Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8185.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
100_0132.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I'm actually still trying to decide if I want a PRO or LE, but I'm looking to see if there are any deals on an LE in my area at this time. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and would prefer a local sale. Wolverine or Magneto is fine. Please let me know if you have something available.

Thanks,

Rob

#2 10 years ago

Fun Pinball.

100_0132.JPG100_0132.JPG

#3 10 years ago

There were a few on Craigslist recently

sfbay.craigslist.org link Pro version

There was an LE but it may have sold...think it was listed at 6400???

#4 10 years ago

I'm considering that PRO (have already spoken with the seller), but just wanted to see if there is an LE that someone needs to get rid of before I pull the trigger on anything. Either way, X-Men will be mine...

#5 10 years ago

Good luck in finding one. Picking up my LE tomorrow.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I'm considering that PRO (have already spoken with the seller), but just wanted to see if there is an LE that someone needs to get rid of before I pull the trigger on anything. Either way, X-Men will be mine...

Good luck!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I'm actually still trying to decide if I want a PRO

I just checked out all the photos. That is a nice PRO. Buy it. You wont miss the Ice man ramp it blocks the view of other shots. The spinning disc is cool but the PRO have a magnet that works fine. You will not have to do the post mod it is already done. You will not have to remount Wolverine to open up Beast lane. I remounted mine it is a pain in the ass. And I still am not sure it opened the lane up enough and Wolverine's elbow now rubs the ball a bit. You will not have to add LED's its done. Support rails, shaker, sound up grade . Call the Seller tonight and seal the deal. Rob

#8 10 years ago

You are right Rob...

I'm making arrangements now. I've thought about this way too much and way too long...LOL!

TDA, I'm joining the PRO club!

Rob

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

You are right Rob...
I'm making arrangements now. I've thought about this way too much and way too long...LOL!
Rob

Grats. I owned the LE for a long time and after getting annoyed with the ice ramp, NCs, and wolv mount; I'm banking on the pro being the better option and getting one Friday!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

You are right Rob...
Rob

Congrats the Pro is one hell of a pin my friend!

#11 10 years ago

What's with remounting Wolvie? I've left him right where he was when I opened my LE and have no problem making the Beast shot. In fact it's one of the shots I can hit more consistently.

Am I missing something? It seems more of an optical illusion that the Beast lane is tight because his arm hangs over it. IMHO there's plenty of room to make the shot..probably the easiest shot on the game

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

..probably the easiest shot on the game

Not for me . When things get crazy in multi ball I miss the lane a lot. It is possible your LE has a good placement of the figure. I would love to see a photo to compare it to mine. That would be helpful Thanks

#13 10 years ago

I never had to open up the Wolvy on mine and never had any elbow hangups, got pretty lucky with my 2nd LE

#14 10 years ago

When I owned an LE, the hot topic was the positioning of wolv vs the pro model. In the pro, his placement looks correct with the pf artwork, and the beast shot was opened up a fraction of a hair because of it. Us LE owners took it upon ourselves to resolve this mishap, and stern supported it by sending owners new wolves for those who asked (I got 2). So, LE owners proceeded with the wolverine remount by cutting him up and sliding him over to be in the correct placement. This was great as it looked like the pro model and opened up the beast shot - there was a big difference. The drawback was 300 plays later, wolverine became loose and slowly made his way back to his LE position. There are better ways of remounting him now using brackets; but my recommendation is leave him be because he's a PIA to adjust.

#15 10 years ago

The position of Wolverine does make a noticeable difference during gameplay IMO. The stock position of the figure on the Pro opens up the beast shot a decent amount allowing for precise backhand shots to hit the loop. Some of the mounts on the LE makes that shot a bit tight affecting the flow and overall gameplay of the pin.

I think that is why Borg said the positioning of the figure turned out to be one of the biggest challenges of the project. If I had an LE with the figure off too much I would likely try to remount it properly but as Eskaybee mentions adjusting/taking off that figure is one big PIA. Sure the beast shot is still hittable with Wolverine twisted to the left but IMO the game plays funner with him in just the right spot. I can see why some think Wolverine mode gets annoying due to extra hits off a miss aligned Woverine figure while attempting the Beast shot. Below are some pics to demonstrate what I am talking about.
image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

What's with remounting Wolvie? I've left him right where he was when I opened my LE and have no problem making the Beast shot. In fact it's one of the shots I can hit more consistently.

Am I missing something? It seems more of an optical illusion that the Beast lane is tight because his arm hangs over it. IMHO there's plenty of room to make the shot..probably the easiest shot on the game

I am with yah 100%. IMO it can be a difficult shot at times, especially to make clean for a Gambit hit. Some days it is easier to hit than others for some reason. I love when I do it.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Pro opens up the beast shot a decent amount allowing for precise backhand shots

That is what I have tried to do. Can not do it. I do not think I moved the figure enough. I did not want to block the Xavier shot. And The figure is starting to move. Dude_Abides would it be possible for you to taken a photo of your Wolverine figure as if I was looking at it from standing in front of pinball . I want to see how your figure is facing/twisted. I think I am going to have to the remount again. Also do you think there was any difference in the position of the plate and bracket that the figure attaches to from the pro to the L.E. Thanks a Million

#18 10 years ago

And the answer to the question: "What X-Men is Rob going to buy, the LE or PRO?"

