Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DennisK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I'm in Manhattan, Kansas (home of KSU and Fort Riley) and am willing to drive hours to play location games. In my travels I've found that I really dislike playing in barcades that have music blasting (more "bar" than "cade"). I've been to Knub's Pub in Shawnee during lunch and it was great (I suspect the atmosphere might change on weekend nights).

Any good recommendations for pure pinball arcade atmosphere around Witchita, Topeka or Kansas City areas?

P.S. I took a couple pinball-focused roadtrips in December. One to Pittsburgh (PA Pinball museum was the highlight) and the other to Ohama (highlight there was Big John's Billiards). So I'm definitely willing to hit the road to play. Sadly there are only 7 pins in my town (until my Medieval Madness (Remake - LE) RE arrives).

#2 4 years ago

403 club kc
    CP pinball in st Louis
    Cactus Jack in Oklahoma City

Prolly your best bet.

403 club has toned down the music and great line up

#3 4 years ago

The Arcade in Wichita KS doesn't have loud music. We have our monthly pinball tournament coming up this weekend (Saturday at 1:00) if you would like to check it out while a bunch of fellow pinheads are there.

Industry in Wichita is great before ~8:00-9:00 at night. Then the club crowd starts to roll in and the music gets loud.

#4 4 years ago

Possibly check with DennisK

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

The Arcade in Wichita KS doesn't have loud music. We have our monthly pinball tournament coming up this weekend (Saturday at 1:00) if you would like to check it out while a bunch of fellow pinheads are there.
    Industry in Wichita is great before ~8:00-9:00 at night. Then the club crowd starts to roll in and the music gets loud.

I'll be in Hutchinson next week, I'll definitely visit The Arcade in Wichita. Thanks, looking at the webpage now.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

#6 4 years ago

Where is Ohama?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Where is Ohama?

Not far from Hilcoln...

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Globalcop:

I'll be in Hutchinson next week, I'll definitely visit The Arcade in Wichita. Thanks, looking at the webpage now.
    Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Stop by D'angelos pizza in Halstead for me

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Stop by D'angelos pizza in Halstead for me

mmmmmmmm My wife is from there... LOL

Jeff

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

mmmmmmmm My wife is from there... LOL
    Jeff

What?! No way!!!! I lived there for few years....love that small town!

#11 4 years ago

Pizza West is in the same Strip Mall as Knub's Pub. It isn't loud and has 7 pins. Knub's sometimes does live music but other than that it isn't loud. 403 can be loud music if there isn't a big sports game on.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Pizza West is in the same Strip Mall as Knub's Pub. It isn't loud and has 7 pins. Knub's sometimes does live music but other than that it isn't loud. 403 can be loud music if there isn't a big sports game on.

Thanks DK, I just discovered your eclectic gaming podcast, going back through the archives. Nice to get a KS perspective on the hobby. Manhattan is lacking. I try to talk people into getting a pin when I get the chance; bars, restaurants and old folks homes, etc. Local motorcycle shop (Motorcycle Supply) is the pin guru here.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Globalcop:

Thanks DK, I just discovered your eclectic gaming podcast, going back through the archives. Nice to get a KS perspective on the hobby. Manhattan is lacking. I try to talk people into getting a pin when I get the chance; bars, restaurants and old folks homes, etc. Local motorcycle shop (Motorcycle Supply) is the pin guru here.

I've seen it on the pin map I think! I don't get to Manhattan much (Topeka all the time, Wichita probably second most common for work).

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

I've seen it on the pin map I think! I don't get to Manhattan much (Topeka all the time, Wichita probably second most common for work).

Loved the Wichita shootout regarding never ending Kellogg construction on the final TWIP podcast.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

Loved the Wichita shootout regarding never ending Kellogg construction on the final TWIP podcast.

I told Zach someone would get it! Kellogg has been a nightmare my entire professional career other than like an 18-month stint. Bleh.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-arcades-in-kansas-without-loud-music?hl=jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.