Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smokedog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Hi all,

I just sold my STTNG and TZ after 10 years of ownership and I'm looking to add a new machine to my collection. I have a couple of leads but I wanted to see if there was anything else out there in my neck of the woods. As the title says, I am looking for a WPT, RBION, CFTBL, RS, TOM or AFM. PM me if you're in Alberta or close and have any of these and are willing to part with one. Pristine or a project is fine by me.

Thanks

QSS

#2 10 years ago

Bump for the evening crowd.

QSS

#3 10 years ago

Bump for the Thursday crowd.

QSS

#4 10 years ago

I have a tom that I might let go. Been thinking about it ,just to change things up.

#5 10 years ago

Friday night bump. I have a couple of leads but would like a couple more.

QSS

#6 10 years ago

Al just sold his Tom,he still has a MB for sale
Thanks for the Sttng , laser cannons already hooked up,pinblades on the way.
ColorDMD and custom painted Borg ship going on tomorrow.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Al just sold his Tom,he still has a MB for sale
Thanks for the Sttng , laser cannons already hooked up,pinblades on the way.
ColorDMD and custom painted Borg ship going on tomorrow.

Nice, the Color DMD will be awesome. I talked to the guy who bought Al's TOM, he's the same guy that is buying my TZ. And now I am on the hunt for a replacement game.

QSS

#8 10 years ago

The game plays great,looks cool with the ColorDMD and laser cannons on.
I think you need a MB,lol

#9 10 years ago

Thanks Dan,

the MB sounds cool but I am on the hunt for a Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Glad STTNG is all blinged up for you.

QSS

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

The game plays great,looks cool with the ColorDMD and laser cannons on.
I think you need a MB,lol

I should have come over last night! Got home had 3 beers and passed out! Working too hard. lol.

I want to see this.

-Spencer

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Thanks Dan,
the MB sounds cool but I am on the hunt for a Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Glad STTNG is all blinged up for you.
QSS

Not the place I like to go for games,but I think Bob has one in Red Deer.
It will need work
Up until 1;30 last night playing the games,just getting the hang of the shots on Sttng

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I should have come over last night! Got home had 3 beers and passed out! Working too hard. lol.
I want to see this.
-Spencer

We had fun

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Not the place I like to go for games,but I think Bob has one in Red Deer.
It will need work

I actually saw Bob's CFTBL on Saturday. It was listed at $5,495 and needed some work. I think pinball has passed me by with prices like this. Bob was a nice enough guy and very courteous to allow me to come see what he has for sale, and he has allot of machines for sale. I'm starting to lean towards buying something new, at least then it will need minimal work out of the box.

I'll keep looking for awhile.

QSS

#14 10 years ago

I know I can get it for less,he owes me a credit on a previous purchase
I should say way less
I'll ask him what my price is for it,not mentioning you of course.

#15 10 years ago

Cool. Le me know if you get it.

QSS

#16 10 years ago

Did you see the LOTR he has there and if it is in descent shape?

#17 10 years ago

I'll be honest, I didn't even look at the LOTR because I already have one so I can't give you any direction at all. Sorry about that.

QSS

#18 10 years ago

I have a Ripleys and really enjoy it if you find a good one around $4000 in AB not to bad for the prices we have to pay in Alberta. Did you look at Bob's Addams Family pinball? I have never been to his shop but I know he takes trade ins. Would like to trade in my Elvis. Thanks.

#19 10 years ago

I'll be honest, I didn't even look at the LOTR because I already have one so I can't give you any direction at all. Sorry about that.
QSS

Well your no help, lol... Thanks for the reply thou...

#20 10 years ago

The Creature and Addams Bob has are my old pins. Any questions, let me know and I can probably answer.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

The Creature and Addams Bob has are my old pins. Any questions, let me know and I can probably answer.

I haven't seen the cftbl yet,any issues you know of.
I'm sure you had it playing a 100%.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball77:

I have a Ripleys and really enjoy it if you find a good one around $4000 in AB not to bad for the prices we have to pay in Alberta. Did you look at Bob's Addams Family pinball? I have never been to his shop but I know he takes trade ins. Would like to trade in my Elvis. Thanks.

The Addams Family Bob has looks decent. There wasn't allot of wear on the high wear areas but I didn't look at the boards or under the playfield so I couldn't say what is going on there.

Let me know if you want to sell your Ripley's.

QSS

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I haven't seen the cftbl yet,any issues you know of.
I'm sure you had it playing a 100%.

Bob may have more Creature's, but if it was mine, it will be missing the hologram.

