Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220718_172834 (resized).jpg
20220718_172847 (resized).jpg
20220718_175800 (resized).jpg
193504-i (resized).jpg
193504 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Has any made any overlays for embryon. My center is pretty bad. Down to the bare wood and its been colored with a marker. Could also use one for circle next to the upper drops as well. I figured this is the only option as I don't see a hardtop or a new playfield any time soon.

#2 2 years ago

You and everyone else……there is another thread addressing this.

I’ve mentioned before and I’ll mention again that I have a print out of the artwork from years ago regarding the upper bonus area. There has to be someone who could recreate for those who have worn artwork. Maybe we’ll see a hardtop someday or a reproduction.

#3 2 years ago

Saw a post from a few years back. I really don't have a way to print an overlay. I was hoping maybe someone else was producing them by now.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Maybe we’ll see a hardtop someday or a reproduction.

Would be content with a hardtop for my machine. Let's get that ball rolling on this!
-Mike

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Maybe we’ll see a hardtop

I can see this happening as it will not require a 3rd party license and the Future Spa, widebody, has already been released. They just need a nice playfield to copy the art, holes, etc.

#6 2 years ago

No sure if either of these will help? Hopefully so.

193504 (resized).jpg193504 (resized).jpg193504-i (resized).jpg193504-i (resized).jpg
#7 2 years ago

That's one I need. No printer though.

#8 2 years ago

I have a project embryon with the typical wear at center and the upper right drops. Although wear in this case is right down to bare wood.

Hoping that a hardtop is in the works, but small overlays would be a good temporary fix.

1 week later
#9 2 years ago

That’s what I have. Someone who could produce that artwork I’m sure could sell enough to make it worth while. I don’t have the knowledge or equipment to produce. I’m guessing Planetary owns the rights. They would want their cut.

4 months later
#10 1 year ago

I am working on this.
If you have good images of the playfield, please PM me. Right now I am working on all text.

#11 1 year ago

I would be in for an overlay once you get them done.

#12 1 year ago

I think mine are the same as posted above by jardine. I’ll post regardless.

1 month later
#13 1 year ago

I´m looking a playfield project for to restore, like this. I'm currently working in restoration in all Embryon Aprons (and others, like Theatre of Magic) here (you will see comparative samples of how accuracy is my work):

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=62590683#entry458809732

I'm the best artworker in arcade and pinball hobbies that I know.

I´m currently working in "Attack From Mars Pinball Decals" (BALLY) and "Pinball Magic Decals" (CAPCOM) too.

Best regards

Mikonos (Zona Arcade's Webmaster)

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I´m looking a playfield project for to restore, like this. I'm currently working in restoration in all Embryon Aprons (and others, like Theatre of Magic) here (you will see comparative samples of how accuracy is my work):
https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=62590683#entry458809732
I'm the best artworker in arcade and pinball hobbies that I know.
I´m currently working in "Attack From Mars Pinball Decals" (BALLY) and "Pinball Magic Decals" (CAPCOM) too.
Best regards
Mikonos (Zona Arcade's Webmaster)

Looks like very nice work. Tell me more about the aprons. Is it a full decal, are you reproducing the whole apron? When will it be ready for sale?
Thanks

#15 1 year ago

I am still looking for an overlay if they are done. Anything is better the my playfield.

#16 1 year ago

Hi Ballypalooza!

I studied how to reproduce Embryon Aprons and I found a solution some weeks ago. The difficult with this printed work is original metallic apron piece, it has a grey metallic color that it should not be hidden. Solution is to use white ink with a transparent vinyl and a precut. With transparent vinyl it is possible to show all black letters and other details over grey metallic apron piece. For to avoid that blue color become in metallic blue color, I will use this white ink like color bed for blue color.

I will show precut vector line in some days. I will show Embryon Shooter Apron first, it is finished.

Cheers!

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I am still looking for an overlay if they are done. Anything is better the my playfield.

Hold out for a Outside Edge Hardtop.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Jon9508, can you show me your playfield? If there are not so big missing zones, I can restore it without problem! I will need you scan it. I have a lot of experience restoring playfields and other pieces, my work is so accuracy, like I told you.

Example: The Addams Family Playfield restored by me (you can check all process along my thread and printing result):

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=59590569&st=30#entry453141054

In this case, I imagined some printing solutions for die cut process, like to add pine wood textures (not visible) to some weak parts because future die cut. In other cases, it is not necessary, like in my Fun House Playfield restoration.

This kind of printing can be done with silkscreen technique, of course!, and they are not necessary die cut vectors and extra designing for to reinforce some zones because die cut; in exchange, it is more expensive and it is needed to clean and send pine wood playfield to printer.

