3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by igo4rams
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tmntclassics_tmnt (resized).png
    IMG_5567 (resized).PNG
    moononite (resized).jpg
    g.png
    IMG_1784 (resized).PNG
    7f4d97f8ce34c814ba0e3169942f3a4b (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

The reason I haven't mentioned the exact game is there's only been 1 or 2 that have been listed recently and I was really hoping to resolve this through pm.
    I put up the sellers exact response so I'm going he was just encouraging to move it along for a loss which I've already done. I don't think he was inferring to not disclose. I could be wrong though.

He's already proven himself dishonest by ripping off Pinside and reporting the game sold elsewhere. I don't understand why you're protecting this douche.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

My experience has been outstanding so far. I mean I could give a bunch of shout outs to outstanding sellers. I'm hoping he responds back on pm so it doesn't get messy.

Guy didn't look like this, did he?

g.png

#53 3 years ago

moononite (resized).jpg

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Not defending the seller. I have seen games work fine with no flipper diodes. It may lock up right away or not for 10 games. If the game was sitting and doesn't power up it could be a loose connection/ ribbon etc. Missing flipper diodes wont cause a power up issue. What game is it?

It wasnt a power up issue, it would act up during game-play.

#55 3 years ago

Name and shame - 100% working and no diodes? I don't think so! The man who sold you this is a scam artist, no ifs or buts.

I've bought a few games and one I risked sight unseen (an expensive monster bash imported from Germanycto the U.K.!) the monster bash was the best one I bought but did have a problem with ththe drag motor -

Even when you see a game it's not hard for a seller to "patch" it up so it's working ok but is on its knees! You want to avoid that hassle buy NIB - that's why I love the remakes as it takes the agro out of buying a MM or AFM.

Neil

#56 3 years ago

Fortunately I feel I have a technician that's the most amazing guy and as honest as they come. As long as the seller describes everything that's wrong with the game, I feel or have it sounds like been very lucky with my past purchases. I will definately continue to buy sight unseen from folks I've already done business with since everything has gone flawlessly minus one transaction. The game wasn't Rollergames. It sounds like I can still leave feedback so I'll explore that tomorrow.

#57 3 years ago

I took Bud's advices and went on the feedback section and put a recommendation (about my negative interaction with the Pinsider) and submitted but come to find out, you can only give positive feedback this way, am I doing something wrong!

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

I will definately continue to buy sight unseen from folks I've already done business with since everything has gone flawlessly minus one transaction.

You probably got a few people excited at "unseen" only to add the rest on Good for you

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

How would someone contact Robin or what's his user ID name? Also is there anyway to leave feedback since the individual didn't state it was sold on here?

robin is his user name. He responds to PM and may be on vacation at the moment.

#61 3 years ago

If you won't give up the name at least bust him to robin. The right thing for robin to do would be to ban him. He ripped you off and he ripped off pinside.

#62 3 years ago

A little pinside investigation leads to this being the missing link.... pics match, issues match and the timeline seems to fit.

IMG_5567 (resized).PNG

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

I took Bud's advices and went on the feedback section and put a recommendation (about my negative interaction with the Pinsider) and submitted but come to find out, you can only give positive feedback this way, am I doing something wrong!

It looks like you can only write unsolicited positive recommendations.

If a seller chooses to request feedback when ending an ad, then a buyer can submit either positive or negative feedback.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like you can only write unsolicited positive recommendations.
    If a seller chooses to request feedback when ending an ad, then a buyer can submit either positive or negative feedback.

That don't make sense at all? "If the seller chooses" well hell if you are selling junk then of course they won't choose to request feedback.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

That don't make sense at all? "If the seller chooses" well hell if you are selling junk then of course they won't choose to request feedback.

You're right. I'm actually working on this as we speak. In the future, both positive or negative "recommendations" will be allowed, including an option for the other party to respond. Much like how AirBnb reviews work.

I might have to rename "recommendations" to something else though. "Reviews" maybe?

#67 3 years ago

If it was one of those elektra's the deal couldnt have been terrible. One describes it in a little rougher shape than preferred. The other is cheap and and good glass. Tough game to find take what you can get. Could have paid dues to robin but if you buy a game unseen and expect perfect..... Lower your expectations.

