Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TAF_RENDER_4.jpg
TAF_RENDER_3.jpg
TAF_RENDER.jpg
TAF small.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'm going to start the restoration on my TAF playfield soon. I need a high res scan to use to create decals for the spots worn down to wood. Thanks in advance!

#2 9 years ago

Which areas do you need? I have a HP 4600 scanner so I can scan those for you (if they are not also worn on my spare playfield).

#3 9 years ago

I appreciate it. There's a number of spots - The right power arrow and arrow next to that, the right inlane, ring around the bookcase, the chair kickout, Festers head.

Thanks.

#4 9 years ago

Will this help?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93602694/Untitled.jpg

It's a playfield scan that I used when helping to update the Visual Pinball table. It's a rather large file (39 megs) but below is a small (low res) version.

TAF small.jpgTAF small.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Exactly what I need. I'll try importing it into illustrator tonight. Thanks.

#6 9 years ago

Please continue to post your progress. I would enjoy watching how the decals turnout.

#7 9 years ago

I'll do that. It's going to take a bit to learn the graphics programs I think. I attempted to load the file into photoshop last night and mess around with it and I think I need a new computer because it slowed the machine down to a crawl.

#8 9 years ago

Chop the image up into smaller chunks that cover the areas you want to work on.

For instance, if you need fester just use the Marquee tool. Make a box around him and then layer via copy. Then take that layer and duplicate it to a new window. Now the file size will be MUCH smaller and should work on your computer. (this is for photoshop).

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Chop the image up into smaller chunks that cover the areas you want to work on.

For instance, if you need fester just use the Marquee tool. Make a box around him and then layer via copy. Then take that layer and duplicate it to a new window. Now the file size will be MUCH smaller and should work on your computer. (this is for photoshop).

So I created a new photoshop file and sized it at whatever the PF size is, I believe 20.5" x 46". I then dragged the file I downloaded from you onto the background layer. This pretty much locked up my computer while it was processing so I had to walk away. If I use the marquee tool and just crop the section I want like festers head, will it keep the size so when I print the decal it will be sized correctly? I'm just trying to focus on sizing at the moment and then once I get that down I want to move to vectoring and color adjustment etc.

#10 9 years ago

Yes, it will keep the sizing when you copy the portion you need. If you use the duplicate layer into a new window it will keep the sizing as well.

1 month later
#11 9 years ago

Awsome! thats just perfect man thanks so much.

#12 9 years ago

That works! Thank you so much.
TAF_RENDER.jpgTAF_RENDER.jpg
TAF_RENDER_3.jpgTAF_RENDER_3.jpg
TAF_RENDER_4.jpgTAF_RENDER_4.jpg

4 months later
#13 9 years ago

Does anyone have a copy of this? The link is dead

3 weeks later
#14 9 years ago

Here you go - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93602694/The%20Addams%20Family.jpg

I have a free drop box account so I have to clean it out sometimes due to space. If it's removed again and someone needs it please PM me and I'll load it up again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 180.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-high-res-taf-pf-scan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.