(Topic ID: 181447)

Looking for Backglass and Translites thread (Buy, sell, trade)

By Chosen_S

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,086 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by sullivcd40
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240320_073552 (resized).jpg
20240320_073555 (resized).jpg
20240320_071559 (resized).jpg
20240320_071552 (resized).jpg
20240320_071621 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7107 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7110 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7105 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from Snowtrooper:

Looking for a 1984 Gottlieb Touchdown backglass and a head. If anyone has any leads, please send me a PM. Thanks for your help and assistance.

Try posting in this forum:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-heads-needed-heads-available/page/6#post-6200366

Added over 3 years ago:

Correction. Post in this forum:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-heads-and-cabinets-needed-heads-and-cabinets-available

#652 2 years ago

Have a NOS Dialed In promo translite (not for use in the game as it'd cover the LCD screen) signed by Jersey Jack for sale or trade. Looking for a Walking Dead Pro, Iron Maiden Premium, TMNT Premium, AIQ Premium or Batman Catwoman Edition translite in trade. $75 shipped if no trades arise.

#653 2 years ago

Looking for a Centaur II BG - some prior human made a bad move a stored it out in the cold causing all the paint to flake off...

Thx!

#655 2 years ago

I could alternately use any of the following 1984 Gottlieb title project heads: Alien Star, The Games, El Dorado City of Gold, or Ice Fever, as they were released after Touchdown. Just throwing that out there as well.

Thanks.

#656 2 years ago

I'm looking for a Transporter the rescue translight, just bought one off e lame that was supposed to be NOS, came with a large hole, deep scratches and mold! Ughhh.
Anyone have one sitting around?
Thanks.

#657 2 years ago
Quoted from Snowtrooper:

Thank you sir!!
I will do so right away!

Sorry, I was thinking that you're looking for a Williams EM head. You need to post in the below SS heads needed forum.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-heads-and-cabinets-needed-heads-and-cabinets-available forum.

#658 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Sorry, I was thinking that you're looking for a Williams EM head. You need to post in the below SS heads needed forum.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-heads-and-cabinets-needed-heads-and-cabinets-available forum.

No worries.

Thank you for leading me to the correct forum thread, as I have posted up there as well.

#659 2 years ago

Been a while since I posted a reminder, I can create a translite from your original BG or translite via scans if you are interested.
Options to do this are:

1) send me scans of your original
2) send me your original BG for me to scan
3) rent my scanner, pay shipping both ways + a deposit

The costs run from 150 - 200 (+ shipping) depending on complexity of any mirror on original. The mirror is recreated via chrome vinyl wrap cut with a computer controlled vinyl cutter and applied onto the front of the re-creation. It's not a perfect solution but it seems to work well.
Feel free to PM me for sample photos / list of translites created thus far.

Typical turnaround time, provided you already have scans, runs about 3-4 weeks. 1 - 2 weeks for me to redraw all the art from the original, 1 week for the printer to print and ship to me, 1 week for me to apply the back mask and any front mirror, and then 3 - 4 days UPS insured shipping to you.

PM any questions.

AD

2 weeks later
#660 2 years ago

I’m looking for an Indy 500 translite. Reproductions are ok. Thanks for any leads.

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

I am joining a request that others have made from time to time. Looking for a Firepower backglass in as close to perfect condition as possible. If anyone knows why CPR doesn’t offer it (temporarily?), I would appreciate learning why.
Thanks!

TNT amusements has Firepower listed in their list of Backglasses in stock. May want to reach out to them. https://tntamusements.com/inventory/pinball-backglasses/

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

TNT amusements has Firepower listed in their list of Backglasses in stock. May want to reach out to them. https://tntamusements.com/inventory/pinball-backglasses/

Mayfair Amusements is another option. His website only contains a partial list of the backglasses and translites that he has in stock.

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Mayfair Amusements is another option. His website only contains a partial list of the backglasses and translites that he has in stock.

I'll second Mayfair. Got my NOS Torpedo Alley translite from them.

https://mayfairamusement.com/

#664 2 years ago

I found this for sale (not my sale)

Sinbad
Gottlieb ss
$20
Athens, ga
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1413763292152884/

1 week later
#665 2 years ago

Looking for johnny mnemonic translite

Suggested I post here as well

Need the whole thing / glass / translite, trim, will take just trans or all.

Any leads appreciated

Thanks!

BPR

#666 2 years ago

Looking for a Strange World backglass.

#667 2 years ago

Still looking for Williams "Pit Stop" and Bally bingo "Beauty" backglasses. Will be at Pinfest

#668 2 years ago

Also looking for JM

1 week later
#669 2 years ago

Have had folks ask about the best material for translights...I always say you have to go true photographic printing. This provides the deepest, darkest blacks and stunning color, far superior to any inkjet print. This company provides that. I've worked with their parent company for years and have never had any issues, the trans always look fantastic. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

https://signsandbanners.com/en/indoor-signs/photographictrans-variable

#670 2 years ago

Looking for a nice memory lane bg, and a royal guard bg..

1 week later
#671 2 years ago

Looking for a Transporter the Rescue translite (NOS). I've had to touch mine up in multiple places to fix some deep gouges through the print. Hit me up if you have or know of one for sale. Thx.

1 week later
#672 2 years ago

Looking for Warlok backglass...

#673 2 years ago

Looking for Tron 3d backglass...have $ or $ plus another version to trade

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I found this for sale (not my sale)
Sinbad
Gottlieb ss
$20
Athens, ga
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1413763292152884/

Thanks for the post! I had it picked up earlier today!

