(Topic ID: 181447)

Looking for Backglass and Translites thread (Buy, sell, trade)

By Chosen_S

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,086 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by sullivcd40
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240320_073552 (resized).jpg
20240320_073555 (resized).jpg
20240320_071559 (resized).jpg
20240320_071552 (resized).jpg
20240320_071621 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7107 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7110 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7105 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#220 5 years ago

Seawitch Glass: Had a minor blemish on right edge, about 1-2 inch. Some lifting of ink, mostly white ink. The glass went to the Ottawa Show & was shown in the parking lot on Saturday for a hour. Show was a no go due to the Tornado. It was resting on a box, & lost some ink on the edges on my 14 hour road trip home. This damage will be hidden by the trim. $150 US shipped to USA. If your not happy, pay another $100 US for a new perfect replacement. I would then get you to destroy the glass. Only way to test for tempered glass, like I had a Star Gazer customer do. Please message me for payment info. This would be a perfect glass for a cheap worn out players game with a poor backglass. For more edge pictures pm with a email address.

IMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0032 (resized).JPGIMG_0032 (resized).JPG
#225 5 years ago

Seawitch glass sold along with Seawitch test #2 playfield with weeping issues, & needing more finish clear coats.

3 months later
#267 5 years ago

I am still in the hunt for QuickSilver backglass art ready to print.

Classic Stern Glass 2019 Sales each glass title: Price on Ebay is $300 US + $50 US shipping USA. Private sales are $250 US + $50 US shipping.

If you are a previous customer of backglass (Star Gazer, Seawitch, Nineball, Catacomb, Lightning, & Iron Maiden)  or playfield (Star Gazer & Seawitch). $225  US + $50 US shipping. On the honor system of backglass made by Great Pinball. Can be purchased in the past from me (Great Pinball), Ebay, Marco Specialties, or with a private seller (can be with a pinball machine sale, or part sale).

If you order 2 or 3 Stern backglass in the same box. You can get a further $25 US off the cost of all backglass. Shipping total will remain at $50 US per box, & I will absorb the rest. 

Paypal: [email protected]
Please include your phone number & email with paypal. Along with the glass title. If this info is missing I will contact you, as it is needed for UPS Standard ground shipping. 

Glass is shipped in custom manufactured double cardboard walled box. Has honeycomb cardboard spacers. Glass is wrapped in in paper for protection! Edge strap guards are taped to corners of outside box. Glass damage by UPS is around 3%, & I self insure my glass. Any problems contact me: [email protected] or phone 902-402-7188 cell. If I need to contact you by phone: 902-457-1399 home

Glass is tempered with **NO LOGO**. Manufactured by Canadian Glass Manufacturer. 3mm x 25.5" x 28.5" 
http://www.vitroglazings.com/en-US/Glass/Architectural-Glasses.aspx

Glass has been printed (hundreds) by Atlantic Digital Reproductions. They also do my playfields. Glass is hit double pass for color & white, Single hit (pass) for gray blocking. Example ink head prints & uv cures: color, color, white, white, & gray. Commercial UV inkjet production on flatbed printer (OCE).
 http://www.atlanticdigital.ca/

Thanks for your purchase! 

#270 5 years ago

I tried a Farfalla glass years ago. Waste of my time & money. Art was not good!

2 years later
2 months later
#750 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sadly, Medusa went to the dump. No takers, even free. May she rest in peace(s)!
[quoted image]

Hopefully you picked it clean. We do not see anything local here in years for projects the last 15 years.

6 months later
#833 1 year ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

worth a try.
looking to buy a Gottlieb Grande Domino from 1968 backglass
photo just for reference
[quoted image]

Working on Gottlieb Domino, might be easier to find that glass. Looks the same to me.

7 months later
#971 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m doing my best to purchase a backglass in Spain I need shipped to the USA.
My first thought is to ship an empty cpr backglass box to Spain then pay to ship it back…. Anyone have any other options or tips??

I would just explain to the seller how to find a good box, & package it well. Over the years I used corner strap protectors on the corners of the box. Single double wall cardboard box, honeycomb cardboard layer to both sides, glass wrapped multiple times in good shipping paper & taped to one of the honeycomb. Shipping this way only had 3% loss or damage which was likely caused by extreme handling or box being impacted by a object in handling.

The other way is to use 2 boxes & package well. Use pool noodles or pipe foam around the glass sides.

IMG_0259 (resized).JPGIMG_0259 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#987 1 year ago

Facebook Marketplace Nova Scotia. The biggest amusement operator is on the last legs of down sizing & the son is taking on the business. Looks like some good deals on backglass they want to clear out. Please reach out to Lonnie if interested & ask if the glass can be delivered to me for shipping & packing at a extra charge. Central Amusements is located over a hour + away from my repair shop. But they have a few employees servicing their accounts in small cars. I have very good rates to USA with my UPS ground account. I will charge for the box & shipping supplies, + UPS ground. Help out if I can, but not responsible for loss or damage. I have packed & shipped almost 1000 backglass over the years with very few lost beyond my scope of packing.
You can reach out to others in the Maritimes selling backglass, & that come into Halifax. PEI, & NB are within driving range, & pinball tournaments every month are held here & in NB.

IMG_0259 (resized).JPGIMG_0259 (resized).JPG
#989 1 year ago

Here is one of the ads they have. Please contact Lonnie to see if available, condition, & if he is up to bringing it to me for shipping & packing.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/180570837787152/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A98313e4c-b9f4-4974-8340-0a6e3ac6cacb

#992 1 year ago

Some people have a hard time looking for stuff. Hopefully a bunch of needed glass finds a home. I remember almost 30 years ago searching the 3 racks of glass at their warehouse. i even wrote up a article on Gameroom Magazine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 36.95
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 18.95
$ 259.00
$ 70.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-backglass-and-translites-thread-buy-sell-trade?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.