(Topic ID: 321359)

Looking for advice on opening up a pinball bar

By ComboChuck

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Black_Knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago

Know your customer and stay focused on that.

Location is very very important unless you are a brewery or a destination. Cheap rent is not always a good thing, and neither is overpaying.

Coin drop pinball is a loss leader. Alcohol is where all the money is. So price your games accordingly. What will draw people in and keep them drinking while not losing money on the machines and maintenance. Pinheads don't spend money and their game times are much longer than gen pop. You want gen pop, and lots of them.

You need food to keep people longer. It is a loss leader too.

Building a solid base can take years of weekly events and outreach. Do you have the working capital for that? BTW Stern Army doesn't really help attract people.

Will this be your main income or a hobby to start?

I opened one last year. If you want the skinny, PM me with your contact info.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Here on pinside, there is a separate sub-forum you should catch up on:
    Forum > All Pinball > Operating/Routing Pinball Machines
    This current thread is in the sub-forum where your patrons will be talking about you, once you open your venue.
    .................David Marston

It's funny, I never read sub forums or sort by them - but I do post by them cause I got yelled at early.

I just scan all the new posts from the top, regardless of the sub forum. I think they provide functionality without benefit, but to each their own.

#14 1 year ago

Oh, and I forgot. Rule #1 of opening a Barcade, don't call it a Barcade you'll get a C&D immediately.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Black_Knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-advice-on-opening-up-a-pinball-bar?tu=Black_Knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.