Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DryDock
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

This is another game I had and sold off about 10 years ago and now wish I had kept. I am looking for one in the Illinois area, if there happens to be anyone with one they would part with. Thanks for looking and have a great day.

#2 9 years ago

Cool game. I've never seen one with a nice cabinet, they always seem to be flaking pretty bad.

Loved this game as a kid. Good luck in your search, I'll keep my eyes open up here for you.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks! I had a very nice one that I only bought for a couple hundred bucks out of a local paper. It was completely working and in great shape. It went to Chicago and think it sold on ebay after that. Oh well, regrets will get you know where I suppose as I start over starting a collection with no where to put it, ha!

*Also looking for wedgeheads inball4ever.

#4 9 years ago

I know a guy that has one of these for sale.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/basechmp.htm

Very much the same game. He's in Illinois too.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

I know a guy that has one of these for sale.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/basechmp.htm
    Very much the same game. He's in Illinois too.

don't want to be a thread thief as I have been looking for one also..if this does not pan out please post.dont want to step on toes and im also looking

#6 9 years ago

No problem belairjoe. I PMed "theslamdunkking" the info to the baseball champ. I really can't see much difference in the two machines. I just contacted the guy and he said he still has it- unshopped. He was the one that a nice pinsider hooked me up when I was looking for a Chicago Coin Mini-Baseball (which I still love and play), but I remembered he had other cool pitch n bat stuff he was willing to sell....and this was one of them. He's willing to travel and great to work with. Traveled all the way to Iowa City to meet me and I traveled from Omaha, NE! Would deal with him again!

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

No problem belairjoe. I PMed "theslamdunkking" the info to the baseball champ. I really can't see much difference in the two machines. I just contacted the guy and he said he still has it- unshopped. He was the one that a nice pinsider hooked me up when I was looking for a Chicago Coin Mini-Baseball (which I still love and play), but I remembered he had other cool pitch n bat stuff he was willing to sell....and this was one of them. He's willing to travel and great to work with. Traveled all the way to Iowa City to meet me and I traveled from Omaha, NE! Would deal with him again!

thanks! I think both games about same also..i have an upper deck..love this game!.don't want to be at all a name dropper but 2 months ago dennis nordman stop by our pole barn arcade with one of his friends..i was so thrilled he would stop by our little show to see..dennis an his friend walk right over to the upper deck! every party I have people flock to the baseball! I buy this to fix to help me learn to fix my brain after stroke because very challenging to run own problems..also my brothers and myself would fight at the arcade as you hide your hand for the pitch....the fake out...yes...always end up in fight so when my brother see I have we all just laughed our asses off at the old times....any pinhead on the fence for a good arcade pitch and bat game for their arcade can be sure these games get serious play.also help after endless hours of pins to break up the night..i gotta get the smaller cabinet model! also thanks for taking the time to post positive info we can all use.thats why I joined pinside

7 months later
    #8 8 years ago

If you are still looking for a World Series Deluxe, I have 2 of them. Send me a message and we'll work something out. I'll be selling them both off. I do work on EM machines so I can go through them and get them working 100% before the sale. I'm just west of Chicago in Illinois, so you are probably within 2 hours of me.

My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks,
    Kevin

#9 8 years ago

i have both the world series and the baseball champ. Sound Cards are slightly different. the baseball champ has a 2 piece front glass system , one the actuall glass and the other a marquee whereasthe WS is all one glass. Better graphics on the cabinet of the baseball champ. the sound cards are probably worth as much as the machine.

3 years later
    #10 5 years ago

I know it's been a few years - I am now looking for one of these - do you by chance still have one?

2 months later
    #11 5 years ago

I am an Electronics Tech but still have trouble reading EM Schematics, but I'm want to buy a set for my World Series Deluxe. The one I found for sale is long and narrow (Approx 14" x 48") and is marked "World Series", Not "deluxe" like mine. Is there a difference and if so, what?
    Also does anybody have any suggestions as to the best place to start as far as getting my World Series Deluxe working?
    I'm just east of Chicago in Gary Indiana...
    -Bill-

#12 5 years ago

I think I have one of each out in the workshop still that I haven't touched since I posted about 3 years ago. Yikes! Someday.....

If it's been sitting for any amount of time, the best course of action to get the game back to being reliable is to get up close and personal with it. Go through and clean off every switch/contact (I just use q-tip and rubbing alcohol unless something is really bad and needs to be filed later during testing). The steppers and score reels should almost always be taken apart and all the old grease/oil/lube often needs to be cleaned off of them pretty good. As I go through and do these things I check for proper make/break of contacts and make sure steppers reset fully and properly as well. The great thing about EM games is that most problems can actually be seen when looking in the right place.

If this is your first game going through it to get it up and running and it's been sitting for quite some time, unless you get really into it, try to break up the game into manageable chunks as you go through it, a section at a time. It does take time, and it's good to do so and move the parts around to grasp how they all move or should move.

I've gone through a lot of EM games over the years and if I'm into it at the moment, it still takes me a good solid 8 hours to go through most games that have been sitting for years and clean everything up mechanically and get it moving properly, and that's being locked in.

The good thing is, once this large effort is past, you can then just trouble shoot a single little issue when they pop up and it's never a large project again.

Once you go through a few EM games and get the hang of it, it's a pleasant surprise when you come out the other side and all you have to do is slightly adjust a few scoring switches and you're into the game.

You can also take all that EM pinball knowledge you gained and apply it to any other EM game type with great success: ball bowlers, shuffle alleys, rifle/shooting gallery type games, pitch and bats, and all the other oddball EM stuff that pops up not working.

I don't enjoy EM pinball games so much, other than getting them going, but the other types of EM games are a lot of fun for me to play.

#13 5 years ago

Over 20 years ago I bought/repaired a few bowlers (puck) and a pin or two. Back then it was hit or miss, mostly guessing as the Web wasn't as obvious to pursue at that time. Here I am 20 some-odd years later and I picked up a Shuffle Alley and in the last year I bought somewhere around a dozen machines including a crane machine. In addition to the bowler I only have room for 4 other machines so I would sell the least loved machine and replace it with a "needs attention" pinball. Even though I can read "REAL" schematics, I do have trouble with these EM docs. By the way, is there a difference between World Series and the Deluxe version? Also anything you can think of Game specific would be greatly appreciated! And... if you ever find yourself around Gary IN, I don't mind paying for a "Pitch and Bat" repair lesson that improves my machine in any way!
    Thanks!
    -Bill-

#14 5 years ago

I don't remember if there are any differences between the 2 games. I'd have to pull them both out and look over them myself. Maybe someone else can chime in as mine are buried behind some storage boats and vehicles for the winter.

#15 5 years ago

So there is actually 2 different games? I was hoping there was just the "Deluxe" that has been referred to as just a "World Series"...

#16 5 years ago

I now wonder if the "Deluxe" is the addition of the Sound Board?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-chicago-coin-world-series-deluxe-upright-pitch-and-bat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.