Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
family-feud-x2[1].png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parkway.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So not only has the whole LIONMAN craze been making me start looking for one, but my wife has also jumped on the bandwagon and really wants me to get one; so much so that my pin buying is on hold until I find one. I guess I should consider myself lucky that my wife likes pinball, but please someone sell me their SoF so I can grab up some other titles that I want after that! Preferably within 150 miles of zip 10598. Thanks.

#5 9 years ago

Lol. This does not look like it is boding well for my search.........

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

Still looking and not giving up!! Sell me your SoF please.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I dont realy want to sell mine but i might consider an offer of $10k lol

Highest I could possibly go is 9.5K.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from parkway:

Highest I could possibly go is 9.5K.

Kidding!!

#13 9 years ago

I know. I had plenty of chances at one, but others I wanted more (Funhouse, Whirlwind, Centaur) came up first. Figures when I finally get around to it, it becomes "sought after".

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

becouse of the wait and difficulty in getting one and price mine wont be for sale any time soon.

I can relate. I feel the same way about my Whirlwind.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Woot! Got a possible lead on one. Hopefully it pans out. Who knows though, non-pinsider through craigslist ad I posted, so I'm guessing my chances are 1/20 as usual. Still better than nothing.

I think I saw your want ad; I was thinking that was you. Congrats if it goes through.

I was actually offered one from California, but I really don't want to ship anything. Too much money and too nervous about it being not as described and/or damaged in transit. I will just patiently wait. For now, I'm working on cleaning up the half of my basement that will be the dedicated arcade/gameroom. That will keep me busy for a while.

#39 9 years ago

Soooooooo I'm guessing no one has one out there yet they're willing to part with? Man. I might have to cancel the search now too. So far the only machines I'm really left looking for are Swords of Fury, TX Sector, and Fathom. Once I have those, I can "rest easy". That, and a Paperboy. I think that's all I can fit in my arcade anyway.

#48 9 years ago

I think at this point I'd actually pay a little over 2K for one but I don't think I'm finding one for that either.

#50 9 years ago

I like the game (obviously) but the fact that my wife and I played it a bunch while we were dating (my uncle had one in the bar he owned) makes it that much more special. Plus it's the first game aside from Championship Sprint that she was excited to get.

1 week later
#54 9 years ago

Just checking is anyone is sick of their swords of fury yet.....

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

If you find one even at 2k. Get it. I played mine for 5 hours last night. There are 20+ pins at my brother's studio and I still play SoF 80% of the time. I'm considering trading for a bsd but I'm scared that when I try to find this game again for under 2k I won't be able to.

Good advice. I had a nice one in Boston for 2300 with a new plastic set and extra playfield and I had to pass due to a cash shortage; this was a couple of months ago. I should have figured something out and grabbed it. You live, you learn.

#61 9 years ago

Looks like I found a SoF......9 hours away. Here is the true test of how much I really want one.......

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Egads, I hope it's a good price to drive that far.

Nothing special price wise but it is in great shape so thinking about it.........

#66 9 years ago

LIONMAN now lives in my basement (well....as soon as I move him there). Thanks, Crispin!

photo.JPGphoto.JPG
#70 9 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Nice. You weren't kidding. Hard core lionman!

This wasn't the 9 hour one. Thankfully a fellow Pinsider saved me that insanity and I only had to drive an hour and change.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

This is awesome. Was that 9 hour one 9 hours south of you by any chance?

Nope, that one was 9 hours west.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Let's see some more pictures when it's set up.
Good catch. Lionman has something unique. You just want to keep coming back for more.

Absolutely. Can't wait to actually play it. Now just have to find the time.......

This weekend isn't looking promising.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parkway.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-swords-of-fury?tu=parkway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.