You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

28CD86EB-5FD0-4543-A561-C6A6B92C6DEC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello again everyone. I just got home with Gottlieb's Gold Strike. I've looked around and can't find a free service manual or schematic and I'm wondering if anyone has a source. I've seen one or the other available for sale but figured I'd try here first.

Thanks! John

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Gottlieb materials are still covered by copyright. You can buy manuals/schematics from PBR: http://www.pbresource.com/

#3 4 years ago

Ahh that makes sense. Well, fortunately I found the schematic and some paperwork in the cabinet.

#4 4 years ago

Really nice pickup! I grabbed one in Milwaukee 5-6 years ago for $400. Never leaving my collection!

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Really nice pickup!

I have the 4 player Target Alpha-great game!!

#6 4 years ago

Drop target heaven!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Really nice pickup! I grabbed one in Milwaukee 5-6 years ago for $400. Never leaving my collection!

Nice! I got this one in Madison for $60. It even seems to work...kinda.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8 4 years ago

I hope you didn't move it very far with the head attached like that? That typically results in a lot of shaking and vibration of the head.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

I hope you didn't move it very far with the head attached like that? That typically results in a lot of shaking and vibration of the head.

Madison, WI to Rockford, IL. It seems to be fine. No keys to get in the back. No choice. Thanks for the concern though.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from johnboy1313:

Madison, WI to Rockford, IL. It seems to be fine. No keys to get in the back. No choice. Thanks for the concern though.

For future reference popping off the back door of an EM is almost comically easy. Any average flathead screwdriver would have that back door off in about 10 seconds.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For future reference popping off the back door of an EM is almost comically easy. Any average flathead screwdriver would have that back door off in about 10 seconds.

Yeah, that's about how long it took once I got it home and got a look at it. Thanks.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from johnboy1313:

[quoted image]

$60?!?

#13 4 years ago

Yeah, she said she'd take $50 but I only had 20 dollar bills.

#14 4 years ago

The holes in your coin door and shooter rod trim plate look strangely similar to mine. You don’t suppose that they were owned by the same hillbilly at one time? BTW, how did you ever find a $50 Gold Strike? I hate you (not really, just jealous.)

28CD86EB-5FD0-4543-A561-C6A6B92C6DEC (resized).jpeg28CD86EB-5FD0-4543-A561-C6A6B92C6DEC (resized).jpeg
#15 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

The holes in your coin door and shooter rod trim plate look strangely similar to mine. You don’t suppose that they were owned by the same hillbilly at one time?

Judging by the pieces of coin door lock that I found inside, it looks like someone pried the coin door open at one point. Someone probably had a padlock on it like in your picture. It does look suspiciously similar. I thought the picture in your post above was my picture until I looked closer. I see that you are in WI. It's very possible they came from the same place.

Quoted from jasonspoint28:

BTW, how did you ever find a $50 Gold Strike? I hate you (not really, just jealous.)

I happened upon a facebook marketplace ad that had been posted 3 minutes prior to me seeing it. I was the first one to respond. They had been paid to clean out a property and got to keep anything of value from the haul. They were certainly young enough (maybe early to mid thirties) to know how to use the internet to appropriately price the machine. When I went to look at it, it was locked up tight and was missing a few play field inserts. When I got it home and opened it up, I found the missing inserts. Had I known the machine was complete and working, I might have just given them the $100 that they were asking. She even helped me load it into my van as I couldn't pin down a friend to make the drive with me.

I suspect I will hold onto it for a little while at least. I am really enjoying working on these but I only have enough room for one working machine and one project at the same time. Personally, I think I enjoy working on them as much as playing them (maybe more).

#16 4 years ago

It's in better hands at least! If you keep one EM, this one is it. AAB makes it more fun than El Dorado for the home collection.

#17 4 years ago

Looks like I’ll have to check FB marketplace every 2 minutes from now on. But seriously, nice find!

1 week later
#18 4 years ago
Quoted from johnboy1313:

[quoted image]

You stole it! Nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Venice, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-documentation-regarding-gottlieb-s-gold-strike?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.