Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by igo4rams
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tmntclassics_tmnt (resized).png
    IMG_5567 (resized).PNG
    moononite (resized).jpg
    g.png
    IMG_1784 (resized).PNG
    7f4d97f8ce34c814ba0e3169942f3a4b (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yesh23.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Wanting some advice on a game I bought sight unseen from a fellow Pinsider. I'm a novice when it comes to machines so I always look for machines from fellow Pinsiders and I have an amazing tech. I've bought about a dozen games sight unseen and have all went flawlessly until my most recent purchase. I should have been alerted when after we struck a deal, he asked for me to not say it was sold on here and I noticed he had placed it was sold elsewhere so I couldn't leave feedback. The game was delivered and set in storage for about 6 weeks until I could pick it up. When I final got it and hooked it up, the game wouldn't function. I thought maybe it was a cold solder connection since it was stored in a home that was 50 degrees so I wrote it off until someone went through the whole game and what was creating an issue was the lower flippers were missing their diodes which made it impossible to play. I reached back out to the fellow Pinsider a few times and he's finally responded back"the game was in players condition" even though during the whole transaction he stated it worked 100 percent but the playfield/ etc. was rough. Just looking for some advice and thanks

#4 7 years ago

My experience has been outstanding so far. I mean I could give a bunch of shout outs to outstanding sellers. I'm hoping he responds back on pm so it doesn't get messy.

#6 7 years ago

How would someone contact Robin or what's his user ID name? Also is there anyway to leave feedback since the individual didn't state it was sold on here?

#23 7 years ago

It's only been 8 days and it is spring break week but I've noticed he's been online everyday. I guess what really set me off was from my prior conversations with him that it was fully working and when I questioned him I got this response back "Being 100% honest that the game is in players condition, we both have learned not to buy/sell sight unseen. I suggest you try to sell it again and be done with it."

Then silence. I read hoping for him to knock off a few dollars and I could donate to Robin and move some of the money to the new owner.

Sorry for my ignorance on a cold solder joint "rookie here" I just assumed before investigation, that could have created the issue.

I'll wait until the end of the week and post feedback on the above recommendation in his profile

#27 7 years ago

Definately there are two sides to every story, that's why I'm pleading to the seller to reach out to me via pm and explain his side because from his previous responses with me, things don't add up.

#30 7 years ago

It was an older solid state Bally game. The seller dropped it off at the storage location because the site was 6 hours from me and he was going by there so I appreciated his contact before the deal. When I picked up the game 6 weeks later and set it up, I was disappointed but didn't think much. I tried as much as I could do then someone smarter than I figured it out. Again it was diodes and the lower playfield flippers that had been completed removed so it would have never allowed the game to play 100 percent.

#32 7 years ago

Unfortunately the game was 6 hours away from me in my wife's hometown that we weren't going to because of kids sports schedule for 6 weeks after we bought it. So it was bought fully site unseen and just dropped off. It went to my wife's parents house that know nothing about pinball. The person who fixed the game is 100 percent honest

#39 7 years ago

The reason I haven't mentioned the exact game is there's only been 1 or 2 that have been listed recently and I was really hoping to resolve this through pm.

I put up the sellers exact response so I'm going he was just encouraging to move it along for a loss which I've already done. I don't think he was inferring to not disclose. I could be wrong though.

#45 7 years ago

Luckily it wasn't all that much of a loss. I guess it could have been worse! It just irks me more than the money and especially since he's ignoring the issue

#56 7 years ago

Fortunately I feel I have a technician that's the most amazing guy and as honest as they come. As long as the seller describes everything that's wrong with the game, I feel or have it sounds like been very lucky with my past purchases. I will definately continue to buy sight unseen from folks I've already done business with since everything has gone flawlessly minus one transaction. The game wasn't Rollergames. It sounds like I can still leave feedback so I'll explore that tomorrow.

#57 7 years ago

I took Bud's advices and went on the feedback section and put a recommendation (about my negative interaction with the Pinsider) and submitted but come to find out, you can only give positive feedback this way, am I doing something wrong!

#83 7 years ago

A mania great advice that I'll utilize! I was just hoping that the seller would have contacted me back with his side of the story besides just telling me to move on from the game. Lesson learned with minimal loss, I can count my blessings.

#88 7 years ago

Yes totally agree Buzz and what an addictive hobby. When i first reached out to the seller I literally wasn't looking for any compensation but just an explanation on his side with what caused the issue with the game with only the response that I posted above. I'm sending a pm to Robin for a heads up and consider it closed now. I just wish he would have contacted me for the explanation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yesh23.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-advice-on-a-game-i-bought-from-a-fellow-pinsider?tu=yesh23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.