Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheBaron
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a0c76e09.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm looking for the Tron Deluxe Identity Disc by Spinmaster. This was the one that was selling at Target last year for $9.99-14.99. Unfortunately, I held off too long on buying one and now they are really hard to find. There are a couple people on eBay selling them for $40 + shipping, but I was hoping one of you guys had an extra laying around? I'm planning on using one as a topper for my Tron pro.

Thanks,
    Joe

#2 11 years ago

I have the Flynn disc

Looks great trying to re wire it and integrate it to the game

#3 11 years ago

I am not getting rid of mine but I have 3 and with full led upgrade kits so they actually look real. I was going to make them a tron topper and have the outer ring fade. But life hit the fan and I'm too busy to finish them just now...soon I hope. They are sort of hard to find and kind of expensive now. Good luck with the search they will look great as a topper

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I am not getting rid of mine but I have 3 and with full led upgrade kits so they actually look real. I was going to make them a tron topper and have the outer ring fade. But life hit the fan and I'm too busy to finish them just now...soon I hope. They are sort of hard to find and kind of expensive now. Good luck with the search they will look great as a topper

I was wondering when someone would make an identity disc topper. Would be great to have it mix with the lasserific topper somehow, since they sold so many for this particular game.

#6 11 years ago

He's looking for the deluxe version. The regular versions seem to be available.

#7 11 years ago

Ahhh, I see. Missed the 'Deluxe'.

#8 11 years ago

Holy craw. I had no idea these things were that expensive now. I've got one sitting in my bedroom in the blister pack. Sheesh. =\

#9 11 years ago

Wait...

$14.99 is expensive? Did they used to be free?

-jon

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

Wait...
    $14.99 is expensive? Did they used to be free?
    -jon

That one is just a cheap soft one-sided frisbee. The one I'm looking for is called the "Deluxe" version and has internal LED lighting and is nearly movie accurate. I believe up until about 6-8 months ago they were available at Target for $9.99 on clearance, but they are not available anymore.
    So, will anybody sell me theirs? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
    Joe

#12 11 years ago

I have been looking as well so if anyone has one avail after TheBaron gets his

#13 11 years ago

Yes, most of the Tron toys were heavily discounted after the movie had run its course. Most everything is still readily available through ebay and amazon, but for some reason the deluxe discs have shot up in price. The Kevin Flynn white disc is especially expensive. These were laying in discount bins, now collector's items.

The Zuse toy is worth several hundred dollars. You can never tell what will become collectable. I have a deluxe disc at home, but the kids still play with it. Good luck!

#14 11 years ago

I have a stock pile of light cycles also sols via Hallmark. I bet i have 20 of each The clu ones are not easy to get anymore. Most of mien came from mexico

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I have a stock pile of light cycles also sols via Hallmark. I bet i have 20 of each The clu ones are not easy to get anymore. Most of mien came from mexico

Good to know when my lightcycles finally burn out

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

The Zuse toy is worth several hundred dollars.

I checked literally 20 targets at least for that thing. Dallas, and in-laws checked Atlanta. I'm still not convinced that it was ever actually widely sent out to stores, and that the ones that were released were all prototype stock that got sent to test stores or something absurd.

There were rumors of a "Castor" toy (Marked AS Castor, NOT Zuse..) that seemed to be vaporware as well...unless you're talking about the same thing. I can't ever tell what to call that freakin' guy. Even Stern doesn't keep it straight with their "ZUSE" targets, but the callout says "I'm castor!" That whole cover thing was probably the weakest point of the entire movie IMO.

*edit*

I have the ultimate Tron Legacy "toy". I'll post a picture when I get home....

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I checked literally 20 targets at least for that thing. Dallas, and in-laws checked Atlanta. I'm still not convinced that it was ever actually widely sent out to stores, and that the ones that were released were all prototype stock that got sent to test stores or something absurd.
    There were rumors of a "Castor" toy (Marked AS Castor, NOT Zuse..) that seemed to be vaporware as well...unless you're talking about the same thing. I can't ever tell what to call that freakin' guy. Even Stern doesn't keep it straight with their "ZUSE" targets, but the callout says "I'm castor!" That whole cover thing was probably the weakest point of the entire movie IMO.

