I was hoping someone may be able to help.
I’ve got issues with getting a third flash on my F2K’s MPU-200 (faulty U8 or U13, the 5101’s).
I did the following things already:
- Removed battery and replaced it with 3xAA and a Diode
- Removed corrosion
- Replaced some components in reset circuitry with visible corrosion damage. Measured Q5 and Q1 via diode check
- Replaced U8 IC socket
- Replaced both 5101 chips with new ones (U8 and U13)
- Confirmed all continuity for U8 and U13 using continuity chart - Repaired traces where continuity was lacking (U8-1 > U13-1, U8-22 > U13-22, C13-Left > U8-22)
- Tested U14 on the board with a diode tester (+ to GND, - to pins) and they all read between +- 0.5 to 1.2)
- Tested with a known good voltage (atx power supply +12V and +5V) -> get 1 flicker, then two flashes.
- Tried booting with and without batteries in battery pack, always flicker & 2 flashes.
I’m reaching the end of the online documentation at this point Any pointers or direction can help!