1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by izzy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Does anyone make flipper buttons with a mirror finish? Chrome would look good on T2, I'm looking for gold for TOM, green would look good on GZ, etc.
    Possibly a good idea for someone to make, if they aren't already available.

#3 1 year ago

All the "chrome" flipper buttons I've seen wear down to the base plastic color after a moderate amount of play. YMMV

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

All the "chrome" flipper buttons I've seen wear down to the base plastic color after a moderate amount of play. YMMV

Put several coats of clear over them and they will last.

#5 1 year ago

But then will the moving part stick in the housing? It's a pretty snug fit just from the mold itself.

#6 1 year ago

You just clear the button part, not the shaft

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

But then will the moving part stick in the housing? It's a pretty snug fit just from the mold itself.

Light sanding of the plastic with high grit followed by several light coats on the top of the push button itself. Leaving the shaft and button housing alone. If the clear is obvious then its on too thick. Think of the sub assemblies people clear on restorations (coin doors/mechanical assemblies/brackets/housings). All of which might start off rusty or tarnished, then put through a tumbler or mechanically sanded only to remove the top coat (zinc/nickel/chrome) and have to be cleared. Many of which are tight integral moving parts.

#8 1 year ago

Thx to all for the info. I'll order several sets.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-chrome-flipper-buttons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.