Reimport. Played fine. Few cracked plastics, some PF wear at the scoop, and the letter 'M' by the flipper (minor wear). Translight has some wear spots. A bit of corrosion on the ramp flaps and some screws.

Had it on location for a couple months, players loved it.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Bob may have more Creature's, but if it was mine, it will be missing the hologram.
Reimport. Played fine. Few cracked plastics, some PF wear at the scoop, and the letter 'M' by the flipper (minor wear). Translight has some wear spots. A bit of corrosion on the ramp flaps and some screws.
Had it on location for a couple months, players loved it.

According to Bob,it's really nice.
He said he has another one coming as well.
Players loved it and you took it away
Nice to rotate stock though,keeps them coming back

#25 10 years ago

Bob says all his pins are nice

Yah, they gave me crap about letting that one go. Oh well. Need to pay for these NiB pins some how!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yah, they gave me crap about letting that one go. Oh well. Need to pay for these NiB pins some how!

Gone through by his tech,that's the main one.
I hear ya on the Nib's,I have to make room as well.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I was considering looking at some pins from Bob. Is there something I should know or is there other dealers that I should be considering?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

I was considering looking at some pins from Bob. Is there something I should know or is there other dealers that I should be considering?

Most of his stuff is heavily routed,players games.
Be prepared to do some work on them.

List what you want and maybe someone local to you has one.

#29 10 years ago

Yep some of his pins need a lot of work, I have two of them (not bought from him directly). One needed a ton of work, the other was in great shape. It really depends is they are heavily routed or if he got a HUO trade from someone. You really have to go there and check them out personally.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Most of his stuff is heavily routed,players games.
Be prepared to do some work on them.
List what you want and maybe someone local to you has one.

Thanks for the information. I created another post so that I did not hijack this thread.

#31 10 years ago

Did u see that beautiful CV on calgary kijiji? I know it's not on your list but it is stunning

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Did u see that beautiful CV on calgary kijiji? I know it's not on your list but it is stunning

The MB is also

#33 10 years ago

Quite an amazing collection there, wow...

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Quite an amazing collection there, wow...

Can you beleive he wants to sell his games for an aquarium
Who does that,lol.
Very nice games,I played that MB before he got it and it is nice.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Can you beleive he wants to sell his games for an aquarium
Who does that,lol.
Very nice games,I played that MB before he got it and it is nice.

maybe fish is his thing, im thinking they are doing way more than just an aquarium though. my daughter raises rouen ducks and peacocks and that set-up is about as much $$$ as 1 1/2 NIB wozle, but it's a really good hobby for her. it's puts good work ethics and the responsibility on raising them from egg to hen (or drake) the daily feed and the $$$ she makes from selling the chicks in pairs. ( 80/pair and she sold 24 sets last summer)

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Can you beleive he wants to sell his games for an aquarium Who does that,lol.Very nice games,I played that MB before he got it and it is nice.

It is going to be one kick ass aquarium, lol

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Yep some of his pins need a lot of work, I have two of them (not bought from him directly). One needed a ton of work, the other was in great shape. It really depends is they are heavily routed or if he got a HUO trade from someone. You really have to go there and check them out personally.

I bought a RFM from a guy in Calgary who got it from BOB and it was filthy, I mean FILTHY, a heavy layer of smoke EVERYWHERE. I decided to do a full restoration on the game except for cabinet decals and a playfield restoration.

The game turned out great. Eight months of work, about $300 in parts and probably 80 to 100 hours into it and I can sell it and EASILY make at least $0.29 if I were to part with it. It doesn't really matter though, I really like the game and doing a restoration was a great experience.

So my point is, if you don't mind working on machines from Bob, go for it. If you want a game in tip top condition and ready to play then you should look elsewhere.

QSS

#38 10 years ago

I bought a RFM from a guy in Calgary who got it from BOB and it was filthy, I mean FILTHY, a heavy layer of smoke EVERYWHERE. I decided to do a full restoration on the game except for cabinet decals and a playfield restoration.
The game turned out great. Eight months of work, about $300 in parts and probably 80 to 100 hours into it and I can sell it and EASILY make at least $0.29 if I were to part with it. It doesn't really matter though, I really like the game and doing a restoration was a great experience.
So my point is, if you don't mind working on machines from Bob, go for it. If you want a game in tip top condition and ready to play then you should look elsewhere.
QSS

Yep absolutely, one of the issue there are all priced as if they are in great condition.

#39 10 years ago

well his prices are way better than SML!! they have a RFM for 4900.00!! and it's filthy like back alley A$$!!!!

#40 10 years ago

Ya to be honest here in Alberta I have had much better luck dealing with collectors, if I am going to pay premium prices for a machine I want to make sure it is well taken care of...