#675 2 years ago

Looking for a Midway Gangbusters original backglass, not plastic.
Thanks

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from ritch12345:

Looking for a Midway Gangbusters original backglass, not plastic.
Thanks

I just noticed Mayfair has a new website! Good place to check.
https://mayfairamusement.com/backglasses/

#677 2 years ago

Thanks, I drove to NY and met him, real nice guy. It had some surface scuffs in the clear area. His was on plastic and mine is on glass. My current glass has deep scratch in the clear area and did not want to take a chance on buying his. I was about to though. He mentioned Midway might have used plastic "backglass" back in the 70's for overseas games. Maybe I could polish the scuffs out. If it was $75 to $100 I would have tried it.
The other worry I had was my game uses light to hit targets. Does the light pass through plastic the same as glass? Maybe, maybe not. Again, for a lower price I would try it. Not a big loss.

#678 2 years ago

Still on the lookout for a Williams "Pit Stop" BG and Bally "Beauty" bingo BG....Will be at Pinfest

#679 2 years ago

Looking for a Grand Lizard backglass. Thanks

#680 2 years ago

Looking for a Gottlieb Rock Star backglass.

#681 2 years ago

Looking for 1954 Gottlieb Gold Star backglass. Has to be a 8 or better.

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Looking for a Grand Lizard backglass. Thanks

There is a modernized repro of this that looks a lot like contra.

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

There is a modernized repro of this that looks a lot like contra.

Where is that available?

#684 2 years ago

Looking for Amazon Hunt backglass.

#685 2 years ago

Looking for Bally Big Valley backglass.

#686 2 years ago

Looking for a Chicago Coin Red Baron backglass.

#687 2 years ago

Looking for Bally Magic Circle bg in 8 or better condition.

#688 2 years ago

Posted on Mr Pinball this AM:

Selling two Bally backglasses: Night Rider (electronic) and Six Million Dollar Man. Both in near mint condition--no missing paint, no flakes. They would be 10's except for slight burn marks which are not visible from the front. Both still have the black plastic side trims and bottom metal lift channels attached--ready to install. $275.00 each + shipping. May bring to the Allentown show if there is interest. Call evenings, do not text.

Bob Thurman
[email protected]
voice: 516-354-7737
Long Island, NY

3 weeks later
#689 2 years ago

Looking for a data east star wars translite

1 month later
#690 2 years ago

Looking for Sweet Sue backglass.

In 1948 T & M Sales converted 1947 Havana by United into Sweet Sues by repainting the playfield and adding a more racey backglass.

d4c6dc8307ed13ec8ec506f2cd91af1a3b838ad1 (resized).jpgd4c6dc8307ed13ec8ec506f2cd91af1a3b838ad1 (resized).jpg

#691 2 years ago

Is there a similar topic as this but for playfields? I have about 80 playfields available and am looking for one for Roadshow... bare wood is fine... I'm happy to trade a playfield or 2 for it...

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Is there a similar topic as this but for playfields? I have about 80 playfields available and am looking for one for Roadshow... bare wood is fine... I'm happy to trade a playfield or 2 for it...

Yes, all you have to do is search.

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Is there a similar topic as this but for playfields?

Looking for Playfields thread (Buy, sell, trade)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-playfields-you-havent-seen-and-i-havent-seen

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Yes, all you have to do is search.

I took your advice and looked through the 1st 2 pages of topics that came up searching on 'playfields' and gave up...

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Looking for Playfields thread (Buy, sell, trade)

Thanks, no idea why this link wasn't in those 1st 2 pages...

#695 2 years ago

I am looking for a translite glass for a stern Simpsons pinball party. Or any other machine of that era. I have the translite itself and the black plastic pieces for the edges. I just need the glass. Anybody have one that they don’t need?

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

I am looking for a translite glass for a stern Simpsons pinball party. Or any other machine of that era. I have the translite itself and the black plastic pieces for the edges. I just need the glass. Anybody have one that they don’t need?

Just measure it up and go to a local glass shop. I think I pay around $30 for my BG Glass, tempered. Might be different now, it's been a few years since I needed one.

1 week later
#697 2 years ago

Looking for a Spirit of 76 backglass....in better condition than mine.

2 weeks later
#698 2 years ago

Looking for the following in VGC:

1) 1973 Gottlieb Hot Shot
2) 1977 Bally Eight Ball
3) 1976 Gottlieb Volley

If you're going to York and have any of these, PM please.

#699 2 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe 1981 original version mirrored backglass and plastics set for sale, can take to Expo. Will have blown out pf eventually too.

Both still very presentable but doing full restore and going balls out with all new parts. Never sold either before so if prices are outta line just say so.
Please PM for more pics or questions.

$100 + shipping for bg - starting to flake by "Ball in Play" and "Game Over".

$50 + shipping for plastics - only flaw I see is a cracked corner on the lower left of the large upper left plastic, first pic below.

$125 + shipping for both - actual costs on all shipping.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg20211002_092515 (resized).jpg20211002_092515 (resized).jpg20211002_092520 (resized).jpg20211002_092520 (resized).jpg20211002_092523 (resized).jpg20211002_092523 (resized).jpg20211002_092531 (resized).jpg20211002_092531 (resized).jpg20211002_092748 (resized).jpg20211002_092748 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpgATT00001 (resized).jpgATT00001 (resized).jpg20211002_092811 (resized).jpg20211002_092811 (resized).jpg
#700 2 years ago

Looking for 1951 Gottlieb Niagara must be 9+ original or repro.

Added over 3 years ago:

Found

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 36.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 85.00
$ 259.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-backglass-and-translites-thread-buy-sell-trade/page/14?hl=snowtrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.