(Topic ID: 181475)

Looking for another Scramble Owner (tecnoplay)(need working ROMs & manual)

By CaptainNeo

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zuhi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8166 (resized).JPG
IMG_8165 (resized).JPG
IMG_8167 (resized).JPG
IMG_8163 (resized).JPG
1056258296 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

There has to be someone else out there with a working scramble. I have some questions I need confirmation on. Plus I need a copy of the manual and someone that has a working game that I can get Rom images from. The roms in IPDB don't seem to work, and I think mine are glitched. The problems i'm having, has to be rom based as I've nearly swapped everything out in the game that it could be.

IMG_8163 (resized).JPGIMG_8163 (resized).JPG
IMG_8167 (resized).JPGIMG_8167 (resized).JPG
IMG_8165 (resized).JPGIMG_8165 (resized).JPG
IMG_8166 (resized).JPGIMG_8166 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

i know this is a longshot, but searching for another owner.

#3 7 years ago

Wish I could help. Free bump.

Maybe try one of the European forums?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wish I could help. Free bump.
Maybe try one of the European forums?

which ones are the most active?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

which ones are the most active?

I'd start with http://flippermarkt.de

They're fairly active and there are some strong technical posters. However, it's in German, but google translate does a fairly decent job.

After that, try searching for French pinball forums, followed by Italian pinball forums. I'm not too familiar with them, so I can't really offer a suggestion, but there are a few.

#8 7 years ago

Why not start by asking the questions here - you never know?

#9 7 years ago

I have instructions manual and schematic

#11 7 years ago

I had a Stern Scramble once.

1056258296 (resized).jpg1056258296 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had a Stern Scramble once.

that damn thing has made it difficult to get info for the pinball machine. Tons of info on that arcade and non for the pin.

#13 7 years ago

It took a lot of my quarters back in the day.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It took a lot of my quarters back in the day.

happen to keep a set of rom images with you for those quarters? I think i have a bad section to my roms.

#15 7 years ago

Nope, they were mostly quarters from the 70s and early eighties, and they were long gone before I could burn any roms. Sorry.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's who I got the game from LOL

Haha! Should have figured as you got his Spooky too. Well good luck, super cool game!

#17 7 years ago

never seen this game.

looks like a fun game. the blue ramps had me confused for a minute

hope you get the help you need

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that damn thing has made it difficult to get info for the pinball machine. Tons of info on that arcade and non for the pin.

Use the minus sign to eliminate words from search results, like this:

Scramble -stern -video

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Use the minus sign to eliminate words from search results, like this:
Scramble -stern -video

Good tip thank you.

now i have to find someone with a known working rom set. I tried the ones off IPDB, and they didn't work because whoever uploaded them didn't give them an extension. I assumed they were .bin files, but I don't think so as the game didn't work.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Good tip thank you.
now i have to find someone with a known working rom set. I tried the ones off IPDB, and they didn't work because whoever uploaded them didn't give them an extension. I assumed they were .bin files, but I don't think so as the game didn't work.

Maybe IPDB could give you the contact info for whoever donated the ROM files?

#21 7 years ago

I think I may have info on that. But that doesn't mean their versions arn't corrupt as well.

#22 7 years ago

ROM files look fine Neo. Are you unzipping them first? THEN rename them with a ". bin" extension.

Burn the logic and sound 1 and 2 images to 2764 ROMs, and the sound 3, 4, and 5 to 27256 ROMs.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#23 7 years ago

my sound files are fine. I'm only trying to burn the logic ones. Yes I unzipped and renamed. I'm going to try taking them raw and having my burner convert them to binary and see if it makes a difference.

#24 7 years ago

ok, I tried some different chips i have and i got the IPDB ones to burn. But they are doing the exact same things my roms were. The stickers on my roms look fairly new, so i'm thinking those might be the same image files of what i'm using anyway. Actually I know it is, as I did a verify with my loaded images (ones I uploaded from my chips) to the chips I just burned from IPDB and they are the same. So if there is a rom glitch in these roms. All of them are out there. I guess the best way to tell is to download the virtual version and see if the same error shows up.

1 year later
#26 5 years ago

I have a working one, can i help?

I also looking for a digitalized manual

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-another-scramble-owner-tecnoplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.