• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
nbafb-hexpost (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

There are three 6+ inch grooved hex posts that hold up the shot clock in NBAFB. I've included a picture of one and you can see the threads at the bottom are bent. The bend gets exaggerated due to how long the post is and it both looks lame and causes a ball trap behind the shot clock.

Firstly I've searched every major US/EU pinball parts dealer and cannot find this part, if anyone can share a source for them that would be great.

Secondly I'm seeking opinions on whether I should just bend the post threads or not. I'm worried it will just weaken the metal and eventually break off causing even more problems. Better to have a bent post then no post at all.

My final plan if all else fails is to build a frankenpost out of various other posts and spacers. This isn't ideal because although the vertical angle will be correct it will look like a frankenpost.

Thanks for any input!

nbafb-hexpost (resized).jpgnbafb-hexpost (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

I think if you get a hex spacer to length then put these on either end it might be your best bet. Is that grove Omar the bottom for a rubber?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-5296-6

#3 5 years ago

Yeah the groove on the bottom is for a rubber.

#5 5 years ago

Okay well I think you can pull this off then with a stand hex spacer from Marco with those male to males on each end of it if you cannot find the actual part. I’d get a few different sizes around the 6” mark. I don’t think you need that grove to put a rubber there.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay well I think you can pull this off then with a stand hex spacer from Marco with those male to males on each end of it if you cannot find the actual part. I’d get a few different sizes around the 6” mark. I don’t think you need that grove to put a rubber there.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I've branched out to the Aussie parts shops but still nada... The original is probably unobtanium.

#7 5 years ago

Or just make the groove yourself on the grinder

#8 5 years ago

How many do you need?
I have 3

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

How many do you need?
I have 3

pm sent

1 year later
#10 4 years ago

Hi all, resurrecting this topic as I'm also looking for one of these posts (machine has two, works fine but I'd like to fix).

Let me know if anyone has a spare, I'm in the UK but can probably get a US friend to store for me if sending airmail is a big hassle / stupidly expensive).

Happy to pay or maybe trade some other NBAFB bits - thanks in advance!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
PinSound

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-giant-hex-post-for-nbafb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.