(Topic ID: 70188)

Looking for an LED Game Kit? Starter Kit can do Most Games. $99.00 Free Ship!

By OLDPINGUY

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jags
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

99.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Greetings All!

We have all seen the recurring threads regarding LED Kits for Games. We are proud to offer a Starter Kit of 152
    Supreme Brightness 1 SMD Bulbs for $99.00 with Free Shipping!

That's Right, no single LEDs, ONLY Premium 5050 SMDs!

It is quite possible to complete many games with this kit alone! Of course, we hope you'll get addicted like I did, and pick up some Flashers, and specialty bulbs along the way too.

We believe this is a great way to Start, and you learn how to customize a game to YOUR taste!

http://www.cometpinball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=150-Pack-STARTER

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Art
    www.cometpinball.com

99.jpg99.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

Art,

This looks like a great starter kit with enough selection to do a complete LED job on just about any pin!! I suggest that you select a 25 pack of frosted warm white in wedge 555 base, a 25 pack of frosted natural white in wedge 555 base, a 25 pack of frosted warm white in bayonet 44/47 base, and a 25 pack of frosted natural white in bayonet 44/47 base. Most pins use a combination of both different type of bases and with both frosted warm and natural white you will be able to best color match for any situation. And of course Art is also including a good selection of colored LEDs that you can use to highlight specific inserts and highlight specific GI areas.

What a great deal!!

From my experience here is what I have come up with regarding some basic ground rules in LED choice and use, and with this starter kit you will be able to accomplish a lot of what I recommend below:

1. I prefer the frosted 1SMD 5050 for almost everything as it gives a nice bright smooth dispersed light for inserts, under plastics for GI, and behind the back glass.

2. For back glass and under playfield plastics use warm white LEDs behind warm colors such as yellow, orange, and red, and use cool/natural white behind cool colors such as blue, green, and purple. You can use a colored LED for a "special effect" in some areas if desired. Again the frosted 1SMD 5050 works great here.

3. For inserts you can also use the frosted 1SMD 5050 but match the color of the LED to the color of the insert. The only exception is for yellow inserts. Do not use a yellow LED under a yellow insert. Instead use a warm white LED. Yellow LEDs are not bright enough and are only useful behind white inserts.

4. Use different color LEDs under white inserts to give you a more colorful playfield if that is the effect you want.

5. Use colored LEDs under playfield plastics to create a more modern colorful look if that is the effect you want.

6. Use specialty LEDs such as color changers and flex heads for those areas that may need them. Flex heads are good for where you have a sideways mounted bulb under an insert but I have found that the regular frosted 1SMD 5050 LEDs do put out enough sideways light to work just fine also.

7. Every game is different so feel free to experiment with different color and type combinations. It is always a good idea to purchase a few extras so that you can experiment.

8. The most important rule sometimes is to not follow any rules. If you think it might work give it a try. If you think it won't work give it a try anyways! You will never know what works until you try. It's only a bulb and it can easily be changed out if it doesn't work for you.

Pick up Art's Great Starter Kit and follow the guidelines above and I promise you a great looking pin!!

Thanks again Art for giving us all the best product, service, and price available for all our LED needs!

#3 10 years ago

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the input and Help.

It is my hope that with customers picking the whites they need, they can have an easier, more cost effective
    solution to starting the Joy of putting LEDs in a game. The Holidays are coming and Lights and LEDs are everywhere!
    Just as much fun to decorate a Pin!

If anyone has any additional questions, suggestions, or input, please do share!

#4 10 years ago

This is a really good mix for a starter kit. Personally, I find that I use more green than blue, but other than that, this is spot on. I have been really pleased with the Comet bulbs I have bought, and this would be good, even for just stocking up on some stuff.

#5 10 years ago

You're exactly right Art. Giving the folks the ability to choose which white bulbs they would prefer is a great option. Some earlier SS pins don't even use any wedge 555 bulbs so of course you wouldn't need any of those.

This is truly a great kit! You can do an entire machine just using whites but it's great that you are also including 50 colored LEDs. It will give you the chance to experiment with colors and if you find out that you need a few more to make your game just right, it's simple enough to just order a handful more from you if needed. And at a far better price than other kits that are out there.

I wish you had this kit a few months back as it would have provided me everything I needed. Thanks again Art for offering such a great product at such a great price!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-an-led-game-kit-starter-kit-can-do-most-games-9900-free-ship and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.