Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by adol75
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I have been working my ass off the past year to create a free youtube series called "Pinball skills in depth".
    It`s looking very good so far, but i want to double check the content from a professional player to provide the best information I can.
    My goal is to get new people into the hobby an help to discover the beauty of pinball. I also want to connect with you and and learn more about pinball.
    I would send you a private youtube link and the corresponding text before I realease an upcoming video, if something is wrong I would correct that.

Here are the first skills i want to dive into:
    drop catch, live catch, dead bounce, post pass, ski pass, tip pass, micro flips, back flips, aiming and shooting, nudging, slap saves, death saves etc.

Here is a first rough cut of my channal trailer to give you an impression. Please PM me if you are interested.

cheers

#2 3 years ago

This is very cool! This info will be fine for new players, and also to some of us who need to practice!!!Thank-you!!

#3 3 years ago

Yes, this was my intention. There is the very good Pinball 101 DVD from Keith, but its really old, not for free and you can`t share a link to certain skill tips via youtube on new mobile devices, I hope to make that possible.

#4 3 years ago

I’m not who you’re looking for, but look forward to seeing the content when you finish!

#5 3 years ago

Nice teaser. I would subscribe for sure.

#6 3 years ago

Wow, you certainly have the production and editing parts down; the trailer looks amazing! Nice work, I can appreciate the effort.

#7 3 years ago

Thank you thats nice to hear, I'm really excited for the launch! Still noone wants to help? Where is the passion??

#8 3 years ago

I'll help out if you need help.

However, the best place to check would be over on Tilt. That's were all the heavy hitters hang out.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

However, the best place to check would be over on Tilt. That's were all the heavy hitters hang out.

This. Also, not sure if you can, but maybe just post the private link there and solicit input there on the forum. You'll find plenty of help there, but asking for volunteers (unpaid) might not be the best way.

http://tiltforums.com/

Your video is awesome. Lots of skills shown in only 44 seconds. Look forward to future videos and will try to help when I can.

#10 3 years ago

Looks good, my only thing is I’m not a fan of promoting death-saves and bang-backs.
    They are just rough on machines (and players), and don’t really do anything legal that would make anyone better at pinball.

#11 3 years ago

Thanks for all the input! I opened a thread there. Maybe I find someone to do it for free.

DNO yeah the old death save argument
    I will include a caution information in that video.
    Including different floor surfaces, rubber feets etc... truth is people wont stop to learn it, because its freaking cool and impresses newbies. Pros get more impressed by an easy left outlane death save maybe?
    Done on a capet floor with the right feets there is no stress on the cabinet, but I agree on rubber feet on a wooden floor and also on the bang backs, i will not get into that.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks for all the input! I opened a thread there. Maybe I find someone to do it for free.
    dno yeah the old death save argument
    I will include a caution information in that video.
    Including different floor surfaces, rubber feets etc... truth is people wont stop to learn it, because its freaking cool and impresses newbies. Pros get more impressed by an easy left outlane death save maybe?
    Done on a capet floor with the right feets there is no stress on the cabinet, but I agree on rubber feet on a wooden floor and also on the bang backs, i will not get into that.

DNO would be a good choice for you minus death saves and bang backs. He's a hell of a player. I think I've beat him a couple of times, or maybe that was just a dream

#13 3 years ago

Experienced, that's me ! I've been playing for 30 years. And I still suck at it

Do I qualify

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-an-experienced-player?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.