors were bent and there was a bad switch in the trough. Everything is now working including the service menu"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-in-home-repair-in-west-michigan?tu=crlush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.