I saw that this kind of printing cost is around $350-$750. I ordered to print some artworks in this way, but they were arcade artwork files.

Cheers!

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Jon9508, can you show me your playfield? If there are not so big missing zones, I can restore it without problem! I will need you scan it. I have a lot of experience restoring playfields and other pieces, my work is so accuracy, like I told you.
Example: The Addams Family Playfield restored by me (you can check all process along my thread and printing result):
https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=59590569&st=30#entry453141054
In this case, I imagined some printing solutions for die cut process, like to add pine wood textures (not visible) to some weak parts because future die cut. In other cases, it is not necessary, like in my Fun House Playfield restoration.
This kind of printing can be done with silkscreen technique, of course!, and they are not necessary die cut vectors and extra designing for to reinforce some zones because die cut; in exchange, it is more expensive and it is needed to clean and send pine wood playfield to printer.
I saw that this kind of printing cost is around $350-$750. I ordered to print some artworks in this way, but they were arcade artwork files.
Cheers!

It's bad. Really bad. Here's a pic of the middle. Supposed to be a women in the red zone.

20220718_172834 (resized).jpg20220718_172834 (resized).jpg20220718_172847 (resized).jpg20220718_172847 (resized).jpg20220718_175800 (resized).jpg20220718_175800 (resized).jpg
#20 1 year ago

Looks good enough to me to ride it out until a Hardtop is released.

#21 1 year ago

I don't think there is a plan to do a hardtop for this game.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I don't think there is a plan to do a hardtop for this game.

Your Playfield looks better than most others. Keep the Playfield waxed and the amount of low plays for home use it will get in 3 years, there will be very minimal wear from what you have now.

Future Spa was released. Both games are non-licensed themes that do not need approval beyond what is needed thru PPS.

Only takes one person for Outside Edge to work with, who is willing to send in their good Playfield to get scanned.

#23 1 year ago

I would assume embryon gets done at some point. Not a high production game, but it seems embryon is much more collectible than future spa.

Plus it seems like the majority of the games out there have significant wear issues in the center and upper right. A large % of owners would be in for replacement playfields or hardtop.

#24 1 year ago

So if you go with a full playfield overlay, you will need to know certain overlay materials stretch as you screw down posts and other Playfield parts.

So to minimize that you would need to clearcoat over the overlay. Installing a Playfield protector over an overlay will not help with the stretching since it will lay on top and it is not secured down to the playfield.

#25 1 year ago

Hi Jon9508!

I can restore it, but I will only need an extra scan of embryon character or a good photo for to see all tiny lines for to do a perfect work. I can start to work with your playfield and wait for this extra material. I like challenges!

Can you scan your playfield at 300 dpi (600 dip better) in one or several files and save in "tif or "png" format"? Example:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=61651502#entry444089046

If you can not do it by yourself, there must be several shops that can scan your playfield in your city.

Other option is to send me this playfield, but I'm in Europe. The good thing is that I have a scan machine for to do this work and I can do a color match by myself.

Cheers!

#26 1 year ago

Well, I just released "Embryon Pinball Shooter Apron". I started to work in die cut (vector) and white layer. I will try to do an elegant and minimum transparent layout for the main apron. Shooter apron doesn't need a transparent layout, only a white layer.

"Embryon Pinball Shooter Apron" here:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=62590683#entry458874502

Cheers!

1 week later
#27 1 year ago

I finished with design of precut (die cut vector). I think it is minimum and smart, but I'm thinking that, besides it is minimum and transparent, it will change, through it, the appearance of gray metallic paint of the main metallic apron piece. Maybe I can try a conventional die cut vector surrounding the apron card spaces, like in my other apron sticker restorations. It will give a more homogeneous appearance to the metallic apron piece. What do you think?

Visual explanation here:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=62590683#entry458950200

Cheers!

2 weeks later
#28 1 year ago

I redesigned die cut vector, like option two. I chose this option to repro it:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=62590683#entry459089561

Cheers!

1 month later
#29 1 year ago

I have printed results, aprons are perfect!

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=62590683#entry459407239

Cheers!

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I have printed results, aprons are perfect!

Nice,
How about making use of the spare material for coin door slot decal covers that say "Embryon" and/or "Freeplay", or some other useful item on the game?

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

Nice,
How about making use of the spare material for coin door slot decal covers that say "Embryon" and/or "Freeplay", or some other useful item on the game?

Hi Quench!

In this case I would use transparent acetate or adhesive transparent acetate, in this last case, printed in reversal way. It is so easy to customize those coin slots.

Give me measures of the decal.

Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-embryon-overlays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.