IMG_1204_(resized).jpg
image.jpg
tftc_chair.jpg
tftc_chair1.jpg
tftc_chair2.jpg
tftc_chair3.jpg
20150716_212631.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I am looking to purchase a 'Frank Miller Electric Chair Mod' for my TFTC. I saw a photo of one installed in a TFTC that is for sale and would love to have one for my TFTC.

Any leads are appreciated.

Thanks.

Gord

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Here you go, only 2 left
amazon.com link »

Thanks

#4 8 years ago

It's a really cool mod that fits very well with the theme. It was a lot more work than I suspected. Used my dremel with a cut off wheel to do the majority of the work to cut the chair down. And then I used a exacto knife to remove his neck and mounted a Flasher. I then glued his neck and head together a wired him into the flasher.

20150716_212631.jpg20150716_212631.jpg

#5 8 years ago

I really appreciate the lead for the Frank Miller Electric Chair action figure from EBAY, but what I am really looking for is someone who has converted this figure into a mod for TFTC which needs to include the following:

1. Mounting Method via bracket or some other means
2. LED mounted in the action figure which flashes during the appropriate mode (I assume that would be the electric chair mode)
3. A method to power the mod from an existing power source within the TFTC pin
4. A set of detailed instructions for how to install this mod
5. The mod should be reversible to bring the TFTC back to 100 percent stock if so desired

I realize that this will make the mod more expensive and I will pay accordingly. If anyone has a Frank Miller Electric Chair Mod that meets the above criteria that they are willing to part with or would like to make one for me let me know and I will procure the base action figure.

You may PM me if interested and we can work out the details.

Thanks for your interest.

Gord

#6 8 years ago

If you need to buy the base action figure, I might have one for sale. Pm me if you need to go down that road.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

If you need to buy the base action figure, I might have one for sale. Pm me if you need to go down that road.

Thanks for the offer. If I get someone willing to fully craft this mod for me I may take you up on your offer.

Gord

#8 8 years ago

You just have to cut chair and sides of leg down to make him fit. One hole drilled for gi lighting tapped into sorce under playfield, then use the other to tap skull area. Be carefull with 12volts with leds unless you added proper resistor. Takes some time but not too difficult to do

#9 8 years ago

Never knew of this mod, Thanks! Now, is there a link on how to do the mod anywhere if the OP or anyone else wanted to attempt it?

#10 8 years ago

I have one already cut down and ready to go. I can add a flasher to if you want

#11 8 years ago

Hi Modfather,

PM sent.

Gord

#13 8 years ago

Still looking for someone to create this Marv electric chair mod.

1. Mounting Method via bracket or some other means
2. LED mounted in/under/behind the action figure which flashes during the appropriate mode (I assume that would be the electric chair mode) or connected to pop bumpers is also fine
3. A method to power the mod from an existing power source within the TFTC pin
4. A set of detailed instructions for how to install this mod
5. The mod should be reversible to bring the TFTC back to 100 percent stock if so desired

I realize that this will make the mod more expensive and I will pay accordingly. If anyone has a Frank Miller Electric Chair Mod that meets the above criteria that they are willing to part with or would like to make one for me let me know and I will procure the base action figure.

You may PM me if interested and we can work out the details.

Thanks for your interest.

Gord

#14 8 years ago

Bump, still looking.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 8 years ago

I would buy one also.

#16 8 years ago

Hi Modfather,

Thanks for completing this mod for me as I really appreciate it.

Gord

1 week later
#17 8 years ago

I am making another one for a pinsider......see above ^^^^

#18 8 years ago

Can't wait!

#19 8 years ago

Id love to buy one as well if you are still able to make these.....Really Awesome!!

#20 8 years ago

Here are some pics of the latest TFTC electric chair mod. The toy has to be disassembled , then grinded down to make him fit. The factory color is all grey and pretty flat looking. Custom painting all the features really make the details pop nicely. A bright Led flasher is mounted behind his back on the chair. A wiring harness and instructions are included as well. PM me for any other details.

tftc chair3.jpgtftc chair3.jpgtftc chair2.jpgtftc chair2.jpgtftc chair1.jpgtftc chair1.jpgtftc chair.jpgtftc chair.jpg

#21 8 years ago

Man that looks sweet! Can't wait to install this!

#22 8 years ago

Installed thank you Modfather!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#23 8 years ago

Very cool, thx for posting the installed pic. I have a few more available if anyone else is interested.

4 weeks later
#24 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Very cool, thx for posting the installed pic. I have a few more available if anyone else is interested.

I just ordered one. This mod looks awesome. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#25 8 years ago

Done and in...looks super cool...tried to look at the other pic above....mine looks like it is leaning too much...is he in right?

IMG_1204_(resized).jpgIMG_1204_(resized).jpg

#26 8 years ago

Leaning to much for my liking. I had to grind down the bottom back of the chair a good 1/2 inch on an angle to make it fit better. Good luck.

#27 8 years ago

Just a thought, wouldn't this be an awesome replacement for Sparky on Metallica?

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

Just a thought, wouldn't this be an awesome replacement for Sparky on Metallica?

no, it's too small

#29 8 years ago

Good to know. Will adjust it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 18.95
$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-frank-miller-electric-chair-mod-for-tftc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.