(Topic ID: 88873)

Looking for ideas to simulate System 11 display in an LED "stock ticker"

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I want to put an LED strip behind the score windows in an EATPM translite so I can simulate scores or run a stock ticker like display in a font/color similar to the actual display.

Anyone done something like this and/or have recommendations on what I could use to do this?

#2 9 years ago

a programmable led display

#3 9 years ago

A cheap thrift store LCD display(s) and and old computer with the appropriate font? LCD could help light up the back of the translight as well if you coded something to display white (or an image there) and then overlay the scrolling text below. Assuming this is being done in a picture frame with an old translight and not just in a game?)

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

a programmable led display

Any idea on where I can get one less than 4" high?

#5 9 years ago

all I see that small are led programmable name badges but they're not very long. I think a bigger one would look cool on top of the head.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-ideas-to-simulate-system-11-display-in-an-led-stock-ticker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.