Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

37571970_1466795613422581_2002924965896126464_n (resized).jpg
    37550573_1466801673421975_1001364890553679872_n (resized).jpg
    5D74C9B1-8DCA-416D-BE31-13EFD4E46112 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0286 (resized).JPG
    download (resized).jpg
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Not sure what pin, but I'm looking for a single CQ, unique and gorgeous pin. Titles I'd consider include most A-list games, HEP or Bryan Kelly restorations, NGG, BBB, P3. As goes P3, I'd probably be interested in talking to an early adopter who wants out, as I'm interested, but not enough to pay for each game separately. I'd even consider classics like super-restored examples of EBD. Let the offers pour in!

#2 5 years ago

Dude you should build something 1-off a show stopper! I hot-rod pins and still haven't built the "great one" yet!

#3 5 years ago

Bacardi!

#4 5 years ago

Nothing could possibly compete with this imamaculate Baywatch. No true collection is complete without this one of a kind pin

5D74C9B1-8DCA-416D-BE31-13EFD4E46112 (resized).jpeg5D74C9B1-8DCA-416D-BE31-13EFD4E46112 (resized).jpeg
    #5 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Not sure what pin, but I'm looking for a single CQ, unique and gorgeous pin. Titles I'd consider include most A-list games, HEP or Bryan Kelly restorations, NGG, BBB, P3. As goes P3, I'd probably be interested in talking to an early adopter who wants out, as I'm interested, but not enough to pay for each game separately. I'd even consider classics like super-restored examples of EBD. Let the offers pour in!

I will sell you my WOOLY. Asking price is 51k.

I know that seems crazy but in a world where pins of quantities a log scale higher in production are quickly selling for 20k+ and non-working MGs are selling for crazy money, I think it seems reasonable given the nature of the game and the way the high end collectible pinball market works combined with the rarity and how awesome the game is.

#6 5 years ago

^^^ I want that game it's been in my cross-hairs for a while now, shark flipper, super big DMD and things bouncing on the beach! lol

#7 5 years ago

You could go after the #GAP black and white TZ but I suspect he won’t sell but money can persuade most clouded judgments. Lol. It’s hard to raise the bar on such an amazing collection.

#8 5 years ago

Seems like you have, or have had most of the A list pins and rare pins in your line up at one time or another. Except for maybe King Pin which is supposedly getting remade. And I don’t see a Williams IJ in your past or current line up. A nice IJ has always been on my wish list.

#9 5 years ago

Maybe you should just buy one LB. of gold. Would be about $19,584.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I know that seems crazy but in a world where pins of quantities a log scale higher in production are quickly selling for 20k+ and non-working MGs are selling for crazy money, I think it seems reasonable given the nature of the game and the way the high end collectible pinball market works combined with the rarity and how awesome the game is.

I was unaware you actually had one.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

I was unaware you actually had one.

Yes, 1 of 4? of the creators edition.

I believe there are 6 of them in total (2 original builds and 4 proof of concept games "the creators edition" assembled over one of the best weeks of hard work ever!)

#12 5 years ago

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a WOOLY.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Pffffffttt. You are insane.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Pffffffttt. You are insane.

Like PinLawyer I have no desire to sell, but at 51k I personally am not in a position to turn that down.

I have a standing offer over 30k for reference, but that is not enough to even consider not having a WOOLY in my life. Current code and colorDMD are great in the game.

#15 5 years ago

Ever thought about tracking down a Captain Nemo?

#16 5 years ago

Personally, if I had the money to spend, I would pick a game that has game play that you find compelling and pay a custom artist like Dirty Donny, Zombie Yeti, or Brian Holderman to create a one off art package with a theme that is your own.

I work in custom one off fabrication and can attest that my clients find the journey of inspiration, following along during the fabrication process, and telling the story as they show off their creation to their friends, to be one of the most rewarding experiences.

Why pursue a holy grail that others can also possess? Build your own!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Ever thought about tracking down a Captain Nemo?

Have you played one? I was a little let down.

If it were me I’d be looking for one of the Matrix’s

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Have you played one? I was a little let down.

I haven’t, but it’s on my list. It just strikes me as a game that would really stand out in a crowd of other high end titles.

#19 5 years ago

You should try tracking down a king Kong.

#20 5 years ago

King Kong is not a player. I love to play more than anything else, so a showpiece that isn't fun to play won't work for me.

#21 5 years ago

I like the idea of making/commissioning your own custom game. Something like Kill Bill.

#22 5 years ago

Most of these rare/grail games suck to play, I didn’t think that was the point of owning one. BBB is the best of the lot.

If you want to spend coin on a rare game that’s actually fun and isn’t gonna cost ridiculous money track down a Stargazer or Banzai Run or something of that ilk.