*edit*
    I have the ultimate Tron Legacy "toy". I'll post a picture when I get home....

There is a Castor/Zuse toy on eBay for a few hundred right now. Apparently they never saw daylight and made just a handful of prototypes.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

There is a Castor/Zuse toy on eBay for a few hundred right now. Apparently they never saw daylight and made just a handful of prototypes.

Oh, so I was basically right in my info then. That's good to know. Yeah, forget that mess. I'm all into holding onto some stuff that's cool, but I'm not going to pay hundreds of bucks for preproduction stuff...leave that to the toy guys that have 18 shelves full of crap..

I forgot to take a picture of my cool Tron Legacy thing last night. I will see if my wife can snap a pic and post it.

#19 11 years ago

There we go....

a0c76e09.jpga0c76e09.jpg

#20 11 years ago

I thought Trailers where to be sent back? If Not NICE SCORE. If they are lol way to let disney know where it is! Pm me if you dont mind on the story behind this.

#21 11 years ago

They can pry it out of my cold, dead hands. I got it a month or two before the full movie hit screens, and no, I didn't get it by stealing it from a projection room or from a friend.

One thing I found interesting is that these things are quickly being obsoleted. Most trailers even as of that time last year are being sent out digitally, so there is NOT a distributed film copy of the trailer of most movies now. If Tron 3 comes out, it may be impossible to find something like this.

#22 11 years ago

I havent been in a booth in ages. I assumed everything now was on digital media IE Hard drives and such.

#24 11 years ago

http://extremetechstores.com/p/63261/Tron%20Sam's%20Deluxe%20Identity%20Disc-%252d%252d-4GS2CO003Y0OB2B99.html

$10

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

http://extremetechstores.com/p/63261/Tron%20Sam's%20Deluxe%20Identity%20Disc-%252d%252d-4GS2CO003Y0OB2B99.html
    $10

Just tried to purchase one from that site, but it doesn't seem to be a real site and the shopping cart doesn't work. There's also no contact info to get a hold of them. Too good to be true. BUMMER!

#26 11 years ago

Yeah....crap I was totally exited and going to buy extras too... that would have been an EPIC find..

Instead, it's just a scam site getting ad revenue from views from schmucks like us.

#27 11 years ago

sorry, I just realised that as well. I've got an email to their "info" email address. I'll post if I get a reply

#28 11 years ago

I have a Tron disc that is metal and 2 inches across. Trying to figure out where to put it on the playfield.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/101343679/tron-20-castors-club-cane-handcrafted?ref=sr_gallery_23&ga_search_query=tron&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_ref=auto1&ga_order=price_desc&ga_page=0&ga_search_type=all

1 month later
    #30 11 years ago

for everyone still looking for one of the deluxe identity discs, I just received an email that urban-collector.com is expecting more in and has opened pre-orders for the reasonable price of $9.99

http://www.urban-collector.com/tron-legacy-deluxe-identity-disc-replica.html

edit:
    damnit! ignore my post, I just read the fine print. "no" electronics in this one. so, why did they list it as the "deluxe" version? hmm...

#32 11 years ago

A local Toys R Us actually still had 3 of these a couple of months ago. They had been marked all the way down to $6.88.

#33 11 years ago

I forgot about this thread or I would have posted that I found one. A couple weeks ago I figured out the discs pop up on ebay fairly often for $15-20 + shipping. I bought a new one for $15 + shipping. The other one I was watching sold for $24. The ones that are up there with $40-60 BIN prices have been there for a long time and aren't selling.

Anyway, I wound up gutting mine and replacing all the internal LEDs and swapping out the blue plastic with more movie accurate white parts. It currently is just lit up by the 12volt connector in the cabinet, but I may either try to find an affordable LED chase light to make it have a more animated outer ring OR add flashers to it so it flashes during certain modes. We'll see how ambitious I get. As it stands now, it's a pretty cool topper.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-tron-disc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.