I decided on the LE...

Thanks for everyone that gave their input and let me play their games, but the LE I picked up from Justin/FatTrain was too nice and had a ton of mods already installed. I could not pass up the deal.

Looks great next to my Spider-Man...

IMG_8185.jpgIMG_8185.jpg

#19 10 years ago

Congrats on the new addition Rob! Wolverine (or either Xmen LE actually) is a great game, I don't understand how people think the pro is ok not having the spinning magnet or iceman bridge.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

And the answer to the question: "What X-Men is Rob going to buy, the LE or PRO?"
I decided on the LE...
Thanks for everyone that gave their input and let me play their games, but the LE I picked up from Justin/FatTrain was too nice and had a ton of mods already installed. I could not pass up the deal.

Great choice! The light show is awesome and I love the lighting effect of cycling through the villains. Nightcrawlers and spinning disc are badass, and I've never understood the hate on the moving ramp; a huge object moves across the playfield! What's to hate? Granted mine hasn't ever given me any issues, but as far as it blocking the playfield, the whole point is to shoot the iceman ramp, which is a totally visible shot no matter where the ramp is. And completing Iceman when the ramp is on the left is one of the most satisfying shots in the game.
But you bought this from FatTrain? Tell me you didn't sell your 2nd LE, Justin?!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

Tell me you didn't sell your 2nd LE, Justin?!

Don't you keep inventory of my pins! hehe jk

I paid for Predator on a credit card to earn some points and then used this cash to pay it off. XMen is great (especially with the new code) but between the new Metallica and some other pins I have on the way, something had to go...

I wasn't planning on selling it (nor did I even advertise it) but Rob is a good guy and he was looking for one so I hooked him up. I'm just so sick I might even buy it back from him down the road

#22 10 years ago

Key words: "Down the Road"...

Cause it is not going anywhere for a long time! LOL!

It's cool to finally put some semi serious playtime on the game and hear the speech, music and enjoy the latest code. I even heard Rogue say "Beauty and the Beast" today, but know I have just scratched the surface...

I'm so glad I went with the LE. The light shows, spinning disk, NC and yes even the Ice Ramp are all great features on this machine. Justin really took care of this game and the mods are perfect. Surprised he let it go myself, but glad he did.

#23 10 years ago

Congrats on the purchase! I personally think the LE features are awesome. I think they NCs spinning disc and Iceman ramp really add to the gameplay. And the lightshow on the LE cannot be duplicated on the pro.

Now you can join the club and start hitching and complaining about the code and lack of updates.

I kid. I kid.

#24 10 years ago

Big congrats Rob hell of a pin!!! It is great that it worked out like that and you were able to get one local. Fantastic looking machine without question. Good looking out Fattrain. Spiderman and X-Men look and play great side to side like that no doubt.

Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Congrats on the new addition Rob! Wolverine (or either Xmen LE actually) is a great game, I don't understand how people think the pro is ok not having the spinning magnet or iceman bridge.

I think it's safe to say there are fans of both models because they are just flat out fun to play.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Like TDA said; there are fans of both models. And Having owned an LE and now a pro, I can confidently say the iceman ramp sucks (sorry LE fans). But, the color changing GI and spinning disk are sweet elements. If I could make my own, I'd have the pro iceman ramp and NCs, with the LE color changing GI and spinning disk.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

confidently say the iceman ramp sucks (sorry LE fans

If it was clear or had more slots to help vision it wood Rock. Wish Zdoor or Hemi would come up with some thing . I would buy it in a heart beat.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

If it was clear or had more slots to help vision it wood Rock. Wish Zdoor or Hemi would come up with some thing . I would buy it in a heart beat.

Ya; but its klunky in the right position too which irks me. Doesn't bother some and it's all preference. Another reason why having two models is good.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I decided on the LE...

I think I've seen that Wolverine and Magneto before...

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I think I've seen that Wolverine and Magneto before...

You sure have

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

When it's out, it's in the middle of the playfield. There's nothing in the middle of the playfield you need to hit. All shots are high up. Therefore, it blocks nothing.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When it's out, it's in the middle of the playfield. There's nothing in the middle of the playfield you need to hit. All shots are high up. Therefore, it blocks nothing.

My be you are a short person. And can see under it. I am six feet tall. The ramp when on the left side blocks my view of the upper flipper big time. It blocks the entrance of the Ice Man ramp. Not so bad in Hero mode. But really bothers me in any multi-ball and Sabretooth mode. you are most likely a better player. No question it is cool. No question it interferes with my view of mentioned shots. It is a catch 22.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-an-x-men-le-in-the-sf-bay-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.