No “player” is ever gonna have a use for a lebowski, Kong, Alien etc.

#23 5 years ago

Not sure how some of these are to play, but maybe a Game Plan game? Andromeda, Cyclopes, Agents 777, Attila the Hun, Global Warfare. I have a Cyclopes and it's a lot of fun to play, unless you don't like drop targets, stand-up targets, spinners and captive balls.

#24 5 years ago

How bout some Crown Royal instead?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #25 5 years ago

I've had three Banzais. Fun for a while. Stargazer is absolutely on my radar, but I have a source already for that title. TBL is a "player." It doesn't play like a game that's "rare for a reason."

I've played Cyclopes and Andromeda. I like them both, but Andromeda would get my attention quicker. Agents 777 is silly to me. Global Warfare would be cool.

#26 5 years ago

Without question - Stargazer and Quicksilver.

Good luck trying to find those 2!!!!

Oh, and may be Big Game for something real different and that is rare and a tough player - so I hear as never had opportunity to play one.

#27 5 years ago

I have a Big Game; it's next in line for restoration.

#28 5 years ago

A production run Thunderbirds.

Harder to get your hands on one than the 19 (at last count) prototypes.

#29 5 years ago

For ultimate exclusivity and excellent gameplay (so I hear), Supreme!

#30 5 years ago

If I were you, I would take the classic B/W game that you like the most (WH20 or TZ based on your ratings?) and go have HEP or or Brian Kelly or GAP (black & white TZ?) or some other badass restorer make me the nicest one possibly created. You know they aren't going to remake those titles, and you also know that you love to play them. Drop $10K on a WH20 or $15K on a TZ that won't ever be replicated. The other grail stuff isn't going to be fun to play. Save the money and buy a Kingpin remake with the remainder.

#31 5 years ago

If you want to try something different.....

Marble Queen 1953.

Very hard to find in nice condition.

Superb player, multiple ways to win.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have a Big Game; it's next in line for restoration.

Split Second?

#33 5 years ago

Had Split Second in beat-to-hell shape, but it played. Sound was odd and gameplay seemed to suffer due to easily maxed bonus and nothing to do thereafter.

#34 5 years ago

I must have something around here I'd sell you for $21,000, Greg.

#36 5 years ago

I gotta be honest, in your wheel house I would go try and import a few rare oddballs from overseas.

Bring in 3-4 of them at once to save on shipping and then sell the ones you dont like to make back some cash.

Being a rare dude myself, it is something I have though about but dont currently have as much expendable income as you do.

#37 5 years ago

Yeah for $21 k shouldnt be a “funds” issue!

#38 5 years ago

A fully properly restored NGG with a ColorDMD and LED's gets my vote, that sounds awesome.

#39 5 years ago

If money's no object, I'd go all out and treat myself to a Supreme!

#40 5 years ago

I don't have room for 3 or 4 pins.

#41 5 years ago

I noticed you've never owned a Theatre of Magic or Tales of the Arabian nights - those are spectacular titles from the 90s. I happen to know of a CQ HUO ToM for sale right now.

If you are looking to pick up something super rare and fun to play - find a Mystery Castle.

#42 5 years ago

Is the TOM stock? I kind of like 'em pimped. lol

#43 5 years ago

I was going to recommend Alien, but saw you already had one.

#44 5 years ago

A brassed, cleared, super duper nice TOTAN is about as pretty a piece of art that exists in the entire world, IMO.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

A brassed, cleared, super duper nice TOTAN is about as pretty a piece of art that exists in the entire world, IMO.

Perhaps. But I get the feeling the OP actually likes games that are fun to play.

#46 5 years ago

I think I just became your new best friend.....LOL.

John

IMG_0286 (resized).JPGIMG_0286 (resized).JPG
    #47 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps. But I get the feeling the OP actually likes games that are fun to play.

Well, then we can rule out JJP games and almost all the rare stuff.

#48 5 years ago

How about a Chestnut crazily chromed-out CC (I mean, like who chromes the lid to a coin box?) with a NOS pf cleared by chris hutchens, a ton of NOS parts and a gorgeous cabinet?

Or, a TAF in a gorgeous clearcoated cabinet (believe it to be a repro) that got a full black-nickel Chestnut armor treatment (yes, back when he could do side rails and legs) that's also rebuilt with a cleared NOS pf, a ton of NOS parts, etc?

My youngest starts college next month so let's say I'm feeling a little insolvent right about now.

#49 5 years ago

How about Goin Nuts?

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Is the TOM stock? I kind of like 'em pimped. lol

Just curios, why is your ToM rating so low?

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-crown-jewel-to-replace-tbl/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.