U13 behaviour seems to work fine and passes when U8 contains #0 (resized).png
analysis of original 5101s (resized).png
MPU200_5101_test_waveformsB.png
U8 and U13 not reading out what was written in (resized).jpg
clock signals (resized).jpg
U17 (resized).jpg
MPU_Sockets 004a.jpg
20220902_162744 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 1 year ago

Where did you get the 5101 chips from? If you flip the chips over do the markings in the plastic look the same? There are lots of fakes and remarked 5101 chips out there. Some are 5101 chips but slower speed chips that may only work reliably in an MPU-100 or Bally board. I’ve also heard that some are 2101 chips or just dead.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

The ones pictured on the MPU board in the fifth post look original, I've bought heaps from China that look the same with no issues. I also have a box full of Chinese remarks that look very different with a high failure rate.
First picture of real ones with white markings, second picture of units from my fake box with enscribed/brown markings.

Any that are laser etched are going to be remarked chips or fakes. May or may not work. I seem to recall getting a batch that did have printed white markings but they were off a bit and ended up being earlier remarked chips. Often that will wear off much easier than the original printing.

From the pictures posted they look like they should be real chips but you never know. There are so many fakes floating around that every chip has to be tested. Can no longer assume a supposedly new chips is good. If they were ordered off ebay from China or from Aliexpress then the likelyhood of fakes goes up a bit.

I just ran into a batch of 20 fake 6802 chips from ebay (all dead) that I had to open a case on.

The memory chips the original poster has may be ok but I had to raise the issue since it is coming up more often and if those were fakes then possibly chasing a board issue that is actually ok.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from wild_pins:

They were bought to a respectable dutch site flippersloop.nl.. Does this means I need to conclude all my chips are broken and I need to reorder them?

They are probably ok then. But had to mention it was a possibility.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 125.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-help-on-third-flash-on-mpu-200?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.