(Topic ID: 230892)

Looking for Advice on Beatles Pinball...Diamond or Platinum?

By BackFlipper

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“What would you do? Please read the post first.”

• Keep the Platinum and sell the Diamond immediately. 6 votes
    30%
  • Keep the Diamond and sell the Platinum immediately. 5 votes
    25%
  • Keep the Platinum and store the Diamond for a while. 8 votes
    40%
  • Keep the Diamond and store the Platinum for a while 1 vote
    5%

(20 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Full Disclosure (sorry for the long post):
I have been a fan of pinball and The Beatles for over 40 years. When the two came together, it was a lifelong dream come true for me. I wanted to purchase a Diamond or Platinum Beatles game. I had purchased a Batman SLE as a big fan and was willing to spend some serious cash on the Beatles. I called my distributor. I have spent over $200K with them in recent years and thought I would get a good deal. Boy, was I wrong. $25K plus tax and shipping for the Diamond and $18K++ for the Platinum. I then went on the Special K program. I just randomly started calling distributors. More of the same thing.
I was pissed. I really thought the Diamonds and Platinum's were not rewards for the distributors; I thought they were rewards for loyal customers. Wrong again.
So I then sent emails to Stern Pinball asking for help. Zach was kind enough to actually respond to me. I was moved by that and asked if I could go on a factory tour. Zach obliged and I can't thank him enough. I got to see all three versions on the line. I was blown away.
In the meantime, I called back some distributors who were not getting 10 packs and asked them why? It always came down to money so I made an offer. I would split a 10-pack with them and closed a deal (I will not say who - If they want to disclose themselves, it's up to them). Here is how we settled. I would pay $38K and they would pay $32K for the 10 games. I would get 1 Gold, 1 Platinum and 1 Diamond for $38K. They would get 6 Golds and a Platinum for $32K. My understanding is that they sold the Platinum for $14K and got 6 golds for $18K. Pretty good deal for the distributor.
So, I got a Gold for $8K and a Platinum and Diamond for $30K. My estimation is that I paid $12,500 for a Platinum and $17,500 for a Diamond. I can live with that. The Gold is going in my office at work. One of the other two will go in my permanent collection. The other one I will put in storage as an investment or possibly flip. Does anybody feel these games are going up in value in the future?
What would you do in my shoes?
(I am leaning towards keeping the Platinum and selling/trading the Diamond immediately)

Thanks for the info on base pricing.

I would sell the platinum right away. In your scenario I would set up the gold at your office but expect to sell for about $5000 in a couple of years. Since you got such a good price and it is your dream theme, keep the diamond.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-advice-on-beatles-pinballdiamond-or-platinum?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.