Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4784 (resized).JPG
IMG_4785 (resized).JPG
tmp_5052-20161206_215245-2089986174.jpg
tmp_5052-20161206_215123211258586.jpg
tmp_5052-20161206_2149441462443482.jpg
tmp_5052-20161206_214916886420554.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

I would think that other Williams games of that era would have the similar components that would work in your game.
Had my very nice "Blue Chip" for sale for quite a while until it sold at the last York show.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

This is similar to the advance unit in Blue Chip, right?
ebay.com link » Williams Pinball Em Player Unit 1973 Oxo

That's a player unit and an older version as well. Although it is a stepper, it probably only has four positions; one for each possible number of players.
I don't think it would work for his application.

#16 7 years ago

"Blue Chip" would require a 10 step ball count unit. As Otaku said, the small unit is the match unit. If that's what you need for your game, then use it. It has an additional switch on it that operates the "change relay" (called "alternating relay" on Gottliebs).

#21 7 years ago

My friend Vic Camp (fellow pinsider) bought a very nice "Blue Chip" a couple of years ago. It was missing the match unit however. He got one from a guy who cannibalizes wrecked games for parts. IMHO, he paid up for it, but it made his game work as it should. Not so much for the match feature, but for the control of the "change relay". This unit changes the value of specific targets, rollovers, etc. and so it has an important function for correct gameplay. For example, on "Blue Chip", the change relay switches the lit bumper between the left and right one, and changes the outlane "special" between the left and right outlanes. Without the switch on the match unit, the lighted bumper would always be the same one, and the lighted "special" on the outlanes would always be the same too.
Freezing the match number on "60" really doesn't help and it surely won't restore the proper function of the change relay.

#22 7 years ago

Based on all your postings here, you likely need the match unit (which you say you can get from your "Honey" machine), and perhaps the ball count unit is just gummed up, misadjusted, or may be missing a spring or two. Not anything that a reasonably decent EM pinball tech shouldn't be able to handle easily.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

My friend Vic Camp (fellow pinsider) bought a very nice "Blue Chip" a couple of years ago. It was missing the match unit however. He got one from a guy who cannibalizes wrecked games for parts. IMHO, he paid up for it, but it made his game work as it should. Not so much for the match feature, but for the control of the "change relay". This unit changes the value of specific targets, rollovers, etc. and so it has an important function for correct gameplay. For example, on "Blue Chip", the change relay switches the lit bumper between the left and right one, and changes the outlane "special" between the left and right outlanes. Without the switch on the match unit, the lighted bumper would always be the same one, and the lighted "special" on the outlanes would always be the same too.
Freezing the match number on "60" really doesn't help and it surely won't restore the proper function of the change relay.

I can't remember on mine, but maybe the change relay changes the value of the bumpers from 10 to 100, not switching them left and right.
In either case, it's important for correct game play.

2 weeks later
#37 7 years ago

Yeah, but how are you going to incorporate it into the backglass?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-ball-count-advance-unit-for-williams-blue-chip?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.