Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200803_192435 (resized).jpg
    Lennox (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Electrocute.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

Payne, Bryant, Carrier. Same manufacturer. They’re all good. Installed a Nest thermostat after replacing my unit and electric bill was almost cut in half.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from kuelman:

Whatever brand you go with make sure it is a matched system. I work in wholesale HVAC/R you would not believe how many contractors will sell you a high SEER unit with an unmatched coil. You buy a 18 SEER unit but the wrong coil is installed and you are only getting 14-15 SEER out of it. Huge waste of your money. If your old 3.5 ton unit was keeping your house comfortable there is no need to get a bigger unit. As far as brands go most of them are pretty good a good installation by a competent contractor is far more important. Most manufacturers do indeed use the same Copeland compressors including Trane.
    Get a few quotes from reputable contractors in your area. In the midwest area I would expect bids in the 7-11k area depending on the SEER rating of a matched condensing unit, coil and air handler or furnace.

They’ll do that when the right air handler won’t fit but the smaller one will. Saw that all the time at change outs.

#9 3 years ago

Condenser/air handler/line set/drain line. Usually a larger return when you’re increasing the seer. It’s not a complete change out if you reconnect to original line set.

2 months later
    #20 3 years ago

I’d ask about the warranty on the condenser coil, evaporator coil, compressor, txv, blower and condenser motor. EACH one. Also, those parts are expensive to replace even when they are under warranty. Extended warranties that include labor aren’t a bad idea but require a service agreement. Screwed either way. Lennox had a bad warranty on the condenser coil awhile back because they knew they were susceptible to springing a leak!

Make sure they replace the line set. Increase the size of the return if your going from R22 to R410a.

You should check out Hvac talk

1 week later
    #42 3 years ago

Good luck! Replace the line set, leaking or not. It’s part of the refrigerant cycle and important entire system is new.

#47 3 years ago

I wonder how often a heat pump goes into defrost mode in your area. Basically, goes back into cooling mode, taking the heat from inside your house to melt the ice on the condenser. Using the the auxiliary heat to compensate. Not efficient at all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Electrocute.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-hvac-replacement-help-advice-cause-it-s-getting-hot-in-her?tu=Electrocute and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.