Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
family-feud-x2[1].png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Woot! Got a possible lead on one. Hopefully it pans out. Who knows though, non-pinsider through craigslist ad I posted, so I'm guessing my chances are 1/20 as usual. Still better than nothing.

Good luck! SOF is awesome, these machines belong in pinsider hands!

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

And miss out on that new ramp I'm going to make for you? Received the model ramp in the mail today. It's up next after the Genesis ramps.

Wooooo!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Bah... Fell through. Guy changed his mind. Surprise surprise. I guess he looked around and is sitting on it now. I think I'm done with the SoF search. I'll wait a few years.
Anyone got a Bad Cats they wanna sell? Still looking for one of those.

With CPR almost done with the Bad Cats repro's, those are probably going to go up in price/desirability as well. If you can find one, jump on it.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Frustrated too, and I have come to the same conclusion about SoF. I have been looking for a while but few come up for sale. There is one response I get recently of a guy with a rough one who wants $2,000 after some unknown amount of "paint work".
Is it really a better game than BK2K or Whirlwind?

A common theme you will see is that people looked for years to find one. It's really just luck as to whether or not you'll find someone who not only has one, but is willing to sell. It's pretty rare to find one that isn't in rough shape. They were pretty much all routed, a ton were sent overseas, some were rethemed, etc. I would say it's on par with BK2K (though, you'll like the music in one or the other better), but it's better than Whirlwind in my opinion.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

I actually feel the opposite. In my opinion Whirlwind is better and ultimately would last longer in a small collection for 2 specific reasons:
1) Whirlwind forces you to shoot all around the playfield in order to light locks, whereas SoF's locks are always lit. Whirlwind makes the player hit 2 or 3 different shots around the playfield to light each lock and that requirement keeps the game interesting and somewhat physically chaotic.
2) The game's multiball scoring is much better. SoF's jackpot ladder kinda sucks... once you get the listed jackpot value (1.5m+ usually) you're stuck at 500k for the rest of that game. If I get the jackpot on ball one, then I really have little motivation to do multiball again. If there's some setting to change this then please enlighten me!
Now that said, I do think the music, theme, and layout in SoF is much better then Whirlwinds'.
I also don't plan on selling my SoF for a long time. I really enjoy the game's overall atmosphere

I actually do agree 100% with you on the multiball scoring and the locks (the lack of lock shots in SOF has always kind of bugged me, but it's not a dealbreaker by any means). But, for me anyways, the theme and music almost outweighs gameplay issues on a title like this. The gameplay is fairly limited in the first place with not a great deal of things to do/shots to make. The ruleset initially seems a bit confusing the very first time you play it, but it's probably one of the simplest rulesets I have played on a SS machine. You would think that would make it boring, but again, the theme, music, callouts, etc. all just keep it really fun for me. There's just something about it!

2 weeks later
#65 9 years ago

Pffft. Casuals. I bought mine from a guy 2000 miles away.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Did it come from Kamloops? That may be my old game that I sold to a friend if so....

Nope! I got it from pinsider RawleyD (or rather, his brother), in Virginia. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it. I replaced every single board in it, and ended up with a bad Rottendog board (they were great about replacing it no charge though). Once I sorted that out and fixed a few broken connectors it has worked flawlessly since then!

The only issue I have had is that I can't seem to find a complete replacement for the upper pf flipper (that super long arm makes it tricky). There are a few sites that carry the right size of flipper, but I have not found any with the long arm. Mine has started to wear where the solenoid arm clamps it. Every few weeks i have to adjust it and tighten it up. Anyone got any suggestions?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-swords-of-fury?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.