#68 3 years ago

Don't be so cheap,if ya use the marketplace pay the dues!
    -Mike

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I might have to rename "recommendations" to something else though. "Reviews" maybe?

Feedback?

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

If it was one of those elektra's the deal couldnt have been terrible. One describes it in a little rougher shape than preferred. The other is cheap and and good glass. Tough game to find take what you can get. Could have paid dues to robin but if you buy a game unseen and expect perfect..... Lower your expectations.

The top Elektra sale is the OP of this thread the 2nd one isn't (quite possibly the seller in question) pics in both ads show the exact same PF wear so I assume it's the same pin...

#71 3 years ago

What good would it do to out them? Gorf screwed people and he was let back on the site and able to put up ads after he was caught dodging pinside fees and ripping off customers...

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Even if it was working 100%, bounce something mechanical that weighs 300lbs across the country and it may not work when you open it up.
    I have shipped games myself that REALLY did work 100% and by the time they arrived, they had a fault of some sort (cracked solder joint, connector worked itself off....).
    Pinball machines were made to be serviced on site, and most repairs take less than a hour.
    What game is it?

Yup 100 percent agree. 2 games I sold had this issue. I sold a Totan and when the guy got it half the GI lights were out and one flipper didn't work.

A tspp DMD was broken after shipping and I had to try and persuade him it really did work when I sent it out.

After those I was done with shipping machines without anyone seeing them

#73 3 years ago

Seller should not be ripping off pinside. I might blast the place but rules are rules and if you are on here you follow them.

Buyer got what he deserved. Bought sight unseen. Game was transported 6 hours. Then he sat on it for 6 weeks. I have 0 sympathy. Suck it up and consider it a lesson learned.

I know a lot of sellers, myself included, who tell buyers that they guarantee the machine works until they move it. I've moved machines to shows that were hours away and even tournaments which were 30 minutes away and watched them melt down the instant they were turned on.

#74 3 years ago

Okay, here's what I'm not getting. If the game isn't working because it's missing diodes on the flippers, can't you just put the GD diodes on and play your game? As Vid said, they're pennies to buy. I'm not sure I'd be this upset about it. Yes, he lied to you, but it's just a couple of freaking diodes at the end of the day.

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

I put up the sellers exact response so I'm going he was just encouraging to move it along for a loss which I've already done.

So this machine you didn't even keep? You've already sold it? Was your intention to keep it or sell it?

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay, here's what I'm not getting. If the game isn't working because it's missing diodes on the flippers, can't you just put the GD diodes on and play your game? As Vid said, they're pennies to buy. I'm not sure I'd be this upset about it. Yes, he lied to you, but it's just a couple of freaking diodes at the end of the day.

The info the op posted seems to suggest that he has since resold the pin in question.

Quoted from Yesh23:

Then silence. I read hoping for him to knock off a few dollars and I could donate to Robin and move some of the money to the new owner.

Original for sale post from the possible seller in question:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/43035

OP's for sale post reselling the identical pin from the link above:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/45825

Compare the pics of the playfield in each for sale ad and you will see the exact same wear spots. I think at this point it's more about being financially compensated for the lack of disclosure than it is about repairing the pin and playing it.

#77 3 years ago

One man's "100% working" is another man's piece of shit missing essential components regardless of price of said components...and a lie is a lie

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not getting a few things myself and starting to lean to this was just one of those things that happen and not an intentional ripoff by seller. First, consider age and condition of game. The fact that is was transported and then left for weeks in "cold" storage. Older Bally games can play without the diodes and the fact that it was on the lower playfield so it really could have been missed by seller. If it's working why would someone chase after something they don't know is wrong. The missing diodes could have been easly missed by seller, after all it wasn't advertised as a mint condition game. If you look at the ops for sale post if this game he states sound board not properly working but was told it was when buying game. Another issue that could have been caused by transporting or cold storage. Unfortunately these things happen. But I still don't like the sellers response to the issues.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

One man's "100% working" is another man's piece of shit missing essential components regardless of price of said components...and a lie is a lie

If the game was working without the diodes wouldn't that still be considered working?

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

If the game was working

Quoted from Yesh23:

and what was creating an issue was the lower flippers were missing their diodes which made it impossible to play.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

What good would it do to out them? Gorf screwed people and he was let back on the site and able to put up ads after he was caught dodging pinside fees and ripping off customers...

Good to know I can pull what Gorf did and still be allowed here. Absolutely ridiculous what some people get banned for while others are allowed to lie, cheat and steal and walk around here with no consequences.

#82 3 years ago

Pins can play ok for some time without flipper diodes. And then unexpectedly give problems. Missing diodes can be overlooked by someone who is not a well experienced tech, or they can break or fall off when being transported. The seller might be dishonest, he might not be a very good tech, or he honestly might not have seen any issues while the game was in his possession. He might have only played two games on it before pronouncing it 100% working. And it might have been 100% working, for those two games.
    Bottom line, as I and others have said, don't buy sight unseen, play it immediately upon receipt if you do get it shipped from someone else, make any faults known promptly to the seller, not weeks afterward, and if you are not willing to pay retail, learn how to make your own minor repairs or realize you're going to have to pay your local tech to straighten out whatever you buy.

#83 3 years ago

A mania great advice that I'll utilize! I was just hoping that the seller would have contacted me back with his side of the story besides just telling me to move on from the game. Lesson learned with minimal loss, I can count my blessings.

#84 3 years ago

Dang I thought I knew for sure who the seller was but looks like I was mistaken

#87 3 years ago

Tried to warn you on post #3 this always gets messy. When you point a finger at someone 3 are pointing back at you. Transporting things is always a gamble. I try to leave my games alone. I have picked up a game and driven 40 miles and had problems,as well as picked up games and drivin 400 miles and no issues. Six weeks is a long time to wait to contact someone. I would probably feel like you messed it up and were trying to take advantage of me to pay for it. A lot of good info people have posted. Good luck with this addiction. You will find when the fever for a game is high your brain will miss stuff in pictures or descriptions even. Live long and play hard my friend.

#88 3 years ago

Yes totally agree Buzz and what an addictive hobby. When i first reached out to the seller I literally wasn't looking for any compensation but just an explanation on his side with what caused the issue with the game with only the response that I posted above. I'm sending a pm to Robin for a heads up and consider it closed now. I just wish he would have contacted me for the explanation.

#90 3 years ago

I have yet to buy a single used pinball machine that didn't have at least one issue. (I also am not buying museum quality pieces) Bought and sold at least 30 machines, so not a huge sample set, but enough to validate 100% working in a players machine is a rarity. IMO

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

He ripped you off and he ripped off Robin by reporting it sold elsewhere (so he doesn't have to pay the sold fee). Name names. He has surrendered any right to anonymity.

We get only one side of the story from this thread. I'm not saying the OP is wrong, but I am saying we don't know everything.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Amen

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not sure I'd be this upset about it. Yes, he lied to you, but it's just a couple of freaking diodes at the end of the day.

first they came for the diodes, and we said nothing...

#96 3 years ago

We generally do not discuss moderation decisions regarding individual members. Each matter is addressed on a case-by-case basis. Robin made a decision to give Gorf a second chance and allow him back on Pinside after extensive discussions, and that is the extent to which we will discuss Gorf's status. If anyone has questions or concerns regarding Gorf, please open a moderator feedback to discuss the situation with the Pinside Team. Any further discussion in this thread will be considered off-topic, will be removed, and the poster will be ejected.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Any further discussion in this thread will be considered off-topic, will be removed, and the poster will be ejected.

Force,than you should lock it up.
    -Mike

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Force,than you should lock it up.
    -Mike

That's it..... You're ejected!

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The last time I met someone from Pinside, they said my skin was like a turtle, lol

Okay mate which one of these are you......reveal your identity

tmntclassics_tmnt (resized).png

1 month later
    #100 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Not defending the seller. I have seen games work fine with no flipper diodes. It may lock up right away or not for 10 games. If the game was sitting and doesn't power up it could be a loose connection/ ribbon etc. Missing flipper diodes wont cause a power up issue. What game is it?

It was the diodes on the switches on the flippers. Messed up the switch matrix. Game could not be played with out them. Took me two days to find the problem. Checked every diode that was there. Then started looking for diodes missing. Bazinga!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Decals
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 64.00
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 27.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside