(Topic ID: 196973)

Looking for correct part # for Banzia Run side rails.

By codered9394

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by codered9394
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

134 (resized).JPG
b74fab8fd9a9b89ae9663a116750897fb29c5d1e (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Looking for a part # for side rails for my Banzia Run. Thanks for any help.

#2 1 year ago

No side rail numbers in the manual. Trying to order a set to have powder coated before I remove the ones on the machine. If someone can give me a part that will work I thank you.

#3 1 year ago

I don't have any answer for you, but I found this in this thread (courtesy of he-man40):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-system-11-siderails-taxi

Long with the nail holes (Flash,High Speed,Fire! 1961-1987) http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3482
Long without nail holes (Taxi, Jokers, Cyclone,etc 1988) http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3488
Short without nail holes (BOP, Earthshaker,etc 1988-1990) http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3489

b74fab8fd9a9b89ae9663a116750897fb29c5d1e (resized).png

#4 1 year ago

Thanks for the info. Its unfortunate that the info im looking for is not listed on the information list. I was hopping that someone that has restored a Banzai run could help me. Mine are quite damaged and I need to replace when the cpr playfields are released. It looks like I may be able to order a set long and cut to length. The rails are a little different with the way the head is built, want to make sure I get the right thing. Thanks

#5 1 year ago

Try looking @ Planetary Pinball Supply. They have parts books.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from joe2012:

ry looking @ Planetary Pinball Supply. They have parts books.

Thanks

#7 1 year ago

I did not see side rails listed in those online parts books. Did I miss them?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffc:

I did not see side rails listed in those online parts books. Did I miss them?

I didn't see rails listed either. I'm still looking though.

#9 1 year ago

I'd reach out to Brian Kelly who restored a BR last year and they discuss locating/modifying side rails in this thread:
http://www.damonator.com/pinball/banzai/banzai.html

I didn't see a clear answer/source in the thread though.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffc:

I'd reach out to Brian Kelly who restored a BR last year and they discuss locating/modifying side rails in this thread:

Thanks for the input.

#11 1 year ago

Wondering if anyone has a contact for Brian Kelly that did a Banzai Run restore last year.

#12 1 year ago

Try sending a PM to bryan_kelly

#13 1 year ago

I made a raw set for Bryan Kelley for his restore, I think they were unique. I received a special drawing that was made off an original set.
Dino

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

made a raw set for Bryan Kelley for his restore, I think they were unique. I received a special drawing that was made off an original set.
Dino

Pm sent

#15 1 year ago

Dino,
I was wondering if you may be interested in making another set of rails for Banzai run. Thanks
Charles Goodhand
706-823-8427

#16 1 year ago

I chrome plated those rails and wondered were Bryan got them. I figured it was something Pinball Life sold. Yell at Terry he might want ro produce a few sets.

1 week later
#17 1 year ago

Still looking for someone that can make a set of side rails or knows where to purchase a set. None of my emails have been answered yet so still looking for a option for these rails.

5 months later
#18 1 year ago

If Dino can't, maybe Kerry Stair can take a shot at it. I sent Dino a pm, waiting on his response. I am also in need of the side rails, but most importantly, I need the barrier molding trim piece. I hear from sources that CPR will be putting out the playfield, plastics, and backglass later this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I just hope that this time, they use a different ink for the backglass, so that it won't fade as easily as the last. In the picture, you will see the barrier molding trim (top metal piece) that is completely unobtainium. Thanks to Brian Kelly for his post on the BR restoration, or I wouldn't even have a picture of this rare item.

134 (resized).JPG

#19 1 year ago

I am talking with a pinball favorite fabricator about this trim piece. He said that if there is enough interest, and can find a donor part, he will make some. Please post if you are interested.

#20 1 year ago

I'm interested in the barrier molding trim and side rails also if they can be made. All my pm's sent for rails have not been answered up to this point. I hope for good news and thanks for the updates.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bensenville, IL
$ 229.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
$ 1,200.00
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside