control_room_shape.pdf (PDF preview)
control_room_shape.jpg
IMG_20130830_081358.jpg
IMG_20130829_145002.jpg
controlroomplastic_copy.jpg
jp-preview.jpg
controlroomplastic.jpg
jp_control_room_copy.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

My JP came with the orange plastics on the slingshot
I'd rather the blue,

Anyone have a set of blue for sale? Or have a set they would trade for the orange?

#2 10 years ago

I heard each machine should come with one set of each from the factory,
So "someone" must have a set for me

#3 10 years ago

Anyone know if the Lost World plastics have the same mounting holes as the original? Those look awesome!

#4 10 years ago

They look to have the same mounting holes,
I agree they look good

#5 10 years ago

I have a set of the blue ones that I would be interested in trading only for a control room plastic. PM me if you have an extra control room. Thanks.

#6 10 years ago

Sadly I don't have any spares for this machine,

Only thing I could trade if you didn't want to sell outright would be the orange slingshot covers

#7 10 years ago

I personally think the orange ones fit with the color scheme of the playfield better IMO.

If i still had mine, I would have totally traded you. IME the orange ones are harder to find than the blue ones.

#8 10 years ago

Yes I've noticed most have the blue fitted and most owners don't even know the orange was an option,

I'd like to have both but if I can only have one I'd prefer the blue,

But looking at the lost world slingshot plastics they are green with a raptor on them, that would match a lot of the lower play field too

#9 10 years ago

I'll trade a set of blues with a nickel-sized chunk (basically flush with the center of the bottom screw) missing from the right slingshot for a set of Lost World sling plastics.

Let me know if you want a picture.

#10 10 years ago

Is there anywhere online that has these in stock?
I know most pin websites but not all of them

#11 10 years ago

Nope. I'm usually the bearer of bad news on all "want to buy/trade JP plastics" threads, but was hoping someone would be able to help you. There are no JP plastics to be found. I've been actively looking for my own machine since last June, and have replied on at least a dozen threads of people looking for all of them, some of them, one in particular (usually the Control Room) etc... and nobody has found them. Occasionally there will be someone that says some obscure company across the oceans has one set available, but nobody can ever seem to actually find them. No reproductions were made, and nobody is willing to speak up or give up originals if they do have them.

#12 10 years ago

I've never dealt with these guys. Here's a link for you:
http://www.pinballuniverse.com/jurassicparts.htm

#13 10 years ago

That's exactly what I'm looking for

Or TAF version "Look darling just what we've been looking for"

#14 10 years ago

Dang, great price if they're in stock.

#15 10 years ago

Well I bought a set,

Ill see if I get them lol

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Ill see if I get them lol

Please let us know. I'd like to order a set to replace mine, and perhaps another set for trade bait. I'm still tempted by those Lost Worlds...

#17 10 years ago

Would someone please repro the DE JP plastics? Especially the control room plastic!

#18 10 years ago

Well, I just recently got a JP. Luckily it came with blue slingshots in good condition. I've ordered a set of orange ones which seem to be easier to find.

I agree that repros would be awesome.

My machine has a busted control room plastic, too. I've got a CNC machine and can use it to reproduce the shapes in plexiglass or PETG. These can be used as protectors for sure, but I haven't done much experimenting with printing out decals to apply to the plastics and make my own repros.

Anyone have scans of the plastics? Looking at old threads, it seems like some were available at one point.

Jim

#19 10 years ago

I wish I had a scanner as all mine are in great condition,

#20 10 years ago

I just ordered a set myself. They are repros but look fine to me. http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=412

#21 10 years ago

If someone could get me a good high res picture of the plastic and the dimensions I would be more than willing to try and clean it up and see if I can get a nice one to print. I've been able to recreate several plastics that have come out real nice as long as their isn't a lot of clear in them. Just haven't figure out how to get rid of the glue haze 100% just yet. I have some lexan so could cut it, print the decals and if it comes out nice enough send to someone to test out.

#22 10 years ago

At this point, I'd take anything for the Control Room plastic because mine is completely missing.

#23 10 years ago

I've heard rumors CPR might do repro JP plastics.

#24 10 years ago

I'd be interested in a control room plastic too. Please, someone should be able to make some scans of JP plastics, you'd sell a lot me thinks.

#25 10 years ago

Of course CPR would be the way to go if they end up making them, but I would probably like something a bit better than the broken one I have in the mean time.

If we can get a good scan, specifically of the control room plastic, it sounds like there are a couple people willing to take a stab at reproducing something.

If anyone has scans they're willing to share, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

#26 10 years ago

Is this the plastic you are talking about and is it close to what it's supposed to look like? I played with it a bit last night off a pic I found on the web.

Having a good high res pic will make things much better but I think this will print out pretty nice. I really need to know the dimensions though before I can make a test plastic. If someone could trace their plastic on a standard sheet of paper and send me a pic of that it should get me pretty close.

jp_control_room_copy.jpgjp_control_room_copy.jpg

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Is this the plastic you are talking about and is it close to what it's supposed to look like?

That is the plastic. Hopefully someone can provide measurements as mine is missing!

#28 10 years ago

I can do a trace today if I can round up some graph paper.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I can do a trace today if I can round up some graph paper.

That would be perfect. No promises but I'll do my best to help ya'll out. It wont be perfect but hopefully will be better than nothing assuming I can get it to print nicely.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That is the plastic. Hopefully someone can provide measurements as mine is missing!

Do the image look about right too as in the coloring and clarity? All I could find were some grainy picks but memory is fuzzy on this title. For some reason I was thinking that the factory plastics had a bit of a blur to them.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Do the image look about right too as in the coloring and clarity? All I could find were some grainy picks but memory is fuzzy on this title. For some reason I was thinking that the factory plastics had a bit of a blur to them.

Here's the best image I can find of it online with it in the game:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1343&picno=52685&zoom=1

It's the one wrapping around the lower right pop bumper. I'd say in real life it is brighter than your image... but it's hard to tell how that image you have would transfer over when printed.

#32 10 years ago

Mine is broken into 3 pieces and looks like crap all glued together.

#33 10 years ago

I'd start a different thread to talk about the control room plastic. I started one a while ago about it.

#34 10 years ago

Mine is broken also, and missing a big chunk. Maybe this picture helps a bit for size. Every block is 1 cm.

controlroomplastic.jpgcontrolroomplastic.jpg

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

Every block is 1 cm.

the METRIC SYSTEM?!?!?!

#36 10 years ago

If anyone has an unbroken control room plastic it really isn't hard to create a vector version that could be laser cut. The one goalzzz posted was helpful with the grid, but it's pretty busted up. A dead on from above photo with anything in it for scale reference (a quarter or nickel or something would be fine) would do it if you don't have a scanner.

The artwork is kind of tricky, because that gets into licensing, but I suppose it wouldn't be a problem to make something roughly close that didn't tread on the copyright, and people could print and glue it to the bottom of the laser-cut piece. Better than nothing until CPR or someone steps up.

I don't have a JP to test this on, but I tried to rough up a vector version from the various photos. The scale should be pretty close, but it's hard to find a dead on shot to trace. Someone with a JP want to grab this PDF, print it and cut it out, and see how it fits?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/jp-control-room.pdf

Looks like this, but don't print the jpeg, it's not to scale, use the PDF:

jp-preview.jpgjp-preview.jpg

#37 10 years ago

this better for the artwork? Been redoing it today.

controlroomplastic_copy.jpgcontrolroomplastic_copy.jpg

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That looks to be right on. If you create some of these please let me know as I would be interested. Thanks! Great job.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If you're trying to copy the original, your image is missing the yellows and some detail to the bottom right.

Also note that all of the colors are solid. There is no blending. I can see where you've got some yellows in there, but they look blended with the green.

I think you'd be better served waiting for someone to provide a scan. Mine is busted, or I would.

Jim IMG_20130829_145002.jpgIMG_20130829_145002.jpg

#40 10 years ago

I think the outlines that others have shown are missing a hole. If it wasn't broken, I think mine would have 4 holes.

Check this picture that was posted on IPDB (Edit, I see someone already linked to it, but it still applies):
http://www.ipdb.org/images/1343/image-31.jpg

It has a hole for a clear post. Mine has a clear post in it. Also compare the artwork detail I was pointing out on mine to that on this picture.

#41 10 years ago

Just a note on the control room plastic: It doesn't have a light that shines through it.

I spent some time cutting out the shape on my CNC machine and then hand painted blacks, and airbrushed the other colors. It came out looking pretty good, but light didn't shine through it well since I was using mostly opaque paints. I was happy to discover after installing it, that there aren't any bulbs under this plastic anyway.

I also added a larger clear piece underneath for protection.

Unfortunately my way of doing it isn't quickly repeatable, so there's no way I would be able to produce these for others. The easiest method of producing these faster would be to glue a printout or decal to the plastic. I tried with a few printouts and couldn't get colors I was happy with.

Jim

IMG_20130830_081358.jpgIMG_20130830_081358.jpg

#42 10 years ago

May be interested in a protector for this plastic in the distant future when I do my JP.

#43 10 years ago

winteriscoming - fyi - I think your ball gate is installed backwards.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from rad:

winteriscoming - fyi - I think your ball gate is installed backwards.

Is it!? That's how it came when I bought the game. I can see in other pics of the game that mine is backwards! Good catch. I never thought about it. This will dramatically change the way the game plays for me since I think when a ball is launched, it bounces off of the gate and goes to the upper right flipper and most of the time into the power shed.

Thanks!

Jim

#45 10 years ago

Mine also!

Hmmmm
I think it might spice up the game play if it was the other way around and the ball launch was right into the pop bumpers

#46 10 years ago

I turned around my gate and it did nothing,
The ball doesn't go through it after its shot from the gun, still hits the corner and bounces into th play field as usual, so don't see much point to it

Can any other JP owners chime in? Something I'm missing here?

#47 10 years ago

The ball should go right into the pops.......
Then about 10% of the time SDTM (seems like it)

#48 10 years ago

Mine goes right into the green target and doesn't make a clean shot into where the pop bumpers would be,

Ill see if I can adjust it?

#49 10 years ago

Sounds like your solenoid may be weak. Try cleaning it to see if it gives it that extra umph to get it to where it should be.

As for the control room plastic. If I can get someone to confirm the Aurich made fits I'll make a couple of these plastics this weekend with my art and send it to a couple of people to try out. The decal paper I use is about $10 a sheet so don't want to print anything until I know I've got the decal close.

#50 10 years ago

No it's got the power, it's the angle that's wrong, when it comes out the shooter lane it's targeted more towards the upper solo green target instead of the ball T gate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-blue-jurassic-park-slingshot-plastics-can-trade-for-my-orange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.