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Ya to be honest here in Alberta I have had much better luck dealing with collectors, if I am going to pay premium prices for a machine I want to make sure it is well taken care of...

+1 to that.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

They look amazing but unfortunately to much money for me at this point.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

well his prices are way better than SML!! they have a RFM for 4900.00!! and it's filthy like back alley A$$!!!!

I've not come across anyone who has felt totally ripped by Bob and if you're truly unhappy he'll do what he can to make it right. Fair to say majority of his games that haven't been from a personal collection are at the very least utterly filthy. That can be overcome with a little effort and elbow grease though. On the flip, I think I can say with confidence that for ANYONE I've talked to about SML - they would classify their experience as bad. Either because they were a newb and got ripped on price or SML didn't deliver a completely shopped game as they always promise they'll do. They overcharge and under deliver.

I wouldn't rip anyone else here in Alberta, but have NO hesitation pointing out just how bad SML's business practices are. And they could care less as they'll just put a game in non working condition back on route until some NEWB is looking for a game and then they'll stick it to em. I doubt you'll find too many doing repeat business with them. Of course I've been wrong plenty before.............

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

I've not come across anyone who has felt totally ripped by Bob and if you're truly unhappy he'll do what he can to make it right. Fair to say majority of his games that haven't been from a personal collection are at the very least utterly filthy. That can be overcome with a little effort and elbow grease though. On the flip, I think I can say with confidence that for ANYONE I've talked to about SML - they would classify their experience as bad. Either because they were a newb and got ripped on price or SML didn't deliver a completely shopped game as they always promise they'll do. They overcharge and under deliver.
I wouldn't rip anyone else here in Alberta, but have NO hesitation pointing out just how bad SML's business practices are. And they could care less as they'll just put a game in non working condition back on route until some NEWB is looking for a game and then they'll stick it to em. I doubt you'll find too many doing repeat business with them. Of course I've been wrong plenty before.............

Nope I hear you there Bob is not a bad guy at all, I just disagree with some of the prices he has on his machines as he prices them as if they are mint collection machines when they truly are heavily routed, not clean. They are all free of errors and his technician goes over them and he is honest about condition but buyer beware that you are not getting a collector type of machine and you will need to do work on it to get it there...

#45 10 years ago

One day I would like to have another pin. When I am ready to double the size of my collection with a second one I will come here first with a WTB post and see what comes out of the woodwork.

I am taking a trip to Seattle here in the near future and will be able to play on a bunch of pins that I have only ever heard of or played on TPA at the pinball museum. Cheers to whoever runs the pins at the Flames Arena and Creekside Bar, I have donated money to your cause.

It would be nice to meet a some people who are into the hobby in the Calgary area. Has anyone ever done a meetup of any sort?

#46 10 years ago

His tech went through it is a load of crap.
I for one am one of the unhappy customers who bought a heavily routed MM.
His dark garage didn't show enough,tons of things I didn't see.
Even the flipper brackets were broken and they are steel
Bob offering me a 200.00 credit hardly makes up for the price I paid for on the game.
He does get nice games though on trade,mine was just crap.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

One day I would like to have another pin. When I am ready to double the size of my collection with a second one I will come here first with a WTB post and see what comes out of the woodwork.
I am taking a trip to Seattle here in the near future and will be able to play on a bunch of pins that I have only ever heard of or played on TPA at the pinball museum. Cheers to whoever runs the pins at the Flames Arena and Creekside Bar, I have donated money to your cause.
It would be nice to meet a some people who are into the hobby in the Calgary area. Has anyone ever done a meetup of any sort?

There are a few of us that have people over to play.
If you want to come by PM me.
That is Johnny and Zane is the tech keeping them in top notch shape at the arena.
Same with Creekside bar

#48 10 years ago

Guys like SML and Bob are not in it for the love of the hobby they are in it as a business to make money. That is why I will always default to a collector or buy NIB. Only if I am really desperate and need to trade a game for another would I go that route.

In Edmonton we have a pinball group that meets once a month and has around 14 guys but I have not heard anything that is formally done in Calgary, thou there are a lot of good guys out there, I have met a few of them at the Calgary Pincade Show.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

In Edmonton we have a pinball group that meets once a month and has around 14 guys but I have not heard anything that is formally done in Calgary, thou there are a lot of good guys out there, I have met a few of them at the Calgary Pincade Show.

Yeah I missed the Pincade show this year. I will make sure that I am there this year.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

There is a tournament at Creekside Bar this month,I think all twenty spots are taken.
There is an extras list in case of no shows.
Be there

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-wpt-rbion-cftbl-rs-or-afm-in-alberta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.