Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

I have a sword topper that I have setup for a LOTR, and I was wondering what the best way to hook it up to make it only come on when certain things are active, like a mode start light. I'm guessing I would run the led strip wires through the back of the head and connect it by banana clips to a lead and ground??

Does anyone on here sell led strips that would work for that? Looking for blue.
Thanks!

#2 6 months ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

I have a sword topper that I have setup for a LOTR, and I was wondering what the best way to hook it up to make it only come on when certain things are active, like a mode start light. I'm guessing I would run the led strip wires through the back of the head and connect it by banana clips to a lead and ground??
Does anyone on here sell led strips that would work for that? Looking for blue.
Thanks!

Do not attach it directly to controlled lamps or things will get screwed up. I do not recommend to use banana clips except for testing, use a more reliable method such as wire taps or soldering, clips can fall off and possibly short or damage your game.

You do not deserve an LOTR, and should give it to me.

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Do not attach it directly to controlled lamps or things will get screwed up. I do not recommend to use banana clips except for testing, use a more reliable method such as wire taps or soldering, clips can fall off and possibly short or damage your game.
You do not deserve an LOTR, and should give it to me.

Thanks for the reply! I will hook it to the GI instead. I'm not worthy!

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Thanks for the reply! I will hook it to the GI instead. I'm not worthy!

That is a bit easier and safer. If you want something jazzy, perhaps you can find LEDs that "do something"- but run off constant power. For my Maverick topper, I run a string of sockets off the GI with slow blink LED bulbs.

#5 6 months ago

naphtha and a match *rimshot*

#6 6 months ago

Best way to do it is with lyonsden's Pinduino in my opinion.

#7 6 months ago
Quoted from Tres:

Best way to do it is with lyonsden's Pinduino in my opinion.

y

I didn't even think of a pinduino, I have one in my x-men, and it is awesome! My original (or not original) idea was to have the sword only light when a mode or multiball started, so that the sword would glow blue like in the movie when orcs come around. I believe a pinduino would do that if I programmed it correctly, right?

#8 6 months ago

If the mode or multiball triggered a flasher or coil then yes, the Pinduino could absolutely do it.

#9 6 months ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

y
I didn't even think of a pinduino, I have one in my x-men, and it is awesome! My original (or not original) idea was to have the sword only light when a mode or multiball started, so that the sword would glow blue like in the movie when orcs come around. I believe a pinduino would do that if I programmed it correctly, right?

This is by far the best possible choice. The Pinduino is already voltage appropriate, and can be controlled from flashers, which will make it far more interactive. Good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 1,000.00
6,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Morgan Hill, CA
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
$ 11.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 41.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 39.50
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside