11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 months ago

Hey all -
    Figured I would post in here, as I'm not 100% sure that Bingo folks check the marketplace that often.

For a project, I'm looking to get my hands on a Bingo playfield, with the following conditions -
    1. No mechs are needed. And mechs will be stripped off and given out to anyone that needs them. (For free.)
    2. Would prefer for it to still have the posts on the top-side of the PF.
    3. Would prefer it to have some artwork on it that is either southwest (desert, indians, cowboys) or forest (jungle, pacific NW, etc)
    4. Obviously, used is better as my project is not worth a NOS or restored playfield.

Can pick up in York, or in the mid-Atlantic area!

Thanks!

#2 11 months ago

the games that match your themes somewhat are:
    bally: bonanza, dude ranch, safari
    united: nevada, rodeo

if you expand your themes to include "women in bikini's", then that covers most of the rest of the machines made

I don't think there's any of your themes in the pinball museums parts game piles, so can' t help ya there. I'll double check next week tho.

Try contacting butch at
    http://bingobutchsballybingo.com/contact-bingo_butch/ and see what he has.

don't think chris has an overlay for any of those game either:
    http://www.ballybingo.co.uk/index1.html

#3 11 months ago

How about High Flyer?
    http://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/high_flyer/resources/pf-high_flyer-1.jpg

I've seen a few playfields with those themes trade hands recently - if Butch & Mike can't help you, let us know - there's a couple others that might be able to help.

Out of curiosity, what is your project, if you don't mind me asking?

#4 11 months ago

Thanks guys.
    Depending on how difficult it is to find one, my search criteria may widen up some. Will send Butch a message - it can't hurt.

I'm a sucker for pinball art, and in my basement/gameroom I have some playfields hung up on display. Since I *DO* lock my games, and leave them on pay-to-play, I have a set of keys for each game. For the last couple years now, I've been trying to think of a way to be able to store the keys - without them getting lost.

Finally thought about making another mounting frame for a playfield - a bingo playfield. Would mount the field in the frame, and use the posts to hang the keys from. Would do something with lighting behind each of the holes, but essentially would make it my key rack and art. (This is why I don't need an NOS or refurbished playfield - leave those for games that need it!)

Still thinking about how to light up the 'holes' around the posts, but will cross that bridge after getting the hard part done - getting a Bingo playfield.

#5 11 months ago

i have a completely stripped playfield from a bally big time ... by stripped I mean only the flat wood playfield ... no rollover buttons, top/bottom arch, rails, posts, curly springs, etc.

if you run out of options, you can have that assuming you like the pics. It probably has a little warp to it, but easy to flatten. Whatever playfield pieces you want should be easy to grab from other parts machines if the playfields in those games aren't what you'd rather have.

I suspect shipping from the west coast would mean stuff closer to you would make more sense.

the standard way operators stored the keys was to throw them loose and unlabeled into the whatever bin looked most like something to toss greasy rags into. If they remembered where the bin was buried after 20 years of moving stuff around the warehouse, you usually needed industrial solvents to get the keys unstuck, then spend a few hours finding out most of them were for games in a different warehouse that burned down 10 years ago.

if you follow a similar scheme, when you finally drill out the locks in 20 years, you've got your retirement funded.

#6 11 months ago
    Quoted from baldtwit:

i have a completely stripped playfield from a bally big time ... by stripped I mean only the flat wood playfield ... no rollover buttons, top/bottom arch, rails, posts, curly springs, etc.
    if you run out of options, you can have that assuming you like the pics. It probably has a little warp to it, but easy to flatten. Whatever playfield pieces you want should be easy to grab from other parts machines if the playfields in those games aren't what you'd rather have.
    I suspect shipping from the west coast would mean stuff closer to you would make more sense.

Thanks for the offer! I will keep it in mind if I don't find anything closer. Yeah, I'm assuming shipping would be about half the price of the field - at LEAST.

Quoted from baldtwit:

the standard way operators stored the keys was to throw them loose and unlabeled into the whatever bin looked most like something to toss greasy rags into. If they remembered where the bin was buried after 20 years of moving stuff around the warehouse, you usually needed industrial solvents to get the keys unstuck, then spend a few hours finding out most of them were for games in a different warehouse that burned down 10 years ago.
    if you follow a similar scheme, when you finally drill out the locks in 20 years, you've got your retirement funded.

Was an operator between 94 and 01. This is so effin' true. One coin box with hudreds of keys. We'd replace locks as we got games, and spare keys (and the keys from the locks we took out) were all tossed into an upright coin box. Years later, we'd have 50lbs of brass.

Now with my basement arcade, I figure I can do better than I did 20+ years ago. And, get some art up on the walls!

#7 11 months ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Thanks for the offer! I will keep it in mind if I don't find anything closer. Yeah, I'm assuming shipping would be about half the price of the field - at LEAST.

that'd be great in my case ... what is 1/2 of free?

I solved the lock problem by buying locks that were all keyed the same. Since each lock came with two keys, I had lots of spares to put in places I'd never forget. It never took more than a couple hours to find a key when I needed one.

#8 11 months ago

I am headed to York and have two playfields if you're willing to throw out theme. They are also fully stripped, so I didn't think to advertise.

One is a Night Club with some wear, and the other is a miss bowling turbo which is beautiful. I'll likely never put either into a game again, so if you can use one then I could bring it to York for a small consideration (slightly more than free). Mostly cause I have to pull it down from my wall.

2 weeks later
    #9 10 months ago

If your still looking for playfield, I have a couple dude ranches, and a united Nevada that are both populated. Send me a message.

#10 10 months ago

Sorry for the silence, guys. Work has me out on a trip, and I've not had much free time to check in on Pinside. (I *DID* get to visit Spooky's place while I was on the road, though. So I'm getting SOME pinball in..)

#11 10 months ago

Hey guys!
    Just got back in town, and sending out PMs.
    Thanks for everyone's help!

If I can pay anyone back with some generic EM parts, lemme know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 219.99
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 10.95
    $ 5.00
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside