Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
image-4 (resized).jpg
image-8 (resized).jpg
pin2 (resized).jpg
pin (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Recently picked up my very first pin. It's a Bally Big Show from 1974. Apparently, one of the previous owners had begun a cosmetic restoration and never finished. So I am left with a backbox with no side art and missing apron art. After looking around on the net, I suspect my apron is a quick reproduction of sorts. It doesn't have as many holes as the original and it has no corner cut outs for the card inserts. It's smooth all the way across. I've included pics of an original as well as my machine. So, on top of looking for artwork, I am also searching for an original apron in decent condition. There is one listed on ebay currently but it has quite a bit of rust. I don't think the apron is game specific. Looks like several Bally's from around that time period used the same apron. Anyone have one available?

pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpgpin2 (resized).jpgpin2 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpgimage-4 (resized).jpgimage-4 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Try buying an apron decal. This site probably has what you're looking for.
https://www.bestofpinball.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95_270&language=en

#3 2 years ago

get in touch with this guy - [email protected]

He has a ton of EM parts.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from shadetree77:

Recently picked up my very first pin. It's a Bally Big Show from 1974. Apparently, one of the previous owners had begun a cosmetic restoration and never finished. So I am left with a backbox with no side art and missing apron art. After looking around on the net, I suspect my apron is a quick reproduction of sorts. It doesn't have as many holes as the original and it has no corner cut outs for the card inserts. It's smooth all the way across. I've included pics of an original as well as my machine. So, on top of looking for artwork, I am also searching for an original apron in decent condition. There is one listed on ebay currently but it has quite a bit of rust. I don't think the apron is game specific. Looks like several Bally's from around that time period used the same apron. Anyone have one available?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just saw an EM apron like that on Ebay.

#5 2 years ago

I have one here in California. PM me if you like it.

Thanks!

IMG_1642 (resized).jpegIMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

I have one here in California. PM me if you like it.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

J,

I am new to the forum so it won't let me PM for 48 hours. Not sure if you can PM me but if so, can you let me know how much you are asking for the apron? Or if you feel comfortable posting the price here that would be fine too. Thanks!

Robert

#7 2 years ago

shadetree77 , I went ahead and sent you a PM. No rush on the response.

Thank you,

Jim Bovenzi

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-bally-apron?hl=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.