(Topic ID: 159803)

Looking for advice on starting a League

By Camvr2013

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Camvr2013.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey everyone. I am looking to start a league in my area in the hopes of uniting fellow pinball players. I have no idea where to start. I have a couple of options for venue. I am also aware that there is a PAPA program that handles scoring... maybe? But that's about all I know. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#5 7 years ago

Awesome Caucasian2Step! This has been hugely helpful. Seeing the info about a "pinball coop" really peaked my interest. Wish we had something like that around my area.

I've sent a message off to IFPA in the hopes of getting more guidelines.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'd be more than happy to help if you'd like some guidance. I started a league a few months ago and have learned a ton since then. We will be wrapping up the second season in 2 weeks.

Awesome! Thanks Spyderturbo! I was hoping you'd see this thread and jump in as I saw your post about the RCPL being featured on ABC27. I want to do something similar for York. I know we're in fairly close proximity and I'm sure some of the guys/gals in your league are from here.

There seems to be a very keen interest in pinball in York. An arcade with about 8 pins just opened up downtown and I figured that would be a great place to hold the league. Well the owner informed me that he wouldn't be willing to accommodate us with any special rates for a league night or anything, so I'm moving on from that avenue.

Does your league take a break after completion? Might be cool to get alternating leagues going in York and Harrisburg!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Camvr2013.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-advice-on-starting-a-league?tu=Camvr2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.