3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by keith20mm
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0388R (resized).jpg
    IMG_0385R (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.54.56 PM (resized).png
    Wire (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

All:

Looking for options for crimpers. Really surprised how expensive some of these crimpers are. Of course I bought a pair on Amazon and they aren't working. Get what I paid for???!!!

Anyway, any options would be appreciated...

Dave

#2 3 years ago

The Pinball Resource: look for the "Tool and Supplies" link on the left.
    Molex "F" Crimpers
    Part # MOL-WHT- 1921
    $22.
    They work perfect

Wire (resized).jpgWire (resized).jpg
    #4 3 years ago

To be clear on this. Here are the connectors I ordered from Great Plains...

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.54.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.54.56 PM (resized).png
    #5 3 years ago

i second what cheddar posted. I use them for those .093 connectors all the time.

#6 3 years ago

If I am just doing one or two crimps or special cases like two wires into one crimp I always reach for the 1026-CT / BCT-1. I have had it for probably 10 years and its held up well.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=1026-CT

If I need to do a lot of crimps the ratcheting ones like the amazon link is easier on the hands but I feel like I have less flexibility with it.

#7 3 years ago

ebay.com link: 4 in 1 Self Adjustable Wire Crimper Pliers Ratcheting Terminal Crimping Tool Set

This kit has 4 jaw sets, for open barrel Molex, insulated lugs, non-insulated lugs, and ringlet connectors. Included is a nice stripper, and a tool to remove/replace the jaw screws, plus jaw ID card for crimp type, plus a nice nylon zip bag to secure all parts.

Very pleased with it.

The blue grip set, and red stripper are virtually same tools, the red stripper was from Radio Shack years back, and works exactly like the new yellow unit. Both work great.

Blue grip crimper goes by the name "SN-28B Pin 2.54mm 3.96mm 18-28AWG Crimp Plier Tool Crimper JST Molex for Dupont"
    IMG_0385R (resized).jpgIMG_0385R (resized).jpgIMG_0388R (resized).jpgIMG_0388R (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-crimpers-for-molex-connectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.