8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pushu
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pushu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have four em games that were damaged in a water break. I had a pipe break and water poured onto the machines for a day. There is no real physical damage (that I can tell). I did dry them out asap but The games won't start up properly.They do light up and go through some of the motions. My insurance company says to get someone to look at them and give an estimate on repairs. I told them that might be hard to do as you can't look at the game and say here is the damage and that it might be a quick fix or maybe not.
    I don't have a guy to give me an estimate or anyone that I use on occasion for repairs. Can anyone give me what might be the going rate for someone to travel to my location and look at the games? I'm not expecting anyone to actually do this... just to give me a direction on what someone might charge for this? Not sure where to turn with this? any help is most appreciated

#3 8 years ago

I live in upstate New York... about an hour due north of syracuse

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

$150 or so for the house call, and then $100 or so per hour to fix. just give them the amount for the replacement value and see what they say

I suggested that but the adjuster wants an estimate. I looked on Mr Pinball auctions but couldn't find the exact machines listed.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Strohz:

Sorry to hear about your machines. You could also try the Boston Pinball guide and see if your machines are listed there. It's based on past Ebay sales:
    http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay112315.htm

thanks for the link.... I did find my machines listed there

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pushu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-help-with-insurance-quote-for-damaged-games?tu